PDA

View Full Version : I hate the post office!!We

stevo3176
02-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Here is my story sent out a warrior head that a person won from me on ebay. I sent it out priority mail in a brand new box nice and sealed up tight. A few days pass and the person who won the auction asked where the part was. I told them I sent it out and it should be there on a few days. Well today i get another email from the winner saying that they got the box and it was empty. They said there was a note that it was recieved unsealed. So what do I do now I did not offer insurance so am I screwed?

deathman53
02-05-2006, 10:08 PM
I don't know, my best guess is you are screwed. I have sent things and they came to the desination partailly open, luckily everything was there.

dreadhed
02-05-2006, 11:52 PM
I don't think you have to give the money back if you kept the recipet. Im not sure how the note about it being unsealed will effect you though. I had some thing like this happen once.

MTS
02-06-2006, 12:05 AM
I think the Buyer is trying to Bullshit you.

danteross77
02-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Yeah I agree, I think the buyer is BS ing you. What are the chances of someone opening your box and even knowing what they are or what they will fit! Why would someone steal them. I have been dealing with the post office for over 3 years now, and I love it, they send you free boxes, you print out the label from your pc and hand it to the postal carrier, never even leaving the house. And you cannot beat there flat rate boxes. I had only 1 package supposedly not make it there and The buyer coped an attitude so I sent him a copy of the receipt and tracking number and told him I shipped everything through paypal and showed him that receipt turns out he had the wrong address on file. Not my Problem. You did your job, it is out of your hands, He cannot expect you to drive to his home and personally drop it off.

Orangecnty250r
02-06-2006, 06:13 PM
The post office is required to leave a note like that if there is a problem with the package...I use Priority mail for 95% of my sales and I love it.

I have a similar situation going on right now..I sent a set of decals out (50 bucks worth)..did delivery confirmation and the buyer with decent feedback says he didnt get them...They showed "delivered" on the tracking. The buyer did say only after I asked if mail gets mixed up where he lives and he said yes...plus many different carriers...I feel I held up my part of the deal...if he wants to ruin my perfect feedback he can ......does suck for him if true though. Its a tough situation...delivery confirmation is worth the 45 cents for sure

stevo3176
02-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Well I have asked them for pics of the the box with the stamp on it or the letter they have recieved. All they said was that there camera was on the fritz so they couldn't take pics? They seem legit but with absolutely no proof except what they have said I can't refund the money. We'll see what they want..

dreadhed
02-06-2006, 10:17 PM
When I had a package open the po sent it back to me with a note & not the buyer. It's possible that he is messing with ya.

cragster
02-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Did the package go out? No
Did you use fedex? No its not invented yet....
Not my problem....lol stupid superbowl commercial

brandosfiero
02-13-2006, 06:57 PM
its probably a scam.if you send something usps and dont have a reciept or tracking number. all they have to do is file a claim with paypal and they get the parts and thier money back if its in your account.or if they say they havent got the part yet.and you send them the tracking number and thier like oh i just got it today

bigredhead
02-13-2006, 07:59 PM
I ALWAYS tape the heck out of every side of a box.. use the 2 inch packing tape.. cover every side / corner / seam with multiple layers.. Write the address on the box with a black marker before you tape it. so it's under the plastic tape. and then stick the label on the other side.

Rip off any existing barcode.. cross out and blank any other number.. address.. marking on the thing if it's a pre-used box.

And finally.. use LOTS of news paper crinckled up and leave no pieces to wobble around.

Follow this and you should rarely have any problems with shipping.. other than the shipping company !! lol..

I'd tell him to borrow a digital camera from a friend, they are VERY popular nowa days.. explaini that you simply want visual confirmation of the box and it's condition.. along with that note so you can call the post office and put a search on it.

I bet his tune changes quickly !

bigredhead
02-13-2006, 08:01 PM
If it " Fell " out of the box.. it's a unique enough item that the post office should send it to " Central Unmarks " or some similar named location.. where all the lost mail and parcels go to....

Otherwise.. it got stolen by the postal employees or the receiver plain and simple.

phreakboy
02-13-2006, 08:13 PM
I most definetly agree that its a scam, I have had problems like this in the past and pretty much all I try to do is wait them out, if they paid with paypal then they only have 45 days to try and get it back, but most after they realise that you are not going to roll over, misteriously have the package arrive. It sucks but there is always someone out there trying to scam. I too love USPS, the free boxs are great, it sux that they dont give out free tape anymore. The flat-rate boxs are great, the only thing I absolutley hate is their tracking, and how you dont really get any updates, fedex and UPS both tell you steps along the way USPS kinda just leaves ou hangin until it is delivered. If you print labels through paypa for USPS and sent priority which you have to if you use their boxs, you get the tracking number for free so it works out great for all.

thefox
02-13-2006, 08:44 PM
First thing I would do is get a copy of the note and go from there. If they can't take a picture of the note or scan it then have them copy it and mail it to you. I had someone say the mail lost their money order and then they sent another one and it was lost too, I said that if they get me a scan/picture/copy of the recipt that I would send out the part. Sure enough that was the last I heard from them.

82300R
02-14-2006, 12:05 AM
several weeks ago i purchased a brake caliper for a spare. got a invoice,money order only. sent it out the next day,well several e bay transactions come and go. one day i get another invoice for the caliper. so i contact the guy to see if he recieved it. says he did not. let a week go by . check again still didn't get it. post office did a check on m.o. says it hadn't been cashed. so i send another cert. mail. so did he get the first one and just holding on to it to see if he could get a double payment? i dont know. i know the address was right. this has never happened before. but i will run a check on the original m.o. when the wait period is up.