PDA

View Full Version : I pissed off a few snowmobiler's...

freaksfix
03-02-2003, 12:56 PM
The local sled club held a "vintage sled race" beater sled race. So we rode the wheelers over to check it out. Me on my R, my brother on my Odyssey, and a buddy on his lifted, piped, and clutched piece of Poo-laris 500HO. So after they were done racing and started loading up, I fired up the R and ripped around the race track. Needless to say they werent too happy! They started to wine that we kill "there trails", (just so you know Oriskany trails are not part of the NYS trail system. Nothing but outlaw trails.) So my rebuttle was "so how was my lap time" that only pissed them off even more, because my lap time was better than 75% of the sleds... :twisted:

Just thought Id share my day of fun with yall.........

85200xer
03-02-2003, 04:43 PM
I ride wheelers and sleds and really don't care if people ride in the trails because they are groomed and hardpack most of the time and the wheelers don't sink in anyway they were just made because the 250r smoked most of the old sleds.

ATC crazy
03-02-2003, 06:14 PM
You couldn't race the new sleds these days. They flat out haul trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro

ATCRYDER
03-02-2003, 10:12 PM
yo freaks---do me a favor and check your PM's.

Rob

ATCkrazy
03-03-2003, 07:55 AM
I hate idiots that ride quads/trikes on our snowmobile trails, you'l be flying along at 70-80mph and your ski will hit a rut that some ashole made cause he started spinning, dangeres for the sled's, after all thay are snowmobile trails, not quad trails, I know because thay had to shut down a part of the trail(near otego, 5 miles from where I live) so im not to crazy for anything except sleds using the trails, I say this as a man that owns BOTH sleds and trikes.

freaksfix
03-03-2003, 09:38 AM
First off you might wanna think before you start calling me an idiot!!! Second if you read the post they are not "sled trails" they are outlaw trails. I have ski's on my X and I dont have any problems with hitting rutts ( maybe cause the wheelers stay on top of the snow, other wise I would not have been riding in the snow), or maybe you just cant handle your sled??

Tri-Z_Jim
03-03-2003, 10:20 AM
..I dont know if the sled club owns the property they raced on,,but it sounds to me like you went riding someplace when you didnt have permission.I dont know what relationship you have with the "sled club"either,,apparently not too good.They were nice enuff to let you ride up and watch the races,trailprotrailpro you did your hotlaps you should have atleast asked someone to go out and ride on the track.Just my 3 cents.
Most of the MX tracks/clubs here dont let anyone ride on their tracks except for race day and 1 open practice during the week.club members can ride anytime.
if the sled trails are frozen hardpacked snow then i cant see where an atv can mess up a sled trail.Powder snow is a different story,sux when your ski's are stuck in 2 ruts all day.My old sled is alot narrower than my blaster so It tips easy when it gets caught in an atv rut.I'm not taking sides b/c i ride on sleds and atv's..Snowmobiles do make some wicked fast ATV trails though. :)

TimSr
03-03-2003, 10:26 AM
Id be lot more impressed with a post that read "Gained the respect of a few snowmobilers". Maybe Im just old fashioned with an outdated viewpoint, but I cant understand how racking up a few more enemies to join the crusade against ATVing is an accomplishment worth bragging about.

Howdy
03-03-2003, 10:36 AM
Id be lot more impressed with a post that read "Gained the respect of a few snowmobilers". Maybe Im just old fashioned with an outdated viewpoint, but I cant understand how racking up a few more enemies to join the crusade against ATVing is an accomplishment worth bragging about.

AMEN

ATCkrazy
03-03-2003, 10:47 AM
freak, I wasent calling you an idiot if yer riding on outlaw trails, what I hate is when someone rides on a legal snowmobile trail and puts ruts in it, it's like I dont riding my trike much in the winter, I ride the sleds insted, if someone wants to ride in the winter then maybe thay should fork over some cash and buy a sled, thats just my .02 cents.

freaksfix
03-03-2003, 01:10 PM

Yes you are right, but there is noway that is going to happen.

I guess you have to live in the area to understand. My town is real small, where everyone is friends with everyone. I have been riding this area since 1985, long before the snowmobile craze came around. So if me and the handful of others never rode then there woulndnt be trails now. 6 or 7 years back a different handful bought sleds, and tried kicking us (the wheelers) off the "there sled trails" come winter. The same trails that me and a few friends dig ditches to drain water, and go out with a chain saw every other week to clear dead fall. A few years ago they got real cocky with us about recking there trails so we closed some down due to private property, they got the picture then but must have forgotten.

As for bragging, yeah I was but not about pissing them off, it was all about my lap time. I aint looking for anyones approval or disapproval. I just want it to be "our trails"?

Trikeaholic
03-03-2003, 09:39 PM
agree and disagree. As a former sledder, It was a major bummer when someone drove a wheeled vehicle on the trails, especially a big truck, that really tears up the trail. I also cant stand when ATV trails are all rutted up from the 4x4 quads so...................glad I have PRIVATE property to ride on.

Lots_Of_Nothing
03-03-2003, 09:52 PM
dont worry about!!!! you had fun, all the power to ya :D :D :D :D ...besides...a trike makes 3 ruts, so the snowmobilers can choose what ruts to follow :D :D :D

Katapult
03-05-2003, 11:03 AM
Talking about private trails.........

OFSC (ontario federation snomobilers club) trails do not allow trikes/quads on them.

I think you would be hauled off instantly if caught on trail (in the winter :twisted: )

In the summer.......it's all fair game! All the trails are marked. Only trouble is crossing the lakes :!:

PowerTrike
03-05-2003, 11:21 PM
hey I own a vintage sled (and 2 others)....that wasn't nice. j/k yeah i have to agree that when a damn huge quad is tearin' the crap out of a dedicated sled trail it pisses me off. As far as ditches and other trails are concerned i don't really care....I ride my trikes in the winter also.