PDA

View Full Version : TrikeFest Trike Raffle. The Official Thread.....

Howdy
02-18-2006, 02:17 AM
Ok after a much longer delay than excpected I have got some pictures of the Raffle Trike. It's a 1985 Honda 250es Big Red with a Hondaline Speedometer on it. This machine isn't a show piece, but with some work it could be. It runs and rides fine. I will get some video of it later.

Who can buy tickets? EVERYONE!! Friends, family, neighbors, co workers, ect. The winning Ticket will be drawn at TF2006 during the the Awards presentation.
You do not have to be present to win!! But you will be responcible for shipping if you need it shipped.
A cash option will be available as well. The cash option will be determined by the amount of tickets sold. The cash option will be up to 1/2 the Big Red's value. I personally think I can sell it locally for about $750-$800 as it is right now. So the cash option will be limited to no more than $375 -$400.

What's the raffle cost? The cost is $5 each or 5 for $20. All the proceeds from this raffle goes to help pay for Trikefest and web site cost.

What info do we need? Name, Location ( City, State or Country ), and your Phone number where you can be reached ( if your not at Trikefest ). If the winner of the raffle isn't present, then we will call you and let you know you won.
How do you get a ticket? Currently you can get tickets by sending the money to:
Robert Shively
c/o 3WW Raffle Trike
526 Hierholzer St
Celina, Ohio 45822
Another option is going to be via Paypal. I am still working on setting the account up for this. Give me a few days to a week for this to get finalized.

I have also sent out a few request to a couple other members to help in collecting moneies from the Ticket sales. I will add their info if they agree to help.

How it's going to work. I am currently working to get the actual tickets printed up. Until I get the tickets delivered, I will have a list of everyone that purchased tickets. Once the tickets arrive I will then write your name on the ticket and put it into the dish. If you wish to recieve a copy of the ticket via mail please add $.45 to cover the envelope and postage. As soon as I get the tickets and get your name on them I will send the stubs out ( if you cover the $.45 cost ). The $.45 cost is for as many ticket stubs sent to one address at a single time.

Please understand there has got to be some trust here. I'm doing this for Trikefest and the web site. I also want to state this right up front: I am not gaining a single cent from any of this. I am actually putting money out of my pocket to put this together, not to mention the cost of the 3 wheeler.

The basics of the raffle are in place now. I will update this as needed.
Thanks
Howdy

Howdy
02-18-2006, 02:19 AM
A few more pictures of it..
Howdy

TravEX
02-18-2006, 10:25 AM
That's GREAT!!! A chance to win a BIG RED!!!! Big props to Howdy for donating a trike!!!:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :beer :beer :beer :TrikesOwn :Bounce

chris200x
02-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Why don't you guys save yourselves all the trouble and just give the RED to me now. :lol: It sure is gonna look good sitting next to my sx. :naughty:

seadoo650
02-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Will you also be selling tickets at Trikefest up till the drawing?

Doors1024
02-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Ugg, a big red...
I want it!!
...I gotta buy some tix,

-rob G

Howdy
02-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Will you also be selling tickets at Trikefest up till the drawing?

VERY good question you ask there. Thanks!!! I totally forgot to add that info!!

Tickets can be purchased before and during Trikefest. I have plans to be at Haspin a day or 2 early, so I won't be able to get any mail or have access to paypal. So if you are buying Tickets but not going to Trikefest, then you MUST do so before June 3rd, 2006. After June 3rd, 2006 the ONLY way to get tickets will be to at Trikefest ( unless you see me or someone else that is selling them in person ).

Also, Buying Tickets are not limited to mail or Paypal. You can buy them from me in person as well. ;)

One question was ask via PM: What are you going to do if you only sell $100 worth of tickets? Simple: Give away the Big Red to the name on the winning ticket drawn.
FYI, It don't matter if we sell 5 tickets or 500 tickets, there will be a winner in this Trike Raffle. I have NOTHING to gain from it, so I am not worried about how many tickets are sold.

This Raffle was thought up as a way for Everyone to be able to help support Trikefest and the Web Site. What better way than to give everyone a chance at owning a Big Red.

Also, when you send / buy a ticket make sure to include your email address or forum username ( if you have one ). This way I can send you a email / PM confirming I got it.
HondaATC, TimSr, and a few others will have access to the complete list of people that have purchased tickets & how many. It will be updated as tickets are sold.
Thanks
Howdy

SpeedBump
02-18-2006, 03:14 PM
I will be buying some. Great idea. Hope PILES of tickets are sold. My $$$ will just be a donation, as I NEVER win ANYTHING!!!!! :w00t:

Kintore
02-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Yay! I finally find out what it is!

Now the wait is over, im just going to buy some tickets down there. Sweet trike, hopefully it goes to a good home like mine, err I mean someones home.

Chevy200s
02-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Thats awesome:w00t: I will definitly be buying a few of those. :TrikesOwn

atckowalski
02-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Gee, Where did you get such a good idea??????;) I thought it was an 85 250r though:cry:

Howdy
02-21-2006, 11:19 AM
Yay! I finally find out what it is!

Now the wait is over, im just going to buy some tickets down there. Sweet trike, hopefully it goes to a good home like mine, err I mean someones home.

You want to know the funniest part? I have had it posted on my About Me page on Ebay for a week before I started this thread. I did this to see if anyone read my about me page. I got my answer. lol

Gee, Where did you get such a good idea??????;) I thought it was an 85 250r though:cry:
The idea was kicked around a little in the past. HondaATC and myself had wanted to build one up just for Giving away at Trikefest. But it didn't happen ( cost was a big factor ). This year some things happened and everything fell into place. So we said Lets do it in a way that we can help Trikefest, the web site, and yet give the users a chance at getting something BIG in return. Not everyone can afford a Big Red, not everyone can even afford a Speedometer. But most everyone can afford a $5 ticket / Donation for a chance to Win and OWN Both.
Howdy

Howdy

Groundworx
02-22-2006, 08:54 AM
I bet you come close to hitting the cost of the Big Red in ticket sales. I will be buying some myself.

Dammit!
02-23-2006, 08:56 PM
I'll buy a few tickets when you get the paypal thing setup. If I win though, ask around at trikefest and see if anyone can drag it west for me. :lol:

Howdy
03-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Sorry for the delay!! The Paypal for tickets for the Raffle Trike is admins@3wheelerworld.com
Yes, we can accept Credit Card funded Paypal through this account.

Howdy

girlsride2
04-04-2006, 10:53 AM
I think these will sell like crazy at TF

Howdy
05-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Just a reminder here. If your not going to Trikefest, but you want a try winning the Big Red you still have about 2 - 2 1/2 weeks to get tickets ( by mail or Paypal ). After June 4th, 2006 you will need to be at Trikefest to get them.

If you have already bought tickets I will fill out the stub and then scan and email you the rest. ;)
Howdy

slothminx
05-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Did you get my money and PM?

Howdy
05-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Did you get my money and PM?

Yep, I got it and will be Pm'ing you the ticket recipts in a day or so.
Howdy

Klondike1020
06-03-2006, 09:24 PM
whats goin to happen with this raffle
since the legendary HOWDY
will be MIA for TF06!

Howdy
06-04-2006, 04:26 AM
whats goin to happen with this raffle
since the legendary HOWDY
will be MIA for TF06!

The raffle don't revolve around me. It's done for the site and there will be others to do the tickets if I'm not around at TF. So to answer your question: It will go on as planned.
Howdy

Howdy
06-04-2006, 01:38 PM
I was ask by a few people if it's too late to buy tickets before TF. The answer is NO, it's not too late. How ever I must have them before noon Wed. After that the only way to get tickets will be at Trkefest. I have to set a cut off time so I am sure to be able to get the tickets turned in before the drawing Saturday.

To Everyone that has purchased tickets via Paypal so far: THANKS!!!!!!! I have scanned the tickets uploaded them and sent you the links. Please save a copy of the tickets. I will be deleteing all the files Monday or Tuesday. ;)
Howdy

jeswinehart
01-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Lets see, in 2006 Farmer C won the 85 Bigred
2007 Florida 2 stroke won the sweet 84 200X
2008 the limited edition Blue Xmas ATC 125 went home with Corey Sprock
2009 Florida 2 stroke re-donated the sweet 85 200X and one of the cooks at Haspin Acres won it
(who was wanting to sell it to buy her a car and if I am not mistaken, Itrike now owns it)
And of course 2010 ! WAS the very FIRST time the annual 3wheelerworld fundraiser sold out of tickets with Muddogs restoration with a super nice 1985 Honda 350X. That fine machine was won by Dixie plow boys son.
Only 5 and a half more months before TrikeFest 2011 at Haspin Acres in Laural, Indiana.
oHHH the trikes, the people, the racing, the comradery, camp fire cooking, late night rides, tail gate parts for sale,,,, 3 wheelerworld gear, the raffle trike,,,, I could go on and on about the festivities + meeting new friends and seeing old ones and all that has to do with 3 wheelerworlds anual get together that is known as TRIKEFEST.
I am looking so forward to Fathers day because that is the day I start my packing to head down to Laural, Indiana.
Officially the week end after Fathers day is TrikeFest, but for many, it starts the day after Fathers day.

tapper190
01-08-2011, 06:44 AM
I can't believe how time goes by so fast! I'm sitting on the fence this year about going, we'll see as the date draws near. It is one event that I will never forget!
Tapper

jeswinehart
01-09-2011, 12:56 PM
113366I would like to see everybody there ! I am sure that would make national news if about 10,000 3ww members descended on Haspin Acres, kind of like a Woodstock or something :)
Oh yeah,,, by the way,,,

dcreel
01-09-2011, 01:07 PM
We are definitely going to try and make it this year..

hang&rattle
01-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Oh, my kids would just die if we can go. Things have been going so well for the last few months, and if they continue, this may be do-able. But it's quite a stretch. My trike friends are such an incentive though, and if not now, maybe next year. If I skip St. Anthony's and don't go overboard on the trike parts and such this spring (it'd be come as we are with what we got), & everything falls into place, this could happen (really thinkin'/hopin' this).

RoscoW
01-09-2011, 02:16 PM
John, when do we get a sneak peek of the raffle Tecate, I wanna see................

Ross..

thestud25
01-09-2011, 02:25 PM
We are definitely going to try and make it this year..
I am 99% sure that I am going. Pm me and maybe we can work some carpool or caravan out.

jeswinehart
01-09-2011, 08:50 PM
John, when do we get a sneak peek of the raffle Tecate, I wanna see................

Ross..

Yep, here you go Rosco. There has been some additional things done to this trike since this photo was taken. Notably a new front tire to match the rear hole shots.
I still have several small things to do but those can wait until spring.
I will update pictures when weather allows.

thestud25
01-10-2011, 03:52 PM
I will be buying several tickets this year!!!!!

jeswinehart
02-19-2011, 02:42 PM
117129117130117131A few more pictures with the new front tire on. I have several of Thurman off road goodies to bolt on it yet.

Cordachine
05-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Great looking bike!

atctim
05-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Great job on this bike. I will be buying lots of tickets as well!

250x
05-16-2011, 02:12 PM
ok im in, how do I buy tickets? how much are they?

playasridebmx
06-26-2011, 06:21 PM
who won the trike

matt3x
03-31-2012, 02:26 PM
Is there going to be a trike raffled off this year? Haven't heard anything yet.