PDA

View Full Version : need ebay advice

xd 200x
02-01-2006, 03:52 AM
I hope it's ok to post this in here. Im not shure it has to do with ebay so I dont know if It's worng please move.
Looks like im going to have to sell the westcoast swingarm I have. I really dont want to but I need to finish my 200x soon. Here is my question Im not listing it under my name because I have 3 feed back. My friend is listing it under his. What kind of a reserve should I put on it cause I dont want to get hosed but I want to be realaistic. What do you guys think. I really dont know because I have never seen one sold on ebay or at all. I know that they are rare, but how rare? Just as referance I recived offers on this site between 300.00-555.00 and I wasnt even selling it. I just posted a pic. Is it ok if I make it approved bidders only, Or does this make the auction shady? Would this stop the sniper programs? ( I hate those things). I really just want this to go smooth and not be a pain in the butt. Have you guys ever delt with world wide shipping? Is it worth it to make the shipping world wide or is it a pain? Just alot of questions sorry if this is the wrong forum. again any sugestions would be helpfull at this point.

danteross77
02-01-2006, 08:49 AM
I hope it's ok to post this in here. Im not shure it has to do with ebay so I dont know if It's worng please move.
Looks like im going to have to sell the westcoast swingarm I have. I really dont want to but I need to finish my 200x soon. Here is my question Im not listing it under my name because I have 3 feed back. My friend is listing it under his. What kind of a reserve should I put on it cause I dont want to get hosed but I want to be realaistic. What do you guys think. I really dont know because I have never seen one sold on ebay or at all. I know that they are rare, but how rare? Just as referance I recived offers on this site between 300.00-555.00 and I wasnt even selling it. I just posted a pic. Is it ok if I make it approved bidders only, Or does this make the auction shady? Would this stop the sniper programs? ( I hate those things). I really just want this to go smooth and not be a pain in the butt. Have you guys ever delt with world wide shipping? Is it worth it to make the shipping world wide or is it a pain? Just alot of questions sorry if this is the wrong forum. again any sugestions would be helpfull at this point.

Funny thing about ebay is the things you think will do well usually do like crap and the things you think no one wants sell for more than you imagined, If you that worried about it, Because I look at Ebay as a Gamble, Sometimes you come up ahead sometimes you lose your ass.Anyway if you are that concerned fiqure out what you want for it and take a picture and post it in the classifyed section.

willcamach
02-01-2006, 05:10 PM
what year and what trike is this swingarm for??? where's the pic

ATCWRENCH
02-01-2006, 05:56 PM
the best way i would evaluate it is this. How much did you pay for it? what was the cost to have done what needed to be done ie. bearings, painting/powder coating, welding, sliders? I would add all that up and set your reserve close to that.

xd 200x
02-01-2006, 06:29 PM
it's for an 83-85. and thanks atcwrench That is a good way to do it i'll do it that way.

ATCT
02-01-2006, 06:36 PM
I would start the auction at 9.99 and then put a reserve on it. Make the reserve what you put into it/paid for it with a little extra to cover eBay/Paypal fees. Generally, when the starting price is low, people will bid it up to see what the reserve might be. If it doesn't sell, at least you'll have an idea what people are willing to pay for it. At this point, just relist it at 9.99 and let it fly. Contact the old bidders that you've relisted it with no reserve. From my experience, when there is no reserve, people tend to keep on bidding until they've won, cause they know that they'll get it eventually. These are the auctions that tend to get out of hand ($800 for NOS 350X fenders, etc).

Thems my two cents.