PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Override

85hondaatc125m
01-16-2006, 07:55 PM
What is reverse override? Cant say much else exepth that it is on an ATV and is a small button located on the handle bars.

200xman
01-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Most newer atvs with reverse have a rev limiter that kicks in at about 1/4 throttle when you put it in reverse. Holding down that button disables the rev limiter giving you full power and speed in reverse.

PowerTrike
01-17-2006, 03:20 AM
200xman is correct. Many Polaris ATVs come with this. My Scrambler has it but I disconnected it because of problems (seemed to want to limit the revs in forward too!).

Howdy
01-17-2006, 10:37 AM
85hondaatc125m, If your thinking of how to put one on a Honda forget it. It won't do you any good. Completely different set up. If your just asking because of curiosity then ignore this part. ;)

200xman is correct. Many Polaris ATVs come with this. My Scrambler has it but I disconnected it because of problems (seemed to want to limit the revs in forward too!).

PowerTrike, Nothing like going 35+ MPH in reverse now, huh? I tried it a couple times on mine and WOOOOHH baby!!! lmao I do love the P3's for being able to do some pretty good reverse burn outs. ;)

Howdy

ATC crazy
01-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Its there to govern your speed while in reverse. Because of the belt drive, they can go almost as fast in reverse as they can going forward. Its another saftey feature for the morons out there.

bigredhead
01-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Some of the new machines should not be run full tilt for extended periods of time in reverse.. cooks the belts or screws the tranny.

85hondaatc125m
01-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Ok, i was just wondering, bought a old 87 polaris and it has it and was just wondering what is was, but now that you speak of it Howdy, just kidding lol

PowerTrike
01-17-2006, 08:43 PM
PowerTrike, Nothing like going 35+ MPH in reverse now, huh? I tried it a couple times on mine and WOOOOHH baby!!! lmao I do love the P3's for being able to do some pretty good reverse burn outs. ;)

Howdy

Yessir. A bit scary but very fun, You could beat anybody in a reverse race! lol Yup reverse burnouts are a blast and the only ones I can do. With the P3's front brake locked up she'll just buck and wheelie no matter how far you lean forward :cool: