PDA

View Full Version : Are they trying to scam me????

Yamahauler
02-22-2006, 12:35 PM
I've got two weird emails lately, one from a guy named loozit. This was right after I sold my Z shrouds to a differant winning bidder. Anyway, his email was...

Hi!

I have sent you the payment for the product did you send my packege yet? How long will be the delivery?

Regards,

No item number or anything like that, I didnt recieve a payment from this guy either and I've never sold anythign to him.

Now I got another email from a member named "nyc" about item #6849235292 Which I looked up and its a computer, that he's not even selling. He was demanding a payment for it.

Hey are you going to buy the unit or not??? It appears to me that you're nothing but a fraud!! I'm reporting you to ebay !

I replied back to him saying I never bought a laptop from him, my names not on the history of buyers, and he's not even selling it.

What the hell is going on???:crazy:

RichinMO
02-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Those are both phishing emails, there is a link to log on, but it won't take you to ebay, it will take you to a fake sight and steal your info. You can forward them spoof@ebay.com and they are supposed to investigate them. BUT DO NOT click any link or REPLY.

Yamahauler
02-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Oh damn...I clicked reply...I did change my password right after i replied though, just to be safe.

RichinMO
02-22-2006, 05:06 PM
Replying isn't that bad, now they know that your account is active and the email address is good for future spam (unless you replied through ebay messages, then you should be alright)

TimSr
02-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Ive gotten a bunch of them. Did you reply via email, or through the ebay thing where you type in your screenname and password? If you did an email reply, it will just bounce back to you because the address that will show up is bogus, but if you did the "ebay" reply where you type in your screename and password, you need to change it immediately.

Any ebay "message from buyer" or "message from seller" will show their email when you hit "reply" in your email program as you can reply via direct email, or go through the ebay message system. Anopther thing to remember is that you have no option to message back through ebay if the auction has ended.