PDA

View Full Version : New Look for the Charger

Bill X_R
02-08-2006, 10:20 PM
Welp! I wanted to do a *Edited**Edited* and after post - but I cant find the before!

Please hold back the flames - It a 4 door and yes it sais charger on the back!

Pistonhead
02-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Looks hot man. I saw the original pictures last August was it?

200x Basket
02-08-2006, 10:27 PM
whats all the "edited" BS about?

Pistonhead
02-08-2006, 10:32 PM
I think he typed "before" as b-4 except like *Edited**Edited* so the filter blocks it to avoid people typeing like idiots where they make th3r3 full p05t 1mmpo55ible f0r *Edited* to r3ad.

Bill X_R
02-08-2006, 11:10 PM
I think he typed "before" as b-4 except like *Edited**Edited* so the filter blocks it to avoid people typeing like idiots where they make th3r3 full p05t 1mmpo55ible f0r *Edited* to r3ad.

No I typed it out like it should be - Doesn't surprise me though...I hear the folks that run this place don't know what the heck there doing!;) ;) ;)

Pistonhead
02-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Haha I wasn't getting a shot in or anything, I just noticed the filter now blocks out the way overused abbreviations, which is good for some people who seem to enjoy making a post very aggrivating to read with extensive "*Edited*" etc.

Bill X_R
02-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Haha I wasn't getting a shot in or anything, I just noticed the filter now blocks out the way overused abbreviations, which is good for some people who seem to enjoy making a post very aggrivating to read with extensive "*Edited*" etc.

No worries mate! - I was just beig a smart - a__ anyhow!

IrvSLedman
02-08-2006, 11:38 PM
..ehh i dont like it so much.. 4 door charger??whats up with that man.. oh well the new camaros are hoottt look em up.

1984kxtTECATE
02-09-2006, 01:31 AM
I disagree with Dodge labeling it as the "charger", it has 4 doors and it aggravates me, but it is a step in the right direction, modern pony and muscle cars are really starting to become cheap and very powerful, say bye bye rice boys!

On another not has anyone else caught the DODGE CHALLENGER CONCEPT it will have a factory 425 HP engine all for 30 g's or somthin, it looks hot. Imports are really going to start to *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* themselves.

69HemiGTX
02-09-2006, 08:31 AM
So did you buy one, or are you posting this as new news? It's been making the die-hard Mopar guys like me mad for well over a year, so it's old news.

Real Chargers have two doors!!

NOS_350X
02-10-2006, 02:50 AM
Well I am verry dissapointed in the Charger there SLOW.
Tecate guy, hate to say it but the 4banger is the way to go, that SRT4 will walk all over the charger. Probably the challanger also but we will only see. the 4 cyl vs 8 is hard for most people to truely comprehend. With all the emissions standards and price of gas the 4 is the way to go if you want to go fast. Went crusing/racing in my friends turobed Mits, and got 19 MPG in my truck i get about 8 or 9, and his car is a little bit faster, but not by much.

1984kxtTECATE
02-10-2006, 04:56 AM
Tecate guy, hate to say it but the 4banger is the way to go, that SRT4 will walk all over the charger. Probably the challanger also but we will only see. the 4 cyl vs 8 is hard for most people to truely comprehend. With all the emissions standards and price of gas the 4 is the way to go if you want to go fast. Went crusing/racing in my friends turobed Mits, and got 19 MPG in my truck i get about 8 or 9, and his car is a little bit faster, but not by much.

Im not downing the SRT 4 in any way, it has my respect even though I dont like them. They are quick, same with the evo's and WRX's. But its a shame they cant build a motor with out boost, In my eyes any average joe can throw a turbo on a car and make it fast. Granite you are going to loose the low end torque with the turboed I-4 design, but they are very rev happy motors. But Id love to see what the new challenger can do, right now all I know is they claim 425 horsepower at the wheels, they havnt released the torque numbers yet which is why Im so very curious about the car. Not to mention it has some bad ass styling incorperated in it. I totaly understand the stance on the whole performance vs fuel milage statement, I have found over the couple years that I was too narrow minded on what I considered worth while at building up to make fast. But sadly Dodge is never going to shove a real motor in that charger, I know it wont happen but a fuel injected 440 wedge would be awesome, as well as traditional.

New challenger

http://money.cnn.com/2006/01/04/Autos/funonwheels/dodge_challenger/index.htm?section=money_latest

Another informative link

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

Quote from Allpar's site

The Hemi has 425 hp, 420 lb-ft of torque, and a six-speed manual transmission. So geared, with its 4,100 pound weight, it can do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds (with 20 inch wheels on front and 21 inch wheels on back), and runs the quarter mile in 13 seconds flat; top speed is 174 mph (limited by wind resistance), while gas mileage is estimated at 14 city, 20 highway, very good compared with the original Challenger. Brakes are more effective than the original - stopping from 60 mph can be done in 133 feet.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/01/04/Autos/funonwheels/dodge_challenger/dodge_challenger.03.jpg

69HemiGTX
02-10-2006, 07:09 AM

I am going to have to raise the BS flag on this. OK, so you rode in a Charger. Are you sure it had a Hemi in it? The standard car comes with a 3.5 liter V6 (yawn). The Hemis have been clicking off low 13 second ETs since they came out. If you indeed rode in a Hemi, then the driver didn't know how to get the most out of it. Yes, even with a squishbox, there is a technique to launching them. I have seen a lot of SRT4s, and while somewhat quick, they won't set the world on fire. I am a dyed-in-the-wool gearhead, and a true Mopar fanatic. Even though the SRT4 is a Mopar, it is a joke. In classic Mopar fashion, they sat back and waited to see what the competition was, came up with a plan, executed it, and beat the competition at their own game. This is of course before the WRX came along. To put it country simple, four bangers are a fad. Where will they be in twenty years? Hemmings Motor News with inflated price tags? Highly doubtful. Even you contradict yourself somewhat with your last sentence. You talk about how fast four bangers are, then you say your friend's car is barely quicker than your truck. Your truck?! So, a turbo rice mobile is faster than a truck, but "not by much." That says a lot right there. And as far as fuel economy goes, the 345hp Hemi Charger R/T is rated at 17 city/25 highway. Not bad for a two ton brick, huh? Go find a Hemi 300 or Charger to play with, and get ready to see nothing but tail lights. Oh, and if you see an SRT8 badge on either of them, tuck your tails and run because challenging them won't be pretty.

69HemiGTX
02-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Hey 84KXT, the pic of the Camaro concept in your reply isn't the right one. That one was designed by a 19 year-old kid who is studying automotive design. Here are the official GM concepts. The one on top is an earlier version, and the bottom one is the finalized version.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/upload2/2336338-5%255B1%255D-resized.model-resized.1-resized.jpg

1984kxtTECATE
02-10-2006, 07:21 AM
Sweetness, Ill get that pic removed, but it seems our good ole domestic boys are putting the "muscle" back into the modern muscle car. Or the ponies back in the modern day pony car if we want to get technical :lol:

Pistonhead
02-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Sweetness, Ill get that pic removed, but it seems our good ole domestic boys are putting the "muscle" back into the modern muscle car. Or the ponies back in the modern day pony car if we want to get technical :lol:

Its about time I say!!!!

ClayW
02-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Yeah something smells. I have driven a new Charger S/RT w/hemi numerous times now. The car will flat move. Especially for a 4 door. I manually shifted the car with the tiptronic transmission and it would fly. I have owned many a mustang with 3:73 gears and full exhaust. 88,89,90,92,96, and a 99 model. The charger will blow the doors off all of them with those mods. Especially stock.

ClayW

Bill X_R
02-11-2006, 01:49 PM
I am going to have to raise the BS flag on this. OK, so you rode in a Charger. Are you sure it had a Hemi in it? The standard car comes with a 3.5 liter V6 (yawn). The Hemis have been clicking off low 13 second ETs since they came out. If you indeed rode in a Hemi, then the driver didn't know how to get the most out of it. Yes, even with a squishbox, there is a technique to launching them. I have seen a lot of SRT4s, and while somewhat quick, they won't set the world on fire. I am a dyed-in-the-wool gearhead, and a true Mopar fanatic. Even though the SRT4 is a Mopar, it is a joke. In classic Mopar fashion, they sat back and waited to see what the competition was, came up with a plan, executed it, and beat the competition at their own game. This is of course before the WRX came along. To put it country simple, four bangers are a fad. Where will they be in twenty years? Hemmings Motor News with inflated price tags? Highly doubtful. Even you contradict yourself somewhat with your last sentence. You talk about how fast four bangers are, then you say your friend's car is barely quicker than your truck. Your truck?! So, a turbo rice mobile is faster than a truck, but "not by much." That says a lot right there. And as far as fuel economy goes, the 345hp Hemi Charger R/T is rated at 17 city/25 highway. Not bad for a two ton brick, huh? Go find a Hemi 300 or Charger to play with, and get ready to see nothing but tail lights. Oh, and if you see an SRT8 badge on either of them, tuck your tails and run because challenging them won't be pretty.

So now your an advocate? I get where you’re coming from - I just was able to move past and beyond it. I didn't buy it because it said Charger on the back, I bought it because I can get my family in it - It looks hot (IMO) - With it's mid 13's in the 1/4 mile I'm faster than most of the stock stuff on the road! - It's a burn out King - It's a friggin blast to drive! I could go on, the car has it down sides also, but combined that it's an American car I can't see where I went wrong? (Well there is the truck that I should not have traded in)

Everybody can think they are junk because it's a 4 door - Christine and I just call them shitters.

69HemiGTX
02-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Everybody can think they are junk because it's a 4 door - Christine and I just call them shitters.

I never said they were junk. Nor did I say anything bad about their performance. Frankly, they are pretty impressive for their size and weight. I just said that they have been pissing off a lot of Mopar faithful, myself included, because it should not be called a Charger. If it was called a Magnum Sedan, we would have no trouble with it. It's amazing how a little plastic badge can make such a difference to people, but it still shouldn't be called a Charger because it makes it look as if the car grew old by adding two more doors.

Tri-ZNate
02-12-2006, 08:15 PM
I dont know what all the hype about the charger is. It is a shortened Dodge Magnum and looks like the Chrysler 300's twin. Man if they want to really make that thing fast they should make a TRUE hemi and throw that in, not just put the spark plug in the center of the head and say "yep thats our new HEMI Powered Vehicle".

BLAZERONE22
02-12-2006, 08:21 PM
I wonder when the new Omni will debut.....:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

1984kxtTECATE
02-12-2006, 08:59 PM
I wonder when the new Omni will debut.....:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

:lol: You enjoy making fun of my fuel efficent beater dont you....

BLAZERONE22
02-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Yeah you should list it in your sig above the project Mustang bro...

kloby
02-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Those Camaro concepts are WICKED rides. The Challenger will be sweet, and no they should not have put the Charger name on the 4-door grocery getter w/ a HEMI. :lol:

1984kxtTECATE
02-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Yeah you should list it in your sig above the project Mustang bro...

Consider it done....:lol: