PDA

View Full Version : Anyone read the pro-ATV article in PLAYBOY this month?

Wickedfinger
03-03-2003, 10:14 PM
... it's under the "forums" section and written by a guy James Paterson. Basically it brings to light the "false" information and blown up facts that the various anti-ATV groups use in their attack on all things ATV. The most angering part of the article is how he exposes the fact that these groups despicably use the image of "Dead Childeren" to try and furthur their cause. He has a great line that says "save the childeren is a lazy and dishonest way to make your cause.". I can't agree with him more.

YTZ250N
03-03-2003, 10:23 PM
How in the world did I miss that ARTICLE?????....... Wait maybe it was because..........

J.D.
03-03-2003, 10:23 PM
Nah I wish I did, but I do not receive the Playboy magazine.

ATCRYDER
03-03-2003, 10:58 PM
Tejas....Im worried, bro....youre actually -reading- playboy. :D

J.D.
03-03-2003, 10:59 PM
Good point. Who reads a Playboy? aye aye aye!!!!

Jeb
03-04-2003, 01:06 PM
well, i'd sure like to read it. Too bad it wasn't in Time Magazine or some other more readily available and accepted publication, just to give it a little more credibility.

Tejas, can you scan and post it?

Not to change the subject, but on kind of a similar note, I read an article the other day of the latest PETA add campaign. The silly bastids are calling it the "holocost on your plate". They show rows of jews in the concentrations camps on one side of the posters, and rows of chickens and other animals in cages, on farms, and in slaughter house pens on the other side of the poster. In other words, they are saying we treat animals the same way hitler treated the jews and it's unacceptable and morally wrong for us to treat animals this way. How they can compare this i don't understand it. The jews were human beings, not animals. It's totally disgusting and pissed me off and I'm not Jewish and I have absolutely no connections to the holocost. The artcle said it has angered allot of Jews because PETA is basically trivializing the holocost. I don't blame the Jews for being upset and I hope they totally destroy PETA in court if that's what it takes. This PETA campaign is right up there with using of dead children against ATVs or any kind of exploitation of tragedy to further a cause. To me it's just not right.

I guess I'm the worlds worst parent and person. I eat animals, ride death-trap ATVs, own guns, support our president and military, can read above a tenth grade level, believe in God and am bringing my children up the same way.

:-D

J.D.
03-04-2003, 05:49 PM
I hope the jews destroy the PETA too. Those jews are pretty powerful people.

Wickedfinger
03-04-2003, 07:03 PM
... Jeb, I wouldnt call PLAYBOY non-credable?. Some of the worlds most celebrated, respected, and somtimes sinister public figures have both written for and been interviewed by this American Icon. I would scan it in for all to read but I'm pretty sure I'd be breaking a dozen copyright laws if I did so.

J.D.
03-04-2003, 08:33 PM
Wickedfinger, here's what you do. Post the pictures up, and in it put "These articles/pictures are the property of their respected owners. I take absolutely no responsibility, or credit for the content." they can't do anything to you if you put that up, besides, what are the odds of some playboy exec or something coming on here? They're too busy partying 24/7 to play with 3 wheelers and especially 3 wheeler websites!