PDA

View Full Version : The Riddle of the Sphinx and 3ww - an uncommon link

Wickedfinger
03-03-2003, 12:57 AM
The Riddle of the Sphinx and 3ww - an uncommon link ...... The Riddle of the Sphinx, as it goes: "What has one voice, and is at first four-footed, then two-footed and finally, three-footed?". The correct answer is "Man". The answer unfolds as follows: Man always has but "one" voice. As baby, man has to at first crawl on all fours to get around, then as it grows and develops, man can use his two legs for mobility, and finally as he ages and grows wiser he must steady himself with a cain - the third leg.
I wonder how many Dinosaur riders of this board are the same as the Sphinx's "Man". At first they got into ATVing by purchasing a quad - a novice or "Baby" - four wheels. Then, after learning the ropes, they decide to get bit by the "Motocross" bug, buy a dirtbike, and pretend they are Jeremy McGrath - two wheels, two legs. Then as they get older, and wiser they decide to explore and own the ultimate in off-roading and basis of this whole web world we have here - the trike - three wheels, three legs ...... Oh, and the one voice - thats easy, just think about it.

als250
03-03-2003, 01:49 AM
No crawlin' here baybee! Never owned a quad. Reared on 2 wheels.(RUPP mini-bike w/ 3 1/2 horse Tecumseh, 7 yrs. old, good times!) On 2 til got my trike 8) 3 yrs. ago!

By the way, what would you be implying??????

I wonder how many Dinosaur riders of this board ...

I happen to like Brontosaurus burgers !! LMFAO

Al

Wickedfinger
03-03-2003, 01:58 AM
Perhaps Dinosaur should have been in quotes - we're all either refered to as that or even more derisively, Death Machine riders, because as you know, those things are dangerous and werent they outlawed, and my aunts, neighbors, sisters, friends, bosses, nieces, pastors, doctors, hairdressers, milkmans, mechanics, dads , brother was killed on one, and my favorite - "those things are illegal".

als250
03-03-2003, 02:31 AM
O.k., now I got ya ! Yeah, I took it out of context. No offense taken (either way),hell,my own kids think I'm "older than dirt"! :D ---still LMFAO

Al

Honda300ex
03-03-2003, 09:36 AM
I had one of those Rupp mini bikes too, Sold it to a kid here in town he didn't know how to start it so it sits in his back yard. I need to take it back ;)

Tri-Z_Jim
03-03-2003, 10:29 AM
Hmmm. I started on 2 wheels then went to 3 ,then 4.Now I'm stuck between 3 and 4.One day I will be back on 2.
Tejas,We evolved into ending up on 4 wheels after 3 legs. :) I'm gonna have the baddest wheel chair in the nursing home.

Kilborg
03-03-2003, 08:20 PM
started on 3, then 2, and a quad was in there somewhere along the line quickly replaced by more trikes.

ATCRYDER
03-03-2003, 08:53 PM
Im completely lost here........

---

Ill go witht he flow on whatever the hecks goin on:

Started on 2 (CT70!)...went to 4....went to 3......and Now Im with anything I can be. :o

Billy Golightly
03-04-2003, 12:16 AM
Always on 3 until my TRX, which was my first quad. And now onto dirtbikes a bit (KDX200). The TRX is the only quad I'll ever own for my personal use.