PDA

View Full Version : Can You Believe How Many Crappy atc70's Have Been

88 Turbo Coupe
02-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Listed on Ebay. I won a 85 last week. When I got out of my truck I said "that can't be the one I just won". Talked to the seller before the auction ended, "yea yea yea, Its a real clean atc, always ridden on the driveway" (I like that one the best). There's more BS the seller told me too. Bottom line, I didn't accept it. Seller was cool about it. Even asked me to make him an offer. I didn't, did not want any part of it. Thats the shape it was in.
Today, saw another one. What a joke. Didn't even run right. Shift into 2nd and dies. Seller tells me "Oh, the shop said we should have put on a fuel filter, Must be somthing in the carb." GIVE ME A FRIGGEN BREAK. Says in auction just serviced by local cycle shop. I hope that wasn't true. POS for the money he wanted. It's incredible what the sellers want for somthing that is not worth it. I picked these 2 70's apart. Lots needs to be done to make em decent. 70 junk out there sorry to say.
Another good one is when you ask the seller questions and avoids some of the answers. That is a signal, buyer beware.

82300R
02-19-2006, 05:57 PM
i picked up my sons 85 70 when i went to pick up one of my 110's. i got it off the guy for 300.00 bucks cause of a loser deadbeat bidder. other than some child damage(minor fender issues) it is in real good shape. starts first crank, bearings tight. looked like the chain had never been adjusted, still had yellow paintstick on the masterlink. the original tank had been replaced with a plastic one due to rust. not to bad of a deal i think.

88 Turbo Coupe
02-19-2006, 08:05 PM
$300 sounds like a good deal. Here is the one I won item 4611615643. Here's the one I saw today. Item 4614809729, I offered $250 for it.

Orangecnty250r
02-19-2006, 08:07 PM
I havent looked but I would imagine that there would be a lot of mint 70's out there just becuase of who they were intended for. Is this not the case??

88 Turbo Coupe
02-19-2006, 08:29 PM
The last mint 85 70 I saw (other than the one on now) was last year. I believe it from GA. It went for $850 and had every piece of Honda liturature that was printed for it.

Vealmonkey
02-19-2006, 08:47 PM
I haven't seen many original mint 70s'. Kids abused them and most parents did not put alot of money into them for kids to tear up. Most were really trashed by kids that started into their teens. Most nice ones I've seen were redone in one form or another. And the rare ones to find here are the blue christmas giveaway 70s' from 1983 and suspension 70s'. Most all 70s' that aren't running when you go look at them are because of the points which are of course located under the flywheel. People seem to be too lazy or too cheap to go by the right tool to pull the flywheel.

danteross77
02-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Tell me about it, when I was looking for one for my youngest son I won one for $128 went to pick it up and it was pure crap, exhaust was rusted through, pull start housing there, nothing inside, exhaust flange stuck in head, had a go kart front tire with bolts for spacers, missing needle and slide and grab bar. I cannot beleive someone let there kid ride one with the front rime like that. The second one I won from a hearing impaired guy in dallas, total crap, bent forks, broke plastic, he tryed to steraighten the forks and lost the stem bearing, still put it back together to sell, cam and crank timing was way off, carb missing jets, went to check the points and the crank was all chewed up from some one using something other than the correct tool to remove it. I spent a small fortune trying to build him a good running bike, Then a few month later I won a atc 70 and trx 70 for $150 off of ebay, and they were actually in pretty good shape(No one had tinked with them yet) everything all original. just need new plastics.

82300R
02-20-2006, 12:06 AM
i guess i lucked out cause minor plastic damage was all that was wrong with mine.

88 Turbo Coupe
02-20-2006, 07:51 AM
Now I know why the seller is afraid to take close up pics of their 70. Because if he did, YOU WOULDN"T BUY IT!

88 Turbo Coupe
02-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Here you go "super rare 70" $900, Ebay item 4614574792. But wheres the pictures? Do you have somthing to hide?

88 Turbo Coupe
02-22-2006, 08:10 PM
I wouldn't want to be the one won buys one sight unseeen leaving the seller to describe it for him as "low hour", "mint", etc,etc. I would love to see the winners expression when he opens up the crate.LOL LOL