PDA

View Full Version : Having Some trouble With The Z

cmracer15
02-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Finaly Got the Pipe and Velocity Intake kit on the Z400.... I went from a 135 main to a 170 Main jet. But Now There is a slight Miss/Studder in the engine once it is warmed up and at high Rpms. When the engine is first started ( First few mins) i can open it up and go through all the gears wide open and it is perfect...But once some heat gets in the engine.. it starts to miss. I mainly notcied it when i was racing my buddy side by side in a strait line on the pavement. In 3rd 4th and 5th gear.. once the rpms got close to hitting the Rev limiter it would miss out just a little bit. and if i slowed down..and rode in about 3rd gear and went to ride a wheelie down the road it wouldnt do it becase the engine had a slight miss at high Rpms. But when its cold the thing will stand right up and go as far as you wanted on the back tires. SO im guessing I need to Rejet. But what would you guys recomend me going too...or any other sugestions...Ohh BTW im running 92 octane fuel if it matters. Thanks,Chris. Heres Some Pics:pics:

MTS
02-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Bump up your main jet a few size's my guess is it is leaning out once it warms up, dose your headpipe glow Red ? try riding with the choke half on once it is warm see if it helps the miss.

Modded660R2fast
02-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Check your plug and if its black then its rich and you need to down soize your jet and if its white or a really light brown then your too lean. You want it to be a nice medium brown or a dark brown. Running richer is always better then running leaner in my opinion.:welcome:

OldSchoolin86
02-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Sounds like you're lean.

cmracer15
02-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Alright, Ill go buy a couple more jets.. So if i have a 170 in it now and its lean.. should i go way up?? or just to a 180/190? Its not that bad of a miss and its only at realy high Rpms...bottom end is awsum.

Modded660R2fast
02-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Yeah do that.