PDA

View Full Version : Got approved for a 2003 blaster! What are some mods?

JourneyMan
03-04-2003, 10:26 PM
What are some mods that I can do to a 2003 Yamaha blaster that will improve the power. Things like what is the best exhaust and muffler?, Air filter, things like that.

Tri-Z_Jim
03-04-2003, 11:03 PM
first thing to do is buy an oil injection blk off kit $30. and mix the gas,I'm using Maxima Castor927 or Super M in my blaster 40-1.
Check out www.trengaracing.com for anything and everything blaster.They have lots of good info and tips on thier site for upgrading blasters.Good luck with your new machine.

Honda300ex
03-05-2003, 11:49 AM
First flip your front wheels it will make it 2" wider. I would get a pipe, filter, and jet it. If you want to take apart the motor get a degree key to.
I recomend a toomey pipe

TimSr
03-05-2003, 12:02 PM
I wouldnt do anything to it while its under warranty. Ride it and see what its lacking that you need for the type of riding you do, then work towards addressing specific problems. Its really foolish to dump hundreds of dollars into mods without assessing what it is specifically that you actually wish to accomplish. Mods for one purpose may cause problems in other areas. An example is the Blasters which are all decked out for motocross, and are real screamers on the track, but totally suck in the woods. Pipes have different purposes and do a lot more shifting of power in one area or another than they provide gains in power. As Jim will tell you, nothing beats a stock Blaster exhaust for low end and midrange. Ride it for awhile, and then come back and tell us what it doesnt do well, that you want to improve.

HemiChallenger71
03-05-2003, 10:44 PM
I was thinking what tim said before I could, don't do anything to it untill your warranty is up. Ride it a lot on your warranty also, so you can find more wrong with it. I had a lot of stupid stuf wrong with my Blaster, mainly cuse the dealership didn't set it up properly before they gave it to me.

Honda300ex
03-05-2003, 11:14 PM
Hey, you guys want to join a all blaster fourm? My friend started it. My name on there is Yamablaster and i am a adminstrator :-D
here you go we need members!!!!!

http://trainwreck.proboards14.com/index.cgi

Jeb
03-06-2003, 11:49 AM
I want one of the new blasters myself. The price is right on these. and with the hydraulic discs now, plus the front end looks so much better. Basically though it's the price I like!

Which color are you going to get? I'm leaning toward the black and red.

Thanks for that link to Trenga Racing Jim. That's nearly my favorite ATV in the PS2 ATV Off Road Fury 2. The Trenga Blaster. When I get one, I will leave mine original because I want it for a trail machine and plus I think my wife will enjoy it, but I'd like to get her a 250ex. I see a blue 2003 blaster at the cycle shop on the way home that has the front fenders removed, an extended axle, and some low profile rear tires. It looks awesome.

You guys got anymore blaster websites?

Honda300ex
03-06-2003, 05:26 PM
bluetraxx.com is a yamaha quad related web site they also have fourms :-D

theeechozen1
03-07-2003, 06:22 PM
I bought an 02 last year for 2900 OTD, fun bike, we use it mainly to ride to the shitter at the dunes and party hop on to since its the only bike we take without paddles. I didnt do the block off kit right away cause of the laziness factor and sure enough we fried it in the sand with less than 20 hours on it! Yamaha warranty came through and I got everything new cept for the cases, took em 3 months though so now the warranty is gone :rolleyes:

ATC crazy
03-07-2003, 08:23 PM
Get a Toomey Pipe for it,,It'll help a lot ;)