PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Senate Bill 1830

okieRrider
03-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Hey guys I have been keeping up with what has been goin on with the SB 1830. I was reading the new Thunder Roads magazine and the Oklahoma ABATE had their legislative breakfast, during the event the ABATE political director called an emergency meeting. They were all informed of the SB 1830. They were also told that a member of the Oklahoma State Department of Health is so adament about the passage of this bill that he has threatened to stir up support for a universal mandatory helmet law if they help defeat this bill.
All of the ABATE members and the other folks attending the breakfast was in a unanimous decision to have a Freedom Rally at the Capitol. This rally will be held at the State Capitol on Wed. March 15. They are going to meet at 7:30 AM in the south parking lot of the Capitol and will go in to the Capitol at 8:00 AM as a group.
This is the bill that ban any child 12 and under from operating or even riding on an atv. If you can be there please do to help oppose this bill.
Chris

Groundworx
03-03-2006, 07:49 PM
I didn't hear that. I am telling you, this bill is getting out of control. Everytime I go out riding, I talk to other riders at the area about the bill. Suprisingly, most everyone has been keeping up with it as well and are strongly against it. I am glad I am not the only one that is extremely against this. From what I can see, if most of the riders in Oklahoma actually go vote, this bill has no chance of passing.

Groundworx
04-12-2006, 08:16 AM
Has anyone heard anymore on this? I haven't really been watching the news lately...

okieRrider
04-12-2006, 02:42 PM
From what I have heard the 12 and under ban has ben removed from the bill....but can be as easily put back on

Groundworx
04-14-2006, 10:05 PM
I guess that is good, but now what is the point of the bill. Just helmet enforcment? Nothing good at all is going to come out of it. Just like they can put the 12 and under ban back in, they can probably also add other restrictions..