PDA

View Full Version : A soldier's quote for the day.

LonesomeTriZ
02-16-2006, 04:08 PM
On December 9, 2005, CNN covered an interview of a US Special Forces
soldier, a member of an elite sniper team. A Reuter's reporter trying
to milk the interview for all it was worth asked the young soldier in
a
less than respectful tone, in an effort to make him feel guilty, "What
do you feel, if anything, when you shoot an Al Quaeda freedom fighter
from such a long distance?" The young soldier shrugged his shoulders
and replied. "RECOIL" & turned and walked away.

:w00t:

250r'en +TCB
02-16-2006, 04:15 PM
hahahahaha damn that is a classic man!!!! Wow thanks for that! Damn liberal media! what was the reporters expression??? hahaha

Jeb
02-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Hell Yeah! :beer

LonesomeTriZ
02-16-2006, 04:48 PM
I thought you all would like that.

dreadhed
02-16-2006, 05:47 PM
lol That's great.

grundlegrabber
02-17-2006, 12:23 AM
Yes, a good one indeed. I'll bet that reporter had nothing else to say after that.

Russell 350X
02-17-2006, 09:20 AM
haha thats awsome.

Chevy200s
02-17-2006, 10:15 AM
That is awesome!

Lomax
02-17-2006, 11:02 AM
I love it. 100% the truth too :lol:..

wheelie king
02-17-2006, 01:08 PM
Wow. What a response. I LOVE IT.

Snipers have a very unique job. They have to put forth so much concentration, planning, and patience. Defintely something I respect.

Speaking from experience, I have been involved in a shooting through my Law Enforcement capacity. Quite honestly, I do not remember feeling recoil....I do not even remember hearing the shot. It just- happened- very quickly. And it was a good thing that it did. It had to.

Anyway. That is the difference between a reactionary shooting, and a planned, detail-oriented sniper shooting. Those snipers are highly trained and have a job that most could not do. They actually have to study their target and think about it before firing.

I am very proud of our soldiers, and honor them in all their efforts. Especially the snipers that "reach out and touch someone" for my freedom.
Good post, Louis.

Jeffro33
02-17-2006, 05:10 PM
Now that is funny. You can tell he is a Marine:w00t: :w00t:

LonesomeTriZ
02-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Soon, very soon, I may have the opportuntiy to answer the same question...

trikezilla
02-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Yes...I agree DAMN liberal media! I bet 100% if you asked all of the returning vetrans what was really going on they would say something to the effect of "I would do it again". Its too bad our media demoralizes them, they go over and risk there lives and the fricken far lefters slam on them and completley take away the sense of accomplishement they rightfully deserve!

LonesomeTriZ
02-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Yes...I agree DAMN liberal media! I bet 100% if you asked all of the returning vetrans what was really going on they would say something to the effect of "I would do it again". Its too bad our media demoralizes them, they go over and risk there lives and the fricken far lefters slam on them and completley take away the sense of accomplishement they rightfully deserve!

I could not have said it better myself.

trikezilla
02-20-2006, 09:39 PM
And even if you are a veteran reading this and think Im out of it, I still have the balls to "thank you".

I mean what the hell. some of you guys and girls sign up for this...you have to remember it is not just a free ride through college. You are ALSO signing up to defend our country and its interest(s)!! I am not trying to sound mean to who didnt make it back or theie families, but for every action (like signing up) there is a consequence.

LonesomeTriZ
02-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Um, I am not sure I like the way you wored that statement. I am hoping it just did not come out the way you intended.

CorbinKale
02-21-2006, 12:24 AM
In context with his other posts, his intentions are honorable.

I saw alot of that during my Army career, too. Kids would sign up for college money, thinking that they would cash out before any wars occured. A funny thing happens, though. Those greedy kids, full of self interest and no sense of commitment higher than their own advancement, suddenly find themselves jammed into a world filled with all races and backgrounds, except all are equally worthless in the eyes of their instructors. :) To succeed, they must work with people they would never speak to, otherwise. They can't help but realize that what they once thought was important, is really trivial. Plenty sign up for honorable reasons, too. I'm just saying that the ones looking to game the system, quite often gain self-respect and integrity, and end up being quality soldiers and Americans. Once you get down to facts and reality, the liberal BS quickly fades and in its place arises competence and determined action.

The volunteer military works. And if for some reason we can't muster enough young people who are willing to give a few years to learn the trade of war to defend our nation, we are all done, and good riddance, as our time will have passed. Any nation that spawns a generation is 'too good' to serve in its defense, does not deserve to exsist, and soon will not.

LonesomeTriZ
02-21-2006, 08:33 AM
That was very well said. I joined for honorable reasons and I get very irritated with those who say "I am only here for the college money". I feel that statement should be enough to have you removed from the armed services and forfeiture of all your benefits.

69HemiGTX
02-21-2006, 10:15 AM
The sniper's quote is classic. I agree 100% with your attitudes about the media. They are terrible and they have no remorse for what they say or do. It's all about making MY Commander in Chief look bad. I have been in the Army for three years, and while I haven't been to the sandbox yet, I want to go. Even if I don't get accepted to Warrant Officer Flight Training and complete a career, I want to at least have a combat patch so that I won't feel like I didn't accomplish anything in my six years of service. Oh yeah, nearly 90% of the soldiers I know that have been there say they want to go back. Some even said that some news agencies purposely avoided getting footage of positive actions, instead circling like vultures until something bad happened.

LonesomeTriZ
02-21-2006, 10:20 AM
I have heard the same thing from some of the returmimg soldiers I have spoke with.

trikezilla
02-21-2006, 09:39 PM
I think corbin kale caught my drift...:

Nope, I DID NOT INTEND TO HAVE IT SOUND NEGATIVE OR OFFENSIVE IN ANY WAY...let me reword that

I am simply say, that I do feel bad when a soldier gets hurt or god forbid dies. I really do, and my heart goes out to their friends and families. I just wanted to state that when you join the military as a career, a way to get college training, or any other reason you need to remember (especially during these times) that fighting and serving is probably going to confront you. Basically, when you join don't necisarily (sp?) expect to not have such a sacrifice. It should be fully understood that you may face danger when you join, so I dont see why there are so many people that are blaming Govt for something they decided to do themselves. Like I said, Dont get me wrong, I do feel sorry for the hurt and dead along with their families, but their actions of joining under free will need to be considered as well.

I hope that makes sense, as I dont want to bring the soldiers down like certain far left wing media(s) seem to do at free will

Thanks for you sacrifices!

Oh and Lonesome Tri-Z, I DIDNT mean to offend you...I meant it as a example and poorly stated it as I should have used more/better way of describing it. ;)

xd 200x
02-21-2006, 10:33 PM
This is the source of the problems

The money is crap. Honestly could have made more getting a job during school. Then there is the b.s activations. 6 months I can deal with, but a month after you get back o look I guess it's time to go again. gone for another year. F-that.
Then there is always the " hey boy your going to build bridges" "Ok" BY the way we switched your mos now you get to work with explosives and buy the way here is the most advance peice of equip in the arsnal a stick to find mines with " Here is some c4 have fun "
and then there is the most awsome part
Mom Im comming home " oh never mind I get to go to NTC now" F that place.

Then there is the Idiot rotc idiots who run around in BDU's for 4 years playing gi-joe on campus. O they look really cool in there painted boots. god I hate those kids. The best part is when they fail out of OCS and end up a spc with no clue what they are doing. Or they think they should be treated special " sorry bud earned the berret and the ribions I dont have one from rotc day camp"

God somtimes I miss and it was the best time of my life for sure but they really need to do away with rotc an the 60 day merical and just promote from within. It would really end all the B.S that is for dam sure.

Sorry just a rant people who are or were in will understand this.

Im going back in jag I hope when I get out of law school 2 years from now just gatta get my waiver

CorbinKale
02-22-2006, 12:25 PM
xd 200x,

I think you provide an exellent example of why a volunteer military is the best option. Thanks for your service.

LonesomeTriZ
02-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Zilla,
I kind of figured you meant it in another way than it came out. I agree with you 100%. These shitbag parents who blame the president because little Johnny got wasted serving his country should be shot. They are disgracing there child’s name and belittling his sacrifice. Remember the Delta Force sniper that was awarded the Medal of Honor in Somalia? His wife set a perfect example of a proud family. *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* the no respect shitbag family members who lose a loved one but do not love him or her enough to honor their noble sacrifice.

I did not sign up to die. I signed up to serve.

XD,
I am right there with you brother. I dropped out of ROTC because of the unbelievable bullshit. I can not believe what I saw will be leading troops. I wanted no part of it. I told them they can shove there full scholarship. I will go to OCS were real officers are made. And by the way, I was prior service from two different branches before I even entered ROTC.

trikezilla
02-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Lonesomw, glad you understand what I was getting at. I am sorry to sorry I am not familiar with the Somolia sniper topic. I am only 16, so if it was either before my time or when I was young I have no knowlege of it at all. I think its really great that one person can sighn up and serve as much as you and still put up with all the BS you seem to encounter not only in the service, but from idiots like CNN, the Today show and stuff like that.

LonesomeTriZ
02-27-2006, 05:22 PM
He was one of the Delta Force snipers that was drug through the streets about ten years ago. Wacth the movie Black Hawk down and you will see the story but not the after math. His wife set a standard that only a first lady can duplicate. She honored his sacrafice by accepting his medal of hnonor on his behalf.

CorbinKale
02-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Randall Shughart and Gary Gordan

On October 3, 1993 in Mogadishu, Somalia these two were in a copter providing air support when another blackhawk was shot down. Gordan and Shughart learned that ground forces were not immediately available to secure the site and they volunteered to be inserted to protect the four critically wounded personnel. There were hundreds of enemy personnel closing in on the crash site.

After their third request, Shughart and Gordon received permission to perform this volunteer mission. Sergeant Shughart then pulled the pilot and the other crew members from the aircraft, establishing a perimeter which placed him and his fellow ranger in the most vulnerable position. SFC Shughart used his long range rifle and side arm to kill an undetermined number of attackers while traveling the perimeter, protecting the downed crew.

Both continued protective fire until they ran out of ammunition and were fatally wounded. Their actions saved the pilot's life.

Afterwards, the bodies of these two heroes were stripped and paraded through the streets and desecrated.

Why were we there? Do a search for 'Wag the Dog'.

LonesomeTriZ
02-27-2006, 06:15 PM
I thought they were a Delta Force snipers. I have read a couple of books about the battle and what led to it as well as the after math. Subjects not included in the movie. I only brought up that situation to illustrate how a loved one should honor there fallen family member.

firehart
02-27-2006, 06:35 PM
My respect and admiration goes out to all veterans. Living and deceased. They gave their heart and soul to protect our country and our way of life.

LonesomeTriZ
02-27-2006, 07:10 PM
I wish more people would. There are far too many Americans out there who take thier freedoms for granted.

trikezilla
02-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Oh, OK. I have seen Black Hawk Down, and after reading CorbinKales post I have heard a bit about it. I agree, thats how they should be remembered when they fall: with their loved one(s) backing up there cause and showing what is right...even if contrary to popular belief!!