PDA

View Full Version : My first ATC project is underway

ZandATC
01-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Back in '85 my uncle bought my aunt a brand new ATC110, which she rode up until the early 90's then parked it in the back of the garage until last weekend. While cleaning up to make room for the AMX he just bought, my uncle pulled the trike out and told me I could have it if I wanted it (like I would actually turn it down...)

Anyway, I pull it into the driveway and after pulling the rope only 4 times, it starts right up. It wouldn't hold idle, but as long as you feathered the throttle it stayed running. I ran it around for a good 20 minutes, then brought it back to my shop where I am going to do some basic odds and ends (oil change, carb rebuild, etc etc) to get it running good again. 3 wheelers are fun :)

This prompted me to dig out my ATC70 that has been collecting dust, and also dig up my Tri-Zinger to complete my fleet. Heres a picture of the 110 as it looks right now, after I removed some parts yesterday.

Vealmonkey
01-19-2006, 02:56 AM
Nice fleet you have started. Welcome to the boards fellow marylander. I have a 350x at a buddies house out near you. There is alot of good advice on these boards and many people have parts. Maybe when the weather gets better, we can meet up and go riding. Keep us posted about getting the fleet up and running again.

phreakboy
01-19-2006, 08:38 PM
sounds like a nice little group, I am from PA, but I am in taneytown all the time up at Chaz's used auto parts picking up cars. what kind of riding do you have around there, I am always interested in meeting and riding with new people.

ZandATC
01-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Very cool guys, we could definately get in touch when it gets warmer and do some riding. Right now the only guys I've been riding with are my uncle, cousin, and one of my friends and we just go out to my mom's farm. She's got 160 acres, mostly open fields, but probably 10 acres or so is covered in trees. I have some pretty good trails started, but I definately need more. Have a couple streams intersecting the trail, a nice pond to play in, and quite a few nasty mudpits so it keeps us busy.

Most everyone I know rides up at Tower City, and there is supposably some place down in Laurel that is huge but I haven't got down there yet.