PDA

View Full Version : lookin for specific shotgun.guys HELP

Trikeaholic
02-08-2006, 07:44 PM
OK, Im going to give this a try.
I live in Ithaca, NY, as most of you know. Ever heard of Ithaca Gun?
The main factory went out of business when I was in high school. the business was re-formed a few times over the years, but it was never the same.

The point:

Ithaca used to have ALOT of Military and Police business and those are the models that I am interested in. I do have a few different models of the "non sporting Model 37 shotgun, and I am looking for more.

What I am asking for anyone that is into guns to do is check your local shops for the following:

Ithaca Model 37 M&P
The M&P was a short lived model of the 37 that was parkerized an OD green color. It could be ordered with either a 5 or 8 shot mag, 18.5 or 20" barell, std wood furniture (non-checkered) or a hand-grip. Easy way to spot this one, is it is GREEN! No other special markings and a bead front sight

Ithaca Model 37 DS Police Special
The DSPS was more common and was a blued finish with either 5 or 8 shot capacity and had rifle sights with an orange "raybar" front sight blade. The DSPS is stamped "DS POLICE SPECIAL" on the barrel.

Many police depts have since traded these in, so they are out there!

Reward if you find one and I buy it! (some rare trike part will be offered)

Happy Hunting!

Meat-BoX
02-08-2006, 09:18 PM
I got an Ithaca super single 12 Gauge. Nice gun. I will give my Gun dealer a call and ask. He is an avid collector and because he is a dealer he can get any gun from anywhere. He showed me his operation. He uses the net alot, on the sites that non dealers cant go to.

Trikeaholic
02-08-2006, 10:51 PM
nice! they are out there, but we are pretty much out of shops around here.

Wickedfinger
02-10-2006, 01:42 AM
I was going to go for my monthly "Guns and Guitar Shops" cruise this weekend .... also theres a big local gun show comming up soon ... I'll keep an eye out for one. How much are you looking to spend on it if I find one?. If its reasonalble, I'll just buy it outright for you, then have my local guy ship it to a shop near you. Let me know 'holic.

ATC crazy
02-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Here ya go 'holic....Dont say I've never helped you! :lol:

http://www.sksboards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=112701#112701

yyz4208@aol.com
02-10-2006, 05:19 PM
I know of a ds 37 police for sale $550 comes withDS police barrel,and I C barrel,MFG in 60’s,90% condition

Trikeaholic
02-10-2006, 06:22 PM
I know of a ds 37 police for sale $550 comes withDS police barrel,and I C barrel,MFG in 60’s,90% condition

yea that is on gunsamerica and WAYYYY overpriced. Guy is nuts. Its a nice piece, but for a 5 shot it aint worth it.