PDA

View Full Version : ebay safe harbor? look at this email

2strokepwer
02-22-2006, 03:22 AM
I got this in an email today under my old email address that I changed from 3 months ago. I don't understand this email or if it is a spoof email :wondering

here it is...

TKO NOTICE: Suspicious Activity.

For the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.

We regret to inform you that your eBay account could be suspended if you don't re-update your account information. To resolve this problems please use the link below and re-enter your account information. If your problems could not be resolved your account will be suspended for a period of 24 hours, after this period your account will be terminated. .
Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account. Please note that this suspension does not relieve you of your agreed-upon obligation to pay any fees you may owe to eBay.

To update your record please click here:
It is highly recommended that you right click on the link and select "Open in new window" option
as some mail clients will not allow you to proceed!
https://signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?OneTimePayment&ssPageName=h:h:sin:US

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you and we would like to thank you for your cooperation as we review this matter.

eBay will request personal data (password, credit card/bank numbers, and so on) in this email.

Thank you for using eBay!
www.ebay.com

danteross77
02-22-2006, 04:38 AM
It is a spoof, I get about 2 a month for the last few years. I hope everyone here takes this advice.

NEVER handle anything finacially through a link in a email. Close the browser open a new one and log in to the original web site. I take it a step further and even when I am finished with a transaction I close the browser and start a new one. Too many lazy bums trying to take advantage of honest people.

Mosh
02-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Yep, it's a spoof. If Ebay sends you an email it will also be in your "messages" on your Ebay page. If you are unsure, check your messages ONLY by logging into Ebay, never email.

grundlegrabber
02-23-2006, 01:43 AM
Forward it to spoof@ebay.com, and immediately delete the message. Do NOT enter in any personal info or your account will get hijacked!

RacerRichie
02-24-2006, 10:09 AM
um like its a spoof dude!lol