PDA

View Full Version : Dont you find it ironic?!!!

3Razors
01-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Isnt it crazy how when a person gets a new quad or atc they get rid of all the nice oem stuff and put alot of aftermarket crap on! Then when the bike gets a little older everyone is paying insane amounts of money on ebay to get the oem stuff back?!!!

Go figure.....

Howdy
01-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Soooo true. This is why I don't mod my machines much. I know sooner or later I would put it back to the way it was. lol
Howdy

mike from long island
01-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Isnt it crazy how when a person gets a new quad or atc they get rid of all the nice oem stuff and put alot of aftermarket crap on! Then when the bike gets a little older everyone is paying insane amounts of money on ebay to get the oem stuff back?!!!

Go figure.....

that is a very good point how long did you think about it until you posted your thought? :beer

3Razors
01-24-2006, 07:20 PM
Haha. Ive always thought it. I just didnt know there were other people in the universe that think the same way.

In a way, I want to buy a new 2006 Banshee and keep it in the oem crate untouched! Couple decades later let the bidding madness begin!!

RideRed250R
01-24-2006, 08:13 PM
well i can understand the plastics oem looks BEAUTIFUL>.. but if you go to a black full plastic look then its cool... but the aftermarket red just doesnt match up well... you can see everything is miss matched....
i love my atc... and i have taken it a little further then stock LOL
adam

deathman53
01-24-2006, 08:48 PM
my bikes don't have very much original parts, but also I have no itention of bringing it back to original. ALmost the first thing I do to a new bike(or new to me) is change the suspenion, axle, tires, pipe, sprockets, handlebars, controls, and later on they get motor work. My atc's were almost complete rebuilds and the stock parts if any weren't much good. My atc250r is my most modded bike, almost every part you look at you will see atleast one aftermarket part. the only new bike I bought was in 01, all others were used. My opinion is that a stock bike is no fun, they almost always are too narrow, have horrible tires, bars and suspension and they don't make enough power. This is why I turned down a 100% stock 86 atc250r and a 350x, I can't mod-up a totally stock 20 yr old machine.
Yes, I like how oem plastic looks, but for the type of riding I do(mx and trails) and the price, its not worth it.