PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone put a 200x motor in a quad?

Big D
01-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Has anyone put a 200x motor in a quad? Well we did and the thing is awesome
I had a 86 200x motor that I removed from a gocart thingy That had a 250ex front end and a 200x motor and 200x swing arm. Someone had spent a lot of time thinking it out but they didn’t have the welding or cutting skills needed to assemble it and it really was ugly and not safe. So we cut it up to save the parts.
I had bought a rolling lt230 for parts for our lt230 that is getting the zilla transplant that has been sitting on the back burner for some time now.
My son and I decided to see if the 200x would fit in the lt230 frame so I set it in lined every thing up and fabricated motor mounts and welded them in. This took a little time because I wanted to be able to unbolt the motor to work on it if needed (never ran it). Fabricated a exhaust from a Kawasaki two stroke 80cc dirt bike and a front pipe from a 225dx, We had to push start it because we don’t have a kicker. It popped a few times but we couldn’t get the speed we needed to bump it so I towed it with our polaris up the street and it fired. I let it run for a few minutes and then had to try it, This thing rocked, it would wheelie in third with out trying I didn’t ride it for too long because all I had was front brakes and it must have thrown a chain before we got it oil was leaking out of the case, Thought it was just a seal but no luck on that. Going to have to weld or jb it. The quad has a long way to go (lights plastic, brakes, and ??)
(I think I'm going to keep this one)
I am looking for some rear brake parts for this quad (disk) and rear plastic, can be cracked. Cracked is better than nothing. Lol
Also need a kicker for a 86 200x Have some parts to trade. Pm me if you have parts Thanks Big D