PDA

View Full Version : 90cc quad cant get it started

shawn3169
02-04-2006, 04:31 PM
i just got a quad that had been in a fire everything seems to be fine except the plastics and everything that was mounted on the handle bar's so i got my way around that charged the battery got it turning over and has spark which is where i get stuck and cant figure it out its seems to be getting gas because when you pull the plug its a little wet even if i spray starter fluid in it, it wont even try which if its getting spark i dont understand any thoughts?

Big D
02-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Hi can you tell us what kind of quad it is that you have?? 90cc?? Someone might be able to help if they know what it is. jmo

shawn3169
02-07-2006, 11:08 PM
its a take off of a honda trx copy im guessing thats what it looks most like any help would be appreciated i cant seem to figure out the problem

Big D
02-08-2006, 11:57 AM
I would try a new plug and have you tried to push start it? some times if the valve adjustments are not up to snuff or loaded with carbon your starter wont spin it fast enough. ( being a knock off 90 it most likely has a throttle limiter on it and not ridden fast enough to keep it from loading up with carbon )That is if it's able to be pushed. Don't want to lead you in wrong direction but thats what we use to do with one of the kids yamaha 80cc moto 4. In fact we still do that when we have company over that wants to ride it. Once it starts it will start with the starter for the rest of the day. Maybe you can have a freind pull you with there quad. If the plug is good and you have spark, compression and fuel it should fire. jmo

shawn3169
02-08-2006, 01:58 PM
yea its an auto so pushing it cant be done i sprayed starting fluid into it and nothing so i cant figure it out the only other thing i can think off is the sparks getting grounded out or something