PDA

View Full Version : I almost got myself and my best friend killed the other day

eh_tee_see
01-28-2006, 04:28 AM
It was christmas eve, and my 8 month old Australian Shepherd mutt had died the night before. I rescued him back in september from the (degrading adjective) natives of levelock (a little native town of 40 or so people) who were going to shoot him. He was my best little bud and it really sucks to not have him around. It took me two days to bury the little guy because the ground was frozen and I had to dig a hole with an axe. So for one full day he just sat wrapped up in his blanket in the back of the shop until I finally buried him on christmas day. So anyways its christmas eve and im pretty distraught and a couple of my buddies came over and we went for a ride to blow off steam. Anyways, where I live its a small town.... small small town, 66 in my town, and then another 500 across the naknek river where most my friends live. But thats only accessible by plane. Anyways so Im driving and in this small town theres a road (not paved, no paved roads in south naknek, only in naknek) that crosses the airport runway. So I'm driving and Usually I am very careful about driving across the runway but this time i just gave it a quick glance each direction and didnt seem to notice a blue plane emblazened against the sky so i drove right across that runway at 50mph+ and found myself about 30 feet in front of a departing airplane. I then looked back and my best bud was on my 350 and went about 8 feet behind the airplane which he also didnt see. I knew I gave that pilot about the worst scare he had in a long time. And it made me look like an idiot and I am the most cautious and well respected kid in south naknek. I dont have any competition however the other 6 kids are total losers- low grades, lots of government benefits, 200+ pounds of excess body fat, criminal records. This is just south naknek however Nakneks a bit different. I actually live in a very different place and If anybody ever wants to talk about how strange this place is my email adress is wutitis_101@hotmail.com. Well anyhow me and my friend escaped with our lives and more importantly our 350s but makes ya wonder what would have happened if we would have spent 4 more or 4 less seconds getting ready to go? Thats my story. And heres a picture of my pup Cessna (cess, cessnerto, cethnarto)

xman23
01-28-2006, 01:53 PM
holy crap that had to be a rush