PDA

View Full Version : 350x fenders on ebay seem fishy

denn
01-31-2006, 10:20 AM
Hey guys, was wondering if maybe you guys could help me out. Those 350x fenders that are on ebay now just don't seem right. Some of you know that I am in IRAQ right now and because of this its hard to get on ebay cause everything is blocked through there service here. Anyway, I bid on that last set of fenders that went for $700 and lost. Now my wife was looking on ebay and told me there was another set on there which are just as nice as those. I told her to bid on them. Well she did and now I got a chance to go on ebay and take a look at them and they don't seem right. I am pretty sure that the guy who is selling these is the same guy who sold the last ones. Also if you notice that this person also bid on the last set. I think as a shill. Plus it looks like ther is a few people connected in this. Why the hell would he want to bid on 350x fenders if he alrealdy has a nice set. Also there is no feedback left for those last set of fenders that sold. I think it is a big shill bidding scam. I am the current high bidder on this set and I am probally going to be outbid since there is 5 days left. I was wondering if someone here could check on this. You guys seem to be pretty sharp with this stuff and I would need some time to check on it but I might not be able to get on ebay for the next few days. I would ask my wife but shes not to up to speed with all that stuff. I can't post the links cause I can't get on ebay now but the auction links are posted in this forum a few posts away. Any help would be greatly apperciated. If this is a scam I am going to be pretty pissed. These people have to stop this they really messing up ebay.

Thanks again, Denn

Howdy
01-31-2006, 10:35 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4608885444

I see the one bidder has "sold" at least 3 auction to the seller of these fenders. Hmmmm
Howdy

danteross77
01-31-2006, 11:07 AM
Dude, don't bid until the last minute. You will run the risk of the seller ending the auction early, but especially if you suspect a shill bidding scam. They cannot shill bid unless some one bids. What I usually do bid once, low so The seller cannot end the auction early, if you become outbid, contact the seller and ask a silly question related to the product and say the reason you need to know is because you want to know how much more you can afford to bid. then ask for more pictures, etc. until the closer to the end of the auction, if it is still in your price range make your final bid at the end. Doesn't work all the time, but I really don't understand why some one would shill bid an item so high and not sell them, makes no sense, you are charged a % of each sell when the auction is over, no matter if you complete the transaction or not, and it is not cheap.

Bigred200
01-31-2006, 12:24 PM
And shipping seems to be alittle high I have sold 3 sets of fenders on ebay and never has been more then $40 shipped from NY to CA so thats high.

dreadhed
01-31-2006, 05:23 PM
I see the one bidder has "sold" at least 3 auction to the seller of these fenders. Hmmmm
Howdy
Looks kinda wierd. Also after looking at more of some of the peoples profile it seems even more wierd. There is one other person who is buying what they are seling. Some one I just bought from & have had nothing but problems with them. I may put up a post about the person yet too so people can be warned. I don't think it is some one here, but it's hard to say.