PDA

View Full Version : Problems with shipping to the UK

Jason T
02-24-2006, 08:31 AM
Hi,
I need some new tyres for my 350x, so I had a look on ebay and 4808Dennis had an OEM set of rears for sale. I e-mailed him, asking if he would ship to the UK, which he said he would. I hit the BIN ($130) and e-mailed asking or a total including the shipping. He e-mailed back asking or $180, which I paid straight away. I then got another e-mail a couple of days later asking or a further $250 to ship them!!!:crazy:
I've had tyres shipped over before and it should cost about $50-$60:wondering
He has said I can have my money back, but I really want original tyres, which you can't get over here!!:(
Can anyone with experience of shipping to the UK help me out?I could get them shipped to someone, and then if they could send them to me that would be great:beer I'm not in a rush for them, if they have to be shipped by boat I don't mind!!!:TrikesOwn

Thanks or the help

Jason T

x.system
02-24-2006, 09:53 AM
I ship to the UK alot, if you want to have them shipped to me I will forward them at cost but Rangerover should be able to do the same thing for you. It only takes 5 minutes to fill out the customs forms. I can't remember what the last set cost me to ship but I know you are in the right price range.

Jim

Jason T
02-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Hi Jim,
Thanks very much for the offer, Howdy beat you to it!!:)

Jason T

wad
12-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Some bloke would not even post me a poster!!!!

snakemaster
12-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Hi Jason $250 hes taking the piss you could fly over there and pick them up for that price , got my tyres over for the 350x and it was $60 , there should be a list of guys on hear that sell stuff on ebay that would ship to the UK at real prices , cos i would buy from them , some pop on ebay just **Do not type around the word filters ** you of when you want the goods shipped to the UK , I always get a shipping price before i bid

hancadam
12-29-2007, 08:48 PM
USPS air mail is the cheapest. I tried to ship a fairly large package with UPS and it was $230, but with USPS it was $60.

petesatc
12-30-2007, 07:02 AM
Yeh shipping has changed to UK in the last few months...there's no more surface mail now from the US it's all air...which is good in a way but for the big and heavy items can be a nightmare...just bought a engine which USPS couldn't ship because it was too heavy and just bought a rear fender which was 2" to big and now that's going to have to come UPS.....