PDA

View Full Version : Any DRUMMERS on this site?

ATC crazy
03-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Am I the only drummer here? I know there is more of ya'll. ;) Well, I have a black, 6 peice '99 Pearl Export Series drumset, 7 Zildjian and Sabian cymbals, Double bass pedals, Metallica signature aluminum drumsticks, Roc 'n' Soc drum throne (like sittin' in a Cadillac) and about 5 Metallica books (Load, Reload, And Justice for All, Kill 'em All, and Ride the Lightening). I can play almost every song in all the books and all my friends are switching to guitars now ( :?: I guess the drums are too hard for them :D ) What do you guys have?

ATC crazy
03-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Anyone? I know Im not the only one...am I? Hello?

MountainRider
03-10-2003, 09:35 PM
I can't really say I "play" the drums. I used to, but I just play around a little bit now. Can't keep my son off them long enough!!!! I had a 1960's Ludwig kit with Zildjians until I got married the first time. I bought a Premier APK white wrapped kit and some crappy bottom of the line Paiste cymbols about 4 years ago for the kiddo (he was 11 then). Since then, I've replaced the Paiste's with Zildjian Z Custom ride and 18" crash, an A Custom 19" crash, elcheap-o 12" china trash, and 14" Z Custom hats and an extra A Custom Projection top hat, and added a double kick pedal. Garrett uses a variety of sticks, but I think his favorites are the Ahead aluminum sticks. Not sure which model. He just had to change the sleeves for the first time after about 6 months of use. Last summer he mowed enough lawns to buy a Yamaha kit. I sold the Premier shell kit to our church's youth pastor. He likes playing anything with a good heavy beat. Rock, Metal, Punk.

3WheelHouston
03-10-2003, 11:47 PM
I'm a drummer, but I play on my dad's set or one owned by the church. My dad's is an old (but sweet) 7 or 8 peice Tama set with Zildjian (sp?) cymbals.

Lots_Of_Nothing
03-11-2003, 12:21 AM
my brother's whole life is drums, thats all he does, right now he has a SONOR force, he jsut got it, he was playing on a pearl, he's been in alot of bands. and has been on a radio station down in maryland....his most recent band is calling "driving in circles"

ATC crazy
03-11-2003, 06:44 PM
My AHEAD aluminum sleeves are size LT but ST will also work on them. I have to replace mine every couple of weeks...shows how hard I play. The Paiste cymbal I had shattered about 8 months after i got it. I took it out and shot it w/ my 20ga. after that. Zildjian Z Customs are the way to go. They are made for hard hits from a rock band. My Sabians are the THIN kind and if I had known that I would've gotten the Zildjians...so Im taking it easy on them for the time being.
Sucks that everyone I know is switching to the guitar. :(
Keep rockin along guys ;)

MountainRider
03-11-2003, 07:27 PM
Don't be too rough on the Z customs ATC Crazy, THEY WILL CRACK!!!! I had to replace the top hat Exactly 12 months and 1 day after I bought it. If it had cracked a day earlier, it would have still been under warranty. Dang the luck!!!!

Keep kickin' em dude!!

ATC crazy
03-12-2003, 04:52 PM
Don't be too rough on the Z customs ATC Crazy, THEY WILL CRACK!!!!

I know. I was just sayin that they will take more abuse than the ones I have now. Its not like I stand up and whail on 'em. :D anyways........Keep rockin 'er