PDA

View Full Version : 400ex vs. The Wall

YAMAHA_Jim
01-22-2006, 09:44 PM
http://media.putfile.com/Its-not-the-speed-its-the-sudden-stop
56k, grab a snickers

I'm glad this rider got up and walked away from this.I like to watch crashes as much as the next guy but I hate seeing people hit the wall head on like this. Helmet definately came into play here. :) I'd get some footage of me but I dont trust anyone with my dig camera.
When I'm out there,my main goal is to finish the race w/o hurting myself or anyone else. If i get 1st place,thats great too. My health is more important to me right now than a $2 trophy. Here's the one I got last night. :w00t:

Russell 350X
01-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Wow, that looked painfull lol. Hate to be that guy.

Russ

YAMAHA_Jim
01-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Here's a shorter version of the video.Might be a bit more 56k friendly.
And some still pics of the impact; Windows movie maker is sweet! :)

I get chills everytime i see his helmet bounce off the wall and then bounce off the floor.It amazes me how fast he reacted and got the heck outta the way. If it was me,I'd have to lay there for a few seconds and make sure everything was still attatched to my body and in working order.
At Thunderdome, They dont red flag the race unless the rider is hurt(usually not moving) or the track is blocked off from a wreck.ALot of guys crash and then pretend they are hurt just to get a redflag and a restart so they have another chance at winning. WHen there is a red flag and a restart the racers involved start way behind everyone else.You also get sent to the back if you jump the start before the green light comes on.
If i didnt have to race, I could get alot of nice footage that would make some awesome video's.