PDA

View Full Version : Need some IE help.

Kintore
02-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Well today I noticed a funny thing, you know how on your taskbar at the bottom it says what site your own ex."3wheelerworld forum"

For some reason mine doesnt do this, it will just say "3" and nothing else. Even says just "3" at the top on the blue bar.

It says the msn messanger fine so I know its a problem with IE. Anyone ever had this?

And its not a virues I did a full sweep today. I also cleared all cookies and files too.
Thanks alot, this is really bugging me.

DaMadman
02-22-2006, 05:08 PM
my guess is that you have the site bookmarked in your favorites and somehow that is what it is listed as. But that is just a guess.

Mine doesn't say anythig in the taskbar, and at the top it has 3wheeler word Forums at the top in the blue.

can you do a print screen and paste it into a JPG file and post a picture of what you are talking about?

Kintore
02-22-2006, 05:19 PM
I was just about going to do that. See how it says N? I dont get it!
And ive noticed the start of a thread is the letter, this thread starts with a N so its a N.

03 ORANGE SHEE
02-22-2006, 07:11 PM
i see the problem, dam green/black colors hurt my eyes!:lol:

MyMistress86R
02-22-2006, 09:47 PM
AHA!!! You've answered your own question, Kintore. I'll give you a hint...*shhhhh*...you're actually using Internet Explorer!!!

J/K Have you done any Microsoft updates lately? If so, that could be the problem...if not, that might fix the problem. So hard to tell with MicroSoft.

I would seriously consider trying a different browser all together. There are several free ones out there based on code that is much faster and more secure than IE could ever hope to be. Firefox is one example.

Hope this helps,
Todd

3 weelin geezer
02-23-2006, 03:07 PM
check your color scheme. Those letters may be the same as the rest of the title bar.

bigredhead
02-23-2006, 04:17 PM
You are seeing the N of " Need some IE help.- .. .. . "

Kintore
02-23-2006, 05:08 PM
Yah I get that BRH. Is there any way to change it so it goes back to normal?

Anyone?

bigredhead
02-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Try " Right click " on the desktop.. go to " Properties " and to go the " Appearance " tab.. select a default setting.. apply and try again.

Kintore
02-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Nothing. :(

bigredhead
02-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Try clicking on the " Maximise " button on the top right...

If you have another window on top of the browser.. the browser may not have refreshed itself properly and just blued out everything after the N.

Also.. try going into " Tools " and " Internet Options " and hit "Clear History" in IE

report back.

Kintore
02-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the help BRH, still nothing. :(

bigredhead
02-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Looking at the task bar on the bottom ( next to the START button ) there are other windows open.. the 2nd to 4th only seem to show the 1 st character of the title . Are they all IE windows ? ( the image is pretty blury so it's hard to tell )

Hmmm... i'm kinda stumped at the moment.. I bet i wake up at 4am and go.. WHoa... i wonder... lol....

If you go into your control panel and look under " Add Remove Programs " .. are there any progs installed on your system that should not be there ?

ex:

Gator
Dashbar..
.. ... .. ..

You know.. those that you select and hit add/remove and it just pops up a windows.. " Are you sure ? Yes No ".. without a regular un-install process..

bigredhead
02-23-2006, 11:38 PM
Bingo !

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=84457&st=0

Quote:

"I never even mentioned the Google Toolbar. But it was installed and the minute I removed it, the title appeared normally"

slothminx
02-24-2006, 09:14 AM
Woah!, seems you found it BRH. I tried some things last night with kintore via remote assitance. Ill guide him through doing that as soon as hes around.

:beer:

bigredhead
02-24-2006, 10:09 AM
What did the world ever do without google !!!! lol...