PDA

View Full Version : New Lt_R 450 in the back of my truck!!

TRIKE
02-14-2006, 12:24 AM
well I went and got it tonite.Still in the back of my truck.I ended up dropping the deal with the local dealer I use and ran to hr away shop in Mansfield.GUys are awesome and they pulled no punches.I even saved about 3oo$ on the machine.No one would drop on price from 7299.So I asked him and told him the problems I was having with the shop I was dealing with and he told me he would sell me one for 7000 .He wasnt kidding. So now I own one.I ended up getting a yellow one and Im glad I did.Its very sharp looking.Book doesnt do it justice.The white may end up being nicer looking but I had some reasons for the yellow since I have a white Z400. I will get some pics of it tomorrow before I get it dirty and let you see it if I can figure out how to post pics. ALl I can say is WOOT!! Im ready to ride again. I had a pic on,i added some more in comparison to my Z400 thats set up with all Elka and Janssen racing parts. You can see how close the specs are between the 2. The Z has plus 3 aarms and 19" Elkas.It also has a +1 1/4" swingarm. The Z still dwarfs the LTR in overall size.I'll post more pics later.

TRIKE
02-14-2006, 01:27 AM
Ok gonna try the pic thingy!

Modded660R2fast
02-14-2006, 03:01 AM
Holly Crap dude Thats AWSOME!!! I wish I Had One. Can you imagine How fast it's going to be when they come out with a pipe for it. It already makes i think 41 HP. That thing Is a Beast. Have crap loads of fun......( IM DROOLING)

Rm250RF900R
02-14-2006, 08:59 AM
I was reading something on atvconnection that the stock exhaust is really restricting. They pulled out the spark arrester and it was like a whole new bike.

TRIKE
02-14-2006, 09:25 AM
Well im up ,, gonna hit some coffe for a few .Get my blood flowing,,then get the 450 out and take her for a spin. I havent seen hp numbers yet,BUTT,,I have already purchased what they c all a CHERRY BOMB for the LT. Its a little plug in device made by yoshimura so it doesnt void my warranty either. Take the baffle out of the exhaust and plug in the cherry bomb and its a claimed 7 hp. If so,cheapest 40$ 7 hp increase you can get. Well I just got back in from a short ride around the house and down the road.Umm,very snappy and responsive. Its un real how the throttle is,its like you dont have to push on it t all to feel the power. It pulls with great torque all through the powerband. Its cooling down at the moment for its next run. I will keep ya posted.

MTS
02-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Well im up ,, gonna hit some coffe for a few .Get my blood flowing,,then get the 450 out and take her for a spin. I havent seen hp numbers yet,BUTT,,I have already purchased what they c all a CHERRY BOMB for the LT. Its a little plug in device made by yoshimura so it doesnt void my warranty either. Take the baffle out of the exhaust and plug in the cherry bomb and its a claimed 7 hp. If so,cheapest 40$ 7 hp increase you can get. Well I just got back in from a short ride around the house and down the road.Umm,very snappy and responsive. Its un real how the throttle is,its like you dont have to push on it t all to feel the power. It pulls with great torque all through the powerband. Its cooling down at the moment for its next run. I will keep ya posted.
Hmm Cherry Bomb is probably just re-Maps the EFI for the pipe..i know alot of raptor 700 guys Where Havin Problems becuse they pulled the baffles and filtre, leaned em Waaay out and didnt take them back in to get the EFI re-tuned.

TravEX
02-14-2006, 11:33 PM
WOW!!! Very nice!!!

TRIKE
02-15-2006, 12:56 AM
Yeah similar issues are happening with the cherry bomb as well.NOt real bad but some. Since its cold out it doesnt help. I recommended to some of the others that pulling the baffel and adding the cherry bomb was great but since theres leaning out issues leave the air box lid on for now till it warms up.Less air with lid on means more fuel.Gonna test my theory and see what happins.

Cody
02-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Wheel it over to my house. Front yard is fine.

3leggeddog
02-15-2006, 07:35 PM
damn trike,that thing is bad!!!!!!!!!

so,ahh,we gonna ride this weekend?if so......................ahh.............,hmmm..... ...............CAN I RIDE IT!!!!!!!!!!!,LOL

G-MAN-1
02-15-2006, 10:54 PM
want to see a comparison. COMPARE IT TO A HONDA....LMAO

hey db (nice atv).......................tell all hello from us........G

TRIKE
02-16-2006, 12:05 AM
damn trike,that thing is bad!!!!!!!!!

so,ahh,we gonna ride this weekend?if so......................ahh.............,hmmm..... ...............CAN I RIDE IT!!!!!!!!!!!,LOL

Yeah I plan on getting out and doing some riding with Tim Sr.and who ever else this weekend. If your gonna make it too you sure can ride it. !!

TRIKE
02-16-2006, 12:06 AM
want to see a comparison. COMPARE IT TO A HONDA....LMAO

hey db (nice atv).......................tell all hello from us........G

Hey G!! Whats up,happy Valentines day sweet heart!! LMAO,,tell all we said hi there too bro.

MTS
02-16-2006, 12:34 AM
My friend was tellin me (works PDI at zook shop) that them new 450's Haul...n are pharkin wyde...haha

SpeedBump
02-17-2006, 06:21 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=209966

Go read this Thread. Very sweet Ride ya got there. I also would buy a Yellow one if I were gonna take the plunge. It is a SUZUKI! THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE YELLOW!!!!! :w00t: :beer

seadoo650
02-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Nate. I'm going to my parents to watch the 500 today and If you don't mind I'
ll swing by and take a look at it. If you're gonna be home.

TRIKE
02-19-2006, 12:35 PM
Go for it,stop by,Im to sore but to set and take it easy today anyways.its in the back of my truck. call me when your coming by 747-3098

TimSr
02-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Well, I got to ride it, and where it really counts too - on the MX track. Screw this straight line "how fast will it go" armchair racing BS!

The quad looks very nice, but nothing that would really make it stand out among all the new "Raptor looking" quads other than the traditional Suzuki Yellow. Sitting on it, it felt a lot smaller than it looked, and reminded me a lot of the YFZ450 I rode. Acceleration was very nice and crisp, and pretty even throughout the powerband. It was very quick, but if youre used to high performance two strokes, its not shocking or earth shattering, just fast like everything else. Cornering was just plain awesome. Any moron could easily turn the bars, give it a little gas and powerslide right around. Picking the right gear was optional as it didnt much seem to matter - a concept difficult for a 2 stroke rider to comprehend! It was very easy to make this quad go exactly where you wanted it to. Low end was super, and superior to the YFZ. The rest of the powerband was very similar. When I hit the whoops, the rear end wanted to play mechanical bull with me. Rear suspension was far too stiff for my 175 lbs. The YFZ was too stiff as well, but not as stiff as the Suzuki. The front suspension actually felt pretty good, and gave a smooth ride though Im sure it could have been softened up for an even smoother ride. (The YFZ was noticeably too stiff in the front for me.) I havent ridden a 450r to compare, and I dont much care what magazines say so no opinion there. The 400EX is old school and not in the same league as the new 450's, on the track. (and I dont judge by straight line performnce).

I think the Suzuki 450 was nothing short of awesome, and I have no doubt that I could win a lot of races (MX, not the armchair kind) with one. Suspension is an adjustment, and must be tuned to the riders weight and type riding on any machine, so I dont hold that against them. A 200lb rider would probably be happy with it. I gave the YFZ450 high marks, but I think the Suzuki has superior low end which will give it quite an edge. They both handled excellent, but low end makes for better cornering. Even the stock tires were well suited for the track. The YFZ is a great macine, but I think the LT is a little bit better. As for the Honda, there is so much blind loyalty to the badge, that it really doenst matter how well it stacks up against these two.

69HemiGTX
02-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Well, I got to ride it, and where it really counts too - on the MX track. Screw this straight line "how fast will it go" armchair racing BS!

I have no doubt that I could win a lot of races (MX, not the armchair kind)

As for the Honda, there is so much blind loyalty to the badge, that it really doenst matter how well it stcks up against these two.

:w00t: Thank you, Tim. Thank you. Finally someone else tells it like it is. I am sick of the "how fast" questions and "Honduh is the best just because" crap, too. Isn't it great to ride an ATV for what it was designed for? If they were made to go straight, they wouldn't have anything that enables going quickly around corners. It's also good to see that almighty Honduh isn't so almighty anymore. The eighties are over people! Yes, I own two 200Xs, not because they are Honduhs, but because they were cheap. :D

3leggeddog
02-20-2006, 02:30 PM
hmm the 80's are over,correct,but honda still stood on top of the podium last year,piloted by john natalie jr

i can't wait to ride one of these zukes.i seen 3 of them at the track this weekend and man they looked bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!i probally shouldn't ride on,i may sell everything else!!

SpeedBump
02-20-2006, 09:36 PM
No, you won't sell! you WILL just go deeper in debt! I can't wait to ride one myself. I have ridden both the 450R and the YFZ450 and I like the engine of the Honda, and the ergos of the Yammy. It felt more like my modded 350EX (but WAYYYY more ARSE!) This new Suzuki was built for one thing...winning on a MX track and I am sure it will be giving Team Red AND Tema BLUE fits this season. I think it is GREAT that there is another MFG getting in DEEP! Makes the rest work harder to build a better machine. Take Honda for example....reconfigured the R this year...wasn't able to beat the Yamahas on the ShowRoom Floor, so give the customers what they want...more Juice and ELECTRIC START! It is great. That link (back on pg1 ) shows the engines are gonna be dang near the same between the 3 with a few mods here and there, so the suspension and handling should be VERY important and looks like the New Zuki (in stock trim) is gonna hand the other two their ARSES!!! BTW, John Natalie lives and rides about 45 minutes or so from here. Nice to see a local on top every now and then. Hope he does well again this year.

jmack3986
02-21-2006, 10:24 AM
well with the link posted up i have got to say that suzuki is has low hp off showromm but once un restricted it has some arse. funny how they metion the 400ex. I still would prefer a honda. i see alot of problems with the new 450r for this season. i will find out what problems they are running into from my friends dad who knows a suzuki race team mechaninic. he knows tony bealuty i am not sure on the name spelling, but he was wrenching for pastrana a about 2 years ago not sure who he has now i thin sebastian. i personally will wait a few years to get one so i know the bugs are worked out, but that is me. never buy a 2001-2002 rm125- or 250. they throw rods like top ends. still they are bad loooking bikes. I want to ride one , better yet ride all at once and compare :)

Darius1502
02-21-2006, 10:23 PM
I like the new Suzuki....looks low and wide like the quadzilla. Gotta love Suzuki.

trainingwheeler
03-06-2006, 12:19 AM
"Picking the right gear was optional as it didnt much seem to matter - a concept difficult for a 2 stroke rider to comprehend " there is one exception to this quote TimSr & thats the lt500 i just bought picking the right gear is totally optional on this 2 stroke just stab the gas & hold on in any gear .....lol

3leggeddog
03-08-2006, 09:30 PM
i had a chance to spend some time on nates new bike,WOW.what a sweet @$$ ride.thanks bud!!!

New2ATC
03-09-2006, 12:47 AM
saw one at the dealers today.. Man they are WIIIDDEEE, and still sweet looking. My friend is considering buying one, hes just waiting on the $$ to do so. You gotta love the zukis...

200xcellent
03-09-2006, 01:01 AM
I really love your quad nate! And what I love even more is how you thrash away in the nasty trails on that mx queen!

ride_red_95
03-13-2006, 10:46 PM
This new Suzuki was built for one thing...winning on a MX track and I am sure it will be giving Team Red AND Tema BLUE fits this season. I think it is GREAT that there is another MFG getting in DEEP! Makes the rest work harder to build a better machine..

You know its not all about MX.it's all about the quaility of the machine.Honda may not be the fastest but it has the highest quality and will outlast any of them.they started it all they invented the 3wheeler.just my opinnion,:TrikesOwn :beer

rm125zr440
03-14-2006, 12:54 AM
That is a damn nice quad, I see the local dealer has one here and it looks mean when i see it sitting there, being a two stroke lover I only wish i could have been a 2 stroke with that advanced of an engine. "never buy a 2001-2002 rm125- or 250. they throw rods like top ends". Where the hell did you hear this. i've owned my 02rm125 since new and have never had a problem and in all my readings on the net i've never heard anybody complain of having such a problem with their bikes. I dont trust that information one bit.