PDA

View Full Version : 81/82 honda 250r westcoast swinger

ScottZJ
02-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Westcost swinger on ebay. Now there are 2....one for X and one for R.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Westcoast-Swingarm-axle-81-82-atc-250r-Rare-Aftermarket_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43974QQitem Z4610647572QQrdZ1

350x'inNY
02-05-2006, 12:36 AM
Westcost swinger on ebay. Now there are 2....one for X and one for R.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Westcoast-Swingarm-axle-81-82-atc-250r-Rare-Aftermarket_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43974QQitem Z4610647572QQrdZ1

Hmmmm.... interesting..... :wondering

82300R
02-05-2006, 12:37 AM
looks to be for an 82 by the brake mount tab.81 an 82 had different brake mounts. unless theres something you cant see in pic that allows for the drum to mount.

350x'inNY
02-05-2006, 12:43 AM
looks to be for an 82 by the brake mount tab.81 an 82 had different brake mounts. unless theres something you cant see in pic that allows for the drum to mount.

Think it was made to work on either..... If you look at the pics, the rear end that's currently in the swinger has the 81R drum brakes attached.

200xman
02-05-2006, 12:47 AM
I have that same swingarm and it is made to work with both the 81-82 brake setups. It should also have various shock mounting positions.

BLAZERONE22
02-05-2006, 02:14 AM
Yeah that one looks like mine I have on my 82, pretty nice find.

http://images.snapfish.com/345%3C3556%3A%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2324%3D589%3D656%3DXRO QDF%3E2323595734397ot1lsi

mike from long island
02-05-2006, 09:53 AM
damn i found it this morning then i go an check here. there it is all posted up for the world to see!!!!!!!!! thanks scott!!! guess ill be paying outta my butt for this one. well have to see. i have that +3 Dico swinger for my 82 already but wouldnt mind having a west coast instead. hopefully bruce doesnt want it. if not i might have a chance :D

350x'inNY
02-05-2006, 01:15 PM
damn i found it this morning then i go an check here. there it is all posted up for the world to see!!!!!!!!! thanks scott!!! guess ill be paying outta my butt for this one. well have to see. i have that +3 Dico swinger for my 82 already but wouldnt mind having a west coast instead. hopefully bruce doesnt want it. if not i might have a chance :D

Well... you know I want it... been looking for awhile! I can't imagine putting in the 300R motor without a longer swinger!

Bruce

82300R
02-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Well... you know I want it... been looking for awhile! I can't imagine putting in the 300R motor without a longer swinger!

Bruce
would probably be a good improvement over the short 81,82 swinger. i know my 82 with the 300 top end wheelies almost effortlessly. fun but scary sometimes. i'll have to pass on this one. blew my extra cash on that 185. maybe next time. go for it ,it's only money.:naughty:

mike from long island
02-05-2006, 04:44 PM

Bruce

well you have to ask yourself...... how deep are your pockets??????

ScottZJ
02-05-2006, 06:21 PM
well you have to ask yourself...... how deep are your pockets??????

Thats what Im talking about! I love bid wars like this, as long as Im not part of them! HAHA Good luck fellas.:lol:

erectordale
02-05-2006, 10:10 PM
that would look great on mine 81 and still have a spare axle

mike from long island
02-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Thats what Im talking about! I love bid wars like this, as long as Im not part of them! HAHA Good luck fellas.:lol:

i hate bidding against other members. but when i want something i will try and win. it is only money and i can always make more. i missed a works rear shock for my 82 250r because i forgot about it and have hated myself since. so this swinger will be top priority.

82300R
02-05-2006, 11:16 PM
i hate bidding against other members. but when i want something i will try and win. it is only money and i can always make more. i missed a works rear shock for my 82 250r because i forgot about it and have hated myself since. so this swinger will be top priority.
good luck,hope it don't get ran up by some jacka**. did you ever score a seat for that 250r project?:)

mike from long island
02-05-2006, 11:20 PM
good luck,hope it don't get ran up by some jacka**. did you ever score a seat for that 250r project?:)

nope!!! i have another member who has one but i am still in the owrks about it. otherwise i may have to bite the bullet and bid big $$$ on ebay to get one. i have so many sweet parts for the 82 it may just be worth it to buy the expensive seat. otherwise i am going to part it back out again last resort though

350x'inNY
02-06-2006, 12:10 AM
nope!!! i have another member who has one but i am still in the owrks about it. otherwise i may have to bite the bullet and bid big $$$ on ebay to get one. i have so many sweet parts for the 82 it may just be worth it to buy the expensive seat. otherwise i am going to part it back out again last resort though

There you go... buy another aftermarket swinger, then part it out. :crazy:

This whole auction makes me sick.... long story... Have fun in the bidding... I'm out.

Bruce

PS - I could always trade you a seat for it Mike if you win it.:(

mike from long island
02-06-2006, 08:54 PM
well bruce if i win the auction i was going to see if you wanted the Dico swinger i have. then you can match those rear tires you have. but if your fed up with everything i dont want to hand you a loaded gun!!! you might shoot me first then yourself!! :mad: :mad: and i wouldnt like that. it might HURT!!! anyways you have the market cornered on 250r parts so its my turn now.

as for a seat,it better come with some special request!!! :banned: :rolleyes:

willcamach
02-06-2006, 11:21 PM
and when youre done calling him you can call email me for the otherside of the story.

ScottZJ
02-07-2006, 07:56 AM
Please.... don't even start! :rolleyes:

I guess I have been out of the loop for quite sometime cuz I am confused :confused: . Thought we were all buddies? :wondering
Its all good with love and war.;)

willcamach
02-07-2006, 11:53 AM
i have no beefs or "laundry" or hard feelings just offering my side of the story.
not sure why 350x has a problem with that but im not losing any sleep over it.

BLAZERONE22
02-07-2006, 01:31 PM
That axle looks like a durablue, I wonder how long it is.

willcamach
02-07-2006, 02:30 PM
if you want i can measure it.

mike from long island
02-07-2006, 08:48 PM
all i want is a westcoast swinger for my 82 250r.if something happened,it happened. my money is green.and if you are willing to work with me,you can get some. i am not rich but will offer what i can. if it works out for us both,great, if not no hard feelings. hopefully i can work this out and find i have a westcoast in the mail going to good use. thanks to all, and sorry to all . mike

mike from long island
02-12-2006, 06:01 PM
and when youre done calling him you can call email me for the otherside of the story.
`

well i guess your not a man of your word. so what ever story you have,i am going to believe 350xnNY. we had a deal and you never made good. too bad about that. but hey i am not going to lose any sleep. thats for sure.

350x'inNY
02-12-2006, 06:16 PM
`

well i guess your not a man of your word. so what ever story you have,i am going to believe 350xnNY. we had a deal and you never made good. too bad about that. but hey i am not going to lose any sleep. thats for sure.

The almighty $$$ won out again I see..... :( See it wasn't just me he offered it up to 2X and then changed his mind.

mike from long island
02-12-2006, 06:33 PM
what can ya do??? we will just have to keep on keepin on!!!

350x'inNY
02-12-2006, 07:00 PM
what can ya do??? we will just have to keep on keepin on!!!

Yep unfortunately.... However, I did ask 200xbasket to scan the Dico off his swinger, hoping you'd sealed the deal on this Westcoast. Guess you'll still need the Dico then.... :( ... then again, you still don't have a seat!

mike from long island
02-12-2006, 07:09 PM
i guess you missed the seat i just bought off ebay. it had a buy it now of $25 bucks!!!!!!!! i almost fell outta my chair!!! i bought the seat,frame and complete axle assembly. all for $90 bucks plus shipping still. i havent recieved it yet,let alone pay for it lol just waiting for a shipping quote. but ya i guess ill have to keep the Dico. sorry about that. i was all set to sell her up to ya too. had to make amends for all the bad dealings you have had lately. wanted to make buying fun again. but i turns out,i am burned too!!!! check my history about the seat i am going to email him again about shipping later mike

willcamach
02-12-2006, 10:15 PM
first off mike from long island you offerd me $300 to end the auction early and i replied to you that i would do it for $350.00 and you never replied so i figured you either 1.were not intrested or 2.would take your chances bidding on it. i had no idea you were expecting me to stalk you to buy my item. and as for 350x in ny i told you i had the swing arm and you my firend offered me $120.00 for it i never accepted or denied it i just told you i would prefer to let the auction go through. now i dont think i have to tell you why i did not jump on your low ball offer. the ending price of the auction should speak for itself. and mike before you go being all buddy buddy with 350x you should maybe read this
:
Oops... it sent before I could type! This is one of the pm's from back in the end of Aug/September. I can't find the earliest ones, but this was the last one before you told me the guy wouldn't give it back to you. Man.... I know mike from LI has a bid on it now. :cry: However, I think he'd understand if you ended it early because you forgot you had promised it to me awhile back but forgot my ID. I also have other parts I can help you with in the trade. What trikes do you have?

Bruce

[QUOTE=350x'inNY][QUOTE=willcamach]hey i managed to get you a pic of the swingarm ....But the guy doesnt really want to part with it now. either way sorry i kept ya hanging :( ps: hes gonna do some work on my 250r so i will bring it up again to him and see if he changes his tune.

Dang it... that sucks! What's he going to do with it? Tell him it'll just collect dust and give him $120 for it!

Now were is it that i offerd to sell it to him for $120.00????? he made the offer i blew him off and he tried to tell me that you wouldnt mind if i ended the auction that you were winning at the time!!! but hey i could give a rats arse over who got the swingarm.. in end the item sold i got paid and you two guys are still crying foul to each other saying i led you on and made offers to everyone then backed out. mean while you two were attempting to snake each other out of the swingarm LMAO :crazy:

willcamach
02-12-2006, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE=mike from long island]all i want is a westcoast swinger for my 82 250r.if something happened,it happened. my money is green.and if you are willing to work with me,you can get some. i am not rich but will offer what i can. if it works out for us both,great, if not no hard feelings.

what happend change of heart????? first there are no hard feelings .... then afterwards im not a man of my words, and we had a deal snd i never made good.....can you please tell me what deal we had??????

mike from long island
02-12-2006, 10:24 PM
whatever you say it was your item to sell. i still have my money,you sold and got paid. i am not going to lose any sleep over it. i know what happened. you know what you did and thats that. i do not really care. this is over in my eyes.

xd 200x
02-12-2006, 10:26 PM
makes me glad I have a 200x. There is way too much drama in the 250r world.

mike from long island
02-12-2006, 10:26 PM
[QUOTE=mike from long island]all i want is a westcoast swinger for my 82 250r.if something happened,it happened. my money is green.and if you are willing to work with me,you can get some. i am not rich but will offer what i can. if it works out for us both,great, if not no hard feelings.

what happend change of heart????? first there are no hard feelings .... then afterwards im not a man of my words, and we had a deal snd i never made good.....can you please tell me what deal we had??????

if you need proof that i was interested i have the email in my send box, which states you wanted $325. i asked how you wanted to be paid. it must have gotten lost in cyber space on its way to you. o well win some lose some

willcamach
02-12-2006, 10:43 PM
for the record i never recieved your email on how to pay me im sorry it didnt work out but after i didnt hear from you i let the auction role. i would have been more than happy yo sell it to you for that much.. i really did not expect it to go as high as it did although i can only be happy that it did. as for 350x i did offer to sell it to him but when he came back offering $120.00 i just blew it off knowing i could get more for it and if i didnt oh well. im not looking to turn this into a soap opera or drag it out just stating my side of the story.. no hard feelings on my part i just want to be part of the triking community and make good friends thats all i ask.

BLAZERONE22
02-12-2006, 10:48 PM
I still love you Will :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Those guys have to many goodies anyway...:TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn

mike from long island
02-12-2006, 10:49 PM
I still love you Will :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Those guys have to many goodies anyway...:TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn

you can never have too many goodies lol :beer

willcamach
02-12-2006, 10:56 PM
lol blazer im just a newbie that had one rare part. that i couldnt use and put it up for sale hoping to make a little cash to respend on my trike. end of story.

82300R
02-12-2006, 11:02 PM
if they just would have never came out with that damm quadrunner , maybe we would not all be in this predicament!:) :beer

BLAZERONE22
02-12-2006, 11:10 PM
I don't think there was one person watching this thread thinking that swingarm would go that high, heck I'm thinking about pifering the one off my daughters 82R now. lol she better run out there and use some red loctite on her nuts and bolts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

willcamach
02-12-2006, 11:29 PM
if they just would have never came out with that damm quadrunner , maybe we would not all be in this predicament!:) :beer

or if i had 3 swingarms to sell. lol :beer

350x'inNY
02-13-2006, 08:22 AM
for the record i never recieved your email on how to pay me im sorry it didnt work out but after i didnt hear from you i let the auction role. i would have been more than happy yo sell it to you for that much.. i really did not expect it to go as high as it did although i can only be happy that it did. as for 350x i did offer to sell it to him but when he came back offering $120.00 i just blew it off knowing i could get more for it and if i didnt oh well. im not looking to turn this into a soap opera or drag it out just stating my side of the story.. no hard feelings on my part i just want to be part of the triking community and make good friends thats all i ask.

Well, considering you told me I could have it for $75 back in August/September and then told me the guy at the shop didn't want to sell it back, I then told you to offer him $120. I only through that out there cause THAT is what you agreed to months ago. The way you pm'd me last week, it sounded like to me that you were going to styand on your original offer. "OOh... I forgot who I had offered it too... deleted all the pm's, etc... " I even forwarded you the pm from back in September.

mike from long island
02-13-2006, 08:53 AM
blah blah blah blah blah

i am getting tired of all the crying!!!! even my own. no matter what happens now let just let it go already. :welcome: :beer :welcome:

88 Turbo Coupe
02-17-2006, 08:18 PM
That axle looks like a durablue, I wonder how long it is.

Yep, that is a Durablue!!