PDA

View Full Version : do you ever cancel 0 feedback bidders on ebay?

mikey's250sx
01-31-2006, 08:25 PM
i have a high bidder on my big red on ebay with 0 feedback. i have tried to contact him twice with my e-mail address and phone # but he has not contacted me in return to show me he is serious in bidding or paying for it.

should i cancel his bid so i don't get screwed or is that just wrong?

i know everyone started at 0 feedback but i would have hoped for some communication. if he is a deadbeat all it will do is cost me money. then if i leave him negative feedback he can do the same for me just to be spiteful and damage my ratings.

x.system
01-31-2006, 10:25 PM
I did this a couple weeks ago with an expensive part, the guy had a -1 feedback. I read his feedback and found it was left by someone I know so I imediatly canceled him. I felt bad for doing it but have had to many bad experiences with low feedback buyers. Its not worth the risk any more. I just put feedback to low in the explanation.

0 feedback is a little different but he should at least reply to your emails. Be careful with low feedback buyers, they are new to ebay and sometimes expect way to much, others can be the very best, you just never know, its a coin toss.

dreadhed
01-31-2006, 10:30 PM
I have not done it in the past but on the rest of my auctions that is some thing I will do. Every time put stuff up there is atleast 2 people that have to go & not pay. It's usually some on with 0 or low feedback too. If he will not get back to you I would cancle him. On the my auctions from now of I will have people with less then 10+ feedback get ahold of me first or I will cancel them. Don't feel bad it's not worth the risk.

danteross77
02-01-2006, 08:56 AM
i have a high bidder on my big red on ebay with 0 feedback. i have tried to contact him twice with my e-mail address and phone # but he has not contacted me in return to show me he is serious in bidding or paying for it.

should i cancel his bid so i don't get screwed or is that just wrong?

i know everyone started at 0 feedback but i would have hoped for some communication. if he is a deadbeat all it will do is cost me money. then if i leave him negative feedback he can do the same for me just to be spiteful and damage my ratings.

Well here is what I do, if it is early in the auction, let it ride, if it get toward the end and he is still the high bidder cancel. You never know someone might be willing to out bid him anyway. If he wins and doesn't pay file a claim, get your final value fee refunded, add him to you blocked relist and start over again, unless you are hard up for cash and cannot wait.

ScottZJ
02-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Well I used to leave them on there esp if they havent hit reserve but I found out the hard way that it ends up burning you. So from now on I email them once and if no response, then their bid is gone. When you cancel it you can give a nice long reason. If they understand and still want it they WILL contact you. But dont get burned by these "new" bidders or zero feedback.............peace

mikey's250sx
02-01-2006, 09:19 AM
i ended up cancelling it. it was over the reserve and i gave him until 20 minutes left in the auction in case he might have been at work or away but i figured he would be back by the end time of the auction. never heard anything from him before or after the auction. i didn't know that ebay would give you the listing fee back if the highbidder deadbeats and you want to re-list. i thought once you list it you pay for the listing no matter what.

now on my r i have a high bidder again with 0 feedback and he hasn't hit the reserve. he has been a member since jan of 05 and has no feedback and 1 bid retraction in the last 5 months too. he is also in canada and i am in pa. so i e-mailed him and gave him 4 days to contact me. the r is listed in vehicles and already cost 38 bucks just to list it not even counting the final value fee when it goes over the reserve.

ebay used to be more of a class act it seems. nowadays it seems like there is more shill bidding and deadbeats than ever and it almost seems like it is not worth using for all the headaches.

selling seems to suck. buying seems to still be fine most of the time.
doesn't make sense to me.

ScottZJ
02-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Yes I have to agree with you. Almost every trike I have put on ebay I have had to list it twice to get a "real" buyer. Its ridiculious what you have to go thru. And they call themselves taking care of issues like this. I have said it before, but they need to charge like a membership fee to log into ebay for each account. I understand this would cost the users money but I feel this would eliminate all the bogus stuff that goes on.

phreakboy
02-01-2006, 11:02 AM
i ended up cancelling it. it was over the reserve and i gave him until 20 minutes left in the auction in case he might have been at work or away but i figured he would be back by the end time of the auction. never heard anything from him before or after the auction. i didn't know that ebay would give you the listing fee back if the highbidder deadbeats and you want to re-list. i thought once you list it you pay for the listing no matter what.

now on my r i have a high bidder again with 0 feedback and he hasn't hit the reserve. he has been a member since jan of 05 and has no feedback and 1 bid retraction in the last 5 months too. he is also in canada and i am in pa. so i e-mailed him and gave him 4 days to contact me. the r is listed in vehicles and already cost 38 bucks just to list it not even counting the final value fee when it goes over the reserve.

ebay used to be more of a class act it seems. nowadays it seems like there is more shill bidding and deadbeats than ever and it almost seems like it is not worth using for all the headaches.

selling seems to suck. buying seems to still be fine most of the time.
doesn't make sense to me.

Yes if you go to this link you can file for an unpaid item and then the buyer has a certain amount of time to respond and then you get credited back, I think that you should be able to get your listing fees back too but of course thats not the case but you do get the final value fee back.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewDisputeConsole&DisputeType=1

mikey's250sx
02-01-2006, 11:15 AM
thanks.
i have to wait until feb 7th to file.

since i cancelled the top bidder who was only 10 dollars more than #2 i am now doublly screwed.

the guy who was outbid bought another one already and won't pay now.
tecnically i can file a non paying bidder for him because he was the high bidder at the end of the auction but i understand his position too. once i am outbid if i don't want to spend more cash i move on too.

so the end of the story is i still have my red. - oh well - it could be worse. i could have nothing!