PDA

View Full Version : Return Of The Golden Grips!!

Infinity Cycle Supply LLC.
02-01-2006, 12:41 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-ATV-ATC-New-Original-OEM-Grips-250r-350x-200x_W0QQitemZ4608246324QQcategoryZ43977QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

Meat-BoX
02-01-2006, 01:02 PM
This sux, it seems that Trike Parts are Definatly up in cost and we may be screwed from now on, looking for parts at a Reasonable Price. Its the Begining of the End for Trikes. And if your poor your screwed I guess. Im screwed.:wondering

Louis Mielke
02-01-2006, 06:30 PM
What is everyones problem? Yes parts are getting expensive if you're trying to do a 100pt restore but if you're just keeping your rider going. NO FREAKIN BIG DEAL! The name of the game. RETROFIT! Thats right folks, with a little modification, brand new quad parts work very well on the trikes, between retrofiting and the aftermarket your trikes can still live forever!. No big, just takes a little more effort.

In reality the only thing really against us is the aftermarket plastic. Without fenders we're gonna be ridding some ugly trikes. I believe though that there's still enough demand that maier should keep producing trike plastic for some time to come.

nouseforaname90
02-01-2006, 07:06 PM
I think that with us trike people hordeing most of the parts and trikes, and selling them to other trike owners, that we have enough to keep trikes around for years to come.
My dad has 2 very nice Big Reds, my grandpa has a 185S that he bought from us and restored, and I have a "renewed" 250SX, and a soon-to-be half-restored (I'm going with the original colors and all, just not all the original parts like the grips and handlebars) 350X. So in my family alone, there are 5 trikes and miscellaneous parts being witheld from the non-triker public. We also buy most of the trikes in our area that we can get our grimy little hands on, and then sell them to people that we KNOW will take care of them, not abuse them.
I don't feel that it is the "Beginning of the End" for trikes like you said.. I think that if all us triker people stick together, we can keep our babies alive for a long time! :)

ATCT
02-01-2006, 07:09 PM
The thing is, unless they've changed the grip pattern, as far as I know, you can still get these new OEM from Service Honda, BikeBandit, or probably any Honda dealer. I think the grips are about $11 ea, and then the end parts run about another $10 or so. I'm pretty sure you can get the whole set-up for $35 or so.

At least I think this is what Adam is getting at by posting the link.

02-01-2006, 07:13 PM
IF I HAVE TO SAY THIS AGAIN I AM GONNA PUKE, YOU GUYS GOT ME AND MY PRICES TO YOU ARE WELL UNDER WHAT YOU PAY AT A DEALER AND IN MOST CASES LOWER THAN SERVICE HONDA SO DON'T GET ALL UPSET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATCT
02-01-2006, 07:23 PM
IF I HAVE TO SAY THIS AGAIN I AM GONNA PUKE, YOU GUYS GOT ME AND MY PRICES TO YOU ARE WELL UNDER WHAT YOU PAY AT A DEALER AND IN MOST CASES LOWER THAN SERVICE HONDA SO DON'T GET ALL UPSET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not really sure what you are talking about. This wasn't my point.

02-01-2006, 07:39 PM
You guys are talking that the prices are now so inflated you can still go buy grips fenders etc for most things and as i keep saying I will sell them to you guys well below what you can get them anywhere else , I just posted this for a laugh

ATCT
02-01-2006, 07:55 PM
You guys are talking that the prices are now so inflated you can still go buy grips fenders etc for most things and as i keep saying I will sell them to you guys well below what you can get them anywhere else , I just posted this for a laugh
I wasn't saying that prices are outageous. I was saying that you, in fact, did post it for a laugh.

02-01-2006, 08:32 PM
I was LOl sorry!!! I think if I rememer correctly that I listed the grips for 7.50 a peice actually. I made a small price guide that I qould be willing to sell the board parts for in the classifieds section.

xd 200x
02-01-2006, 09:22 PM
I need fenders for a 85 200x so find them already. If your the guy that can get stuff get them.

dreadhed
02-01-2006, 09:42 PM
I can't belive some one was dumb enough to pay that much when you can still buy them from any dealer.

Darius1502
02-02-2006, 04:17 AM
Nuts...

ebay has gone nuts...