PDA

View Full Version : Hey Billy,How about TrikeFest South at Croom ATV Park

10-09-2002, 09:25 AM
The 250R is in better shape than ever, Us guys down south here need a TrikeFest of our own. Triking Across America Right??????

Billy Golightly
10-09-2002, 11:21 AM
Sure! I'm not sure when I'll be able to go though, the 500X is still in the building stages but is alot closer then it was. I'm HOPING that around Christmas or before it'll be pretty much "Done". I remember you saying there was a big sand pit there correct? Any reccomendation for tires? I have to have new ones and would hate to bring a knife to a gun fight so to speak :P.

3WheelHouston
10-09-2002, 03:32 PM
AFTER DEER SEASON! (spring)

10-09-2002, 06:26 PM
Billy, Croom is ALL SAND,except where there is water then it is like clay. I saw some guys with paddle tires, but I had no problem with the tires I had at the time. I don't think there would be any problem with any tire you had on any bike. Lets make it happen!!!!!

Billy Golightly
10-09-2002, 07:07 PM
Alrighty, I guess I'll be good to go with some all purpose tires. I was considering something similar to tractor tread for the dry river bed I ride in (Its all very loose sand, just like dunes) But I guess something like Holeshot's or Razar's will work. Any idea on a date? I don't have any for sure date when I can go. After January 5th I get my license and start my job at the Honda dealer, but they are always closed on Monday's (Open half a day on Saturday) Maybe I could get one Saturday off and we could arrange something. I have a freind that would probably like to go if he can get off work too. I'll talk to him next time I see him and see if he thinks he might be able to get a day off or be able to go when we get a date figured out.

By the way, I'm gonna move this to the Trikefest forum.

Mike Fort Laud
10-10-2002, 08:18 PM
Gonna work at Honda huh....EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT..... Now that I have my 250R in tip tip tip top shape I am eager to go back to Croom. I know that I missed half the place last time. I just don't want to go by myself. And a TRIKEFEST related event just sounds like a good excuse to load up As far as tires anything goes. I had half bald tires and never once thought about having better ones.

Kilborg
10-11-2002, 02:16 AM
Check out spider tracks. Theyre great in pretty much anything, and even fairly useful in sand, though the smallest size (last i knew of) was 22 inch.

Billy Golightly
10-12-2002, 02:50 PM
You got it Mike...I don't care if I'm making $2 an hour I'll make up for it in part discounts ;-). The only reason I asked about the tires was I had talked to some people from around here about going down there and they said that it was a horrible place if you didn't have some good tires. I guess they must have been running slicks or something.

JB, I've thought about Spider Trac's some actually. Howdy reccomended them to me a while back. Possibly between some of those and a low profile tire I'll be in business.

mtbikr
12-13-2002, 01:04 AM
Have you ever senn dirt diggers? My buddy uses one on the front of his 350x and says as soon as the (crappy) turf tamers wear out he is getting them on the back as well. Where is "Croom"? please say close to TN

Cahdealme
12-13-2002, 03:35 AM
Where is croom, I haven't heard of it before. How much land is there to ride on?

Mike Fort Laud
12-13-2002, 10:06 AM
Croom Motorcycle Riding Area is about 4000 acres of area. It is located at I-75 and the Broksville exit. Just north of Tampa.