PDA

View Full Version : UK International shipping info needed, Please!

350xman
02-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Hi Guys
I was wondering if anyone out there could help me out with some info on shipping an atv internationally? My Cousin that lives in the UK(England) has a very very nice 86atc350x that he is giving to me but I have to try to find a shipper that will ship it from the UK to Canada. So, far I tried about 4 international bike shippers and they won't ship a 3 wheeler. Go figure? Anyways, has anyone from the UK or anywhere else ever shipped a 3 wheeler or quad from the UK to the *Edited*.S. or Canada or anywhere else internationally? If so which shipping company did you use? I have about 5 weeks( cousin is moving to Japan, new job does want to take the bike) to make this internation shipping thing happen so, if anyone has any ideas or info could you please post it here or PM me. I know that there have been a few guys from the UK and Australia on the board before talking about shipping stuff from there or to there but I haven't seen any shipping companies names. Are there are UK guys that could help me out with shipping from there?
Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me out!!!:beer
350xman

brandosfiero
02-09-2006, 09:28 PM
take the axle out then its a motorcycle.send the axle seprate

350xman
02-09-2006, 09:39 PM
I thought of that as well. I suggested that the bike be broken down into 3 main parts the front end, themiddle bieng the frame and everything on it except the rear axle and tires. The majority of the shippers said no still and 2 of them said yes but they would have to crate each piece into seperate crates which would cost almost $1500.00 more. I might as well buy another 350x here . I am take the 350x off of my cousin hands because he may want to buy it back from me later( for the shipping charges) when he moves back home after his 3 year work project is done overseas.
350xman

wolfspider
02-12-2006, 09:00 AM
hey
if it doesn`t work out with the shipping, pass my details onto him and i`ll be interested in buying it from him.
got any pics
steve

x.system
02-12-2006, 12:12 PM
I shipped a trike from Michigan to the UK for Jez and his shipper used this company to get it into canada. If you ask Jez I'm sure he can get you the contact info on the other shipper.

Vera Gugliotta
Transcontinental
2500 W. Higgins Rd. Ste 150
Hoffman Estates, IL 60195
Tel: 847-781-3001
Fax: 847 781-0001
email: verag@transcontinentalexports.com

I don't know if you can get it done in 5 weeks though, Canada is the hardest country to get a trike into because of customs forms. They need to be preaproved before the bike ever leaves and that takes a couple weeks or more depending on Canadian customs. There is also an additional cost for them to get it preaproved and I think it was either $100 or $150.

petesatc
02-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Yep like Jim said (x.system) but there is an other problem shipping to Canada you NEED the bikes title.....without that your going to need to strip the bike into parts and ship as 'used parts'
Pete