PDA

View Full Version : My mom's house burned down on the 17th

RichinMO
01-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Talk about a crappy month. My dad dies on the 17th of Dec and now the house burns down on the 17th of January, WTF? What's next? My mom (she's 74) got out with 2nd degree burns on her head and 1st on her arms and back and got out of the hospital yesterday and is living with my brother. Total loss on the house and a large shed/workshop that was connected to it by a covered walkway. Lost 2 cars, a Rotary car hoist, TONS of Snap-on tools, it's a mess. Neighbors were able to kick in the door of the shed and get out my late fathers truck, a golf cart, and my 250R and 350X, plus a welder, and upright tool box. In addition to my mom losing everything, I lost all my stuff from high school, my guns, a brand new set of R903 H-Traks on new Honda wheels, and some misc trike parts, owners manuals, and shop manuals. It bother's me, but in the end, its all just stuff (don't tell my mom that). I'm just glad she got out alive and thank God for good neighbors that took care of her.

On a side note if you don't have an accurate inventory of the stuff in your house (and outer buildings), do it now. We have to do it all from memory. Also get some fire safes to put the really important stuff in. My mom had 2 and they did thier job.

Howdy
01-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Man, that bites!! Glad to hear Mom is alive though. That is the most important thing. My heart goes out for you and your family!
Howdy

ATC crazy
01-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Im very sorry to hear that man. :( Good thing your mom got out alive though! Best of wishes to you, your family, and your mother. ;)

zoomerman
01-21-2006, 08:05 PM
wow that sucks :( at least no one got hurt.

HRC250R
01-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Geez..sorry man. Glad your Mom is OK...I can help you out with a '85-'86 250R shop manual ??? Let me know....

MichiganRedneck
01-23-2006, 10:50 AM
man, i hope things get better for ya. :cry: glad your mom is ok and some trikes were saved.

edog
02-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Sorry to hear that.Just remember those odjects can be replaced not you Mother.I am glad your Mother is safe.

Bigred200
02-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Man just when you think your life sucks someone comes up with worse, our hearts go out to you sorry that really sucks.

max
02-03-2006, 05:02 PM
hope you guys get recompensed fairly from the insurance company.

ScottZJ
02-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Sorry to hear that man. My prayers are with you and your mom and your family. Remeber these things are just worldly goods and can always be replaced but your lives are precious. I pray that your family will be taken care of in this time of need............peace

Infinity Cycle Supply LLC.
02-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Sorry to hear that man. My prayers are with you and your mom and your family. Remeber these things are just worldly goods and can always be replaced but your lives are precious. I pray that your family will be taken care of in this time of need............peace

Well said Scott I feel and will do the same.:(

Better things are to come.. :p

q_r86250
03-31-2006, 10:53 PM
shouldnt have happened, its always the good people that bad things happen to.......... hope things get better, even though i do not know your names, i will pray for you guys.