PDA

View Full Version : 3WW or .org

BurkC
01-19-2006, 07:05 PM
I was wondering if anyone had some insight into why there are two sites for 3-wheelers (this one and .org) that are virtually identical and have most of the same users.

I find myself reading some of the same posts on boths sites.

Any history behind each site?

Curious

BurkC

Mike_Ham_250R
01-19-2006, 07:31 PM
The way I see it is you come to 3ww and when you've read every single post and it dies down, take a trip over to the .org. LOL I am just kidding these are both great sites that are good to be a part of. "HondaATC" and "Howdy" are the admins of this site and member "250SX" is the owner of .org. Both great sites and keep up the good work everyone!

Yamahondaman
01-19-2006, 07:36 PM
3ww and the org. are sim. as far as "Typing" about diff. stuff and all ... it's who ya know and who you wanna meet as far as Finding spot's to ride and when ... there's also ATVFLORIDA,FLORIDAATV,ATVCOLORADO,Midwestrikers and a few more i can't think of .... but one thing for sure is that when you ride ATV's and want info on riding and so-on ... these places are MUCH Better than the Chat Rooms on AOL !!! no pop up's and no "Poser's" ...we all want to ride and buy stuff for our Trikes and Quads....these web sites are my "2 hr." a day (Chillin Out) Relaxation Time.........
HOLLARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

edog
01-19-2006, 07:49 PM
I see alot of the same stuff over there as here.

Howdy
01-19-2006, 08:14 PM
I see alot of the same stuff over there as here.

But here on 3WW we don't allow anyone to bash the other site. Also, here at 3WW we try to keep it Family Oriented / Friendly. And it shows we are doing something right because we are growing fast!
Howdy

Billy Golightly
01-19-2006, 08:46 PM
I moved this to the open forum because I think its more of an appropriate place for the topic.

With that being said, 3ww and .org are like Ketchup, and Mustard. Some people like one, some people like the other, some people like both. Theres people on .org that dont like 3ww for one reason or another and the same goes here. Its just a personal preference thing.

Also, heres a little page with some history of 3WW. Its about 2 years old now as the site just had its 7th birthday earlier this month. Still a good read though for those not familiar with the background: http://3wheelerworld.com/5years.shtml

westcoast TRI-Z
01-19-2006, 10:50 PM
.ORG has a fight club:naughty: , you can use it to vent, post many unrelated things in there, or verbally bash someone. I don't bash anyone, but damn, some of the stuff gets nasty, and a lot of the time, its just hilarious!:lol:

edog
01-19-2006, 11:00 PM
.ORG has a fight club:naughty: , you can use it to vent, post many unrelated things in there, or verbally bash someone. I don't bash anyone, but damn, some of the stuff gets nasty, and a lot of the time, its just hilarious!:lol:

I like 3 wheeler world the best:w00t: :Bounce :Bounce :Bounce :Bounce :crazy:

KASEY
01-19-2006, 11:00 PM
both sites get my vote!!
http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/andrewingram/2005/02/03/awesome.jpg

Tri-ZNate
01-19-2006, 11:20 PM
I use 3ww more so I like it more. When I got to .org I always have to read the forum description to figure out where I want to go. And 3ww seems to be laid out better with, how can I put this, nicer people :D Either way :TrikesOwn

250SX
01-20-2006, 01:50 AM
But here on 3WW we don't allow anyone to bash the other site. Also, here at 3WW we try to keep it Family Oriented / Friendly.

We don't allow site bashing on our site either. If you see any we missed just send me or a mod a quick PM. As for the rest....well we have the FC and you guys have your chat room. It gets down & dirty in both, but in the FC everyone's comments are preserved for the record. http://sandwizardsforum.com/forum/images/smiles/argue.gifhttp://www.stuntlife.com/forums/images/smilies/LolLolLolLol.gif

TimSr
01-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Dan does not allow site bashing, but instead allows people to run threads bashing the individual of their choice from this site while on there. And, yes, I did discuss it with one of your moderators, and yes, YOU chose to let it run, locked it, but left it displayed instead of removing it, as any mod here would have done here. Then you chose to invite the party being attacked to go over to your site, and fight. He had more class than that. Then you decided to setup a secondary message forum and link to it from your site for the guy to launch attacks on the same individual as well as the entire 3WW staff to make your hands look clean.

No, Dan, you dont allow site bashing, per se, on your site.

I dont know you. I dont know that I have ever spoken to you. Ive never had a disagreement with you on the forums. I do know Ive defended you on many occassions, and removed attacks on you and your site from here. We dont allow that crap.

Im not posting this to argue or start a fight, but you should know that until that episode, I had a lot more respect for you, and your decision to start your own site instead of complain about the way this one was run. I often told people who complained all the time, that they should go start their own site as you did. I respected you. That changed when I saw what looke dlike you firing up and entertaining your people by letting others do your dirty work and attack the people who run this one.
I dont go over on your site and start crap. I dont even post there, because I know a couple of your members will start crap, and Ive got too much class to drag that somewhere else where I am a guest.

No Dan, you dont allow site bashing, but you knowingly facilitate it and encourage it, as long as your fingerprints are not on it. I liked you a lot better and had a lot more respect for you when you didnt put up with that crap on your website.

chris200x
01-20-2006, 10:56 PM
I like the black and red board over there on .org. Personally i LOVE this one as you can tell with my post count. I visit both but it seems like you always get a quicker respose to your questions here. Actually i wish there were more trike sites. :w00t:

Cody
01-20-2006, 11:48 PM
3WW. It's like deciding if you like a trike or a quad better. 3WW has nicer people, Howdy is a good man. He has done a good job on this site. Personally I dont really like .org.

ATC crazy
01-21-2006, 03:39 PM
This place is my home :D I haven't been to .org in about 2 years or more. I liked the people here better (Billy, Howdy, all the Tim's and Jim's, ect...), so thats why I stuck around here.

Rm250RF900R
01-21-2006, 07:28 PM
I was just reading a thread over on .org in the fight club and wow, crazy. Made for some interesting reading I must say.

250SX
01-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Tim you and everyone else are welcomed to come over to .org and post away. If someone starts crap with you unrelated to your post then they will be dealt with appropriately. I've never met you and don't have a problem with you personally, although I realize some do. :) I also don't have a problem with this site which you can tell since I do post over here occasionally.
That is correct I do not allow site bashing. Now occasionally people have problems with members and get into arguments which is what the FC is there for. It's all out in the open for everyone to see and comment on one way or the other. It is a fine line to walk between site bashing and personal bashing, but we do our best. Rest assured there is no conspiracy involved.
If you're referring to that special board well it seems to me its purpose was accomplished so that the same old dead horse is no longer being beat on a constant basis either here or there. In fact, one of your mods this very second is having a huge fight that started in a regular post and had to be moved to the FC. You didn't see me (or my evil henchmen :lol: ) censoring that did you? I guess you want it both ways. Apparently some mods over here do appreciate the FC. ;) Anyway, that's all I have to say on this subject. Have a nice day.

TimSr
01-24-2006, 12:08 AM
I respect the differences in the way you run yor site, but when you let people fly personal attacks up against people who are not even members of your site for the purposes of trying to bait them into coming over and joining just to fight for your entertainment, I see that as promoting rifts between the sites rather than trying to form a better unity. It does not add much class to your site, but youve got a right to run it as you see fit. Im sorry one of our mods couldnt handle all the personal bashing and lies without respsonding. It is hard to take and I dont blame him. Most of us have had enough of a certain individual and just want to be left alone. We dont allow threads to run here bashing him, no matter what we make think of him. If you wish to let him indulge in reviving a dead horse over and over and over with a different version of events each time, that is your choice, just as its mine to stay off your site, and indulge in my own lack of respect for a site that promotes what I see as hostility and garbage.

As I understand it, the purpose of fight club is for members of the site to argue. I can respect that. If they want to go in there and fight it out, thats their choice. Moving heated threads in there is a concept I can understand, even though I wouldnt use it. What I object to is allowing people to use it bash people who dont even belong to your site and have no desire to go in there and argue. Your basically telling me that when somebody bashes me over there, I can either join your site and argue like an idiot, or simply not respond. Ive got too much class to respond, but when I see the crap, it totally reflects on you in my mind for allowing it.

What WAS the purpose of the other site, that supposedly "has been served"?

NOS_350X
01-24-2006, 12:15 AM
Its better to have a fight club that to kick the problems under the carpet and pretend they never happened. I used to be a die hard 3ww guy but then some stuff happened, and now i just try to come here to help with tech type stuff. If i talk about what happened my post gets removed, Its amazing how that works ask questions or talk back and you get removed or banned. Its just better to keep your mouth shut over here and pretend everything is all peachy. Theres a click here and you gota make them happy.

TimSr
01-24-2006, 12:17 AM
Its better to have a fight club that to kick the problems under the carpet and pretend they never happened. I used to be a die hard 3ww guy but then some stuff happened, and now i just try to come here to help with tech type stuff. If i talk about what happened my post gets removed, Its amazing how that works ask questions or talk back and you get removed or banned. Its just better to keep your mouth shut over here and pretend everything is all peachy. Theres a click here and you gota make them happy.

When were you ever banned?

ScottZJ
01-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Well I am a mod over at .org (not sure why...lol) but I come here just as much. I hate to see things such as this being divided. There are only a small amount of 3 wheeler enthusiasts in the world and to divide them amongst a couple sites shouldnt happen. I mean I am sure there will be people that dont like other people(some people just cant get along with anyone), but to cause members to have to choose between sites isnt right. Both sites have their good and bad points but we should be together as a whole as 3 Wheeler riders and show a strong standing..............peace