PDA

View Full Version : Any Guitar Players On The Forum?

Yamaha Tri-Moto
03-02-2006, 01:40 AM
Just wondering how many guitar players are on the forum? Anyone in any bands? What kinda music you play? What kinda rigs you have? I play mostly early metal and classic rock, but am not currently in a band. My current set-up is a Gibson sg (signature angus young humbucker) B.C Rich assassin, Gibson Explorer with EMG's and a strat copy and am using a 100Watt marshall half stack with a 4X12 cab.

Pistonhead
03-02-2006, 02:03 AM
I play every single day without exception man. I'm in a progressive metal/hard rock band with 4 other guys and in a Thrash/Death/Grindcore band with my brother and another guitarist and the drummer form my other band. I play bass and "sing" (metal vocals) in both bands. I also play guitar pretty well.

My main rig is a Fender American Jazz Bass 24 Custom (hipshot tuners, seymour duncans, 2 way bridge, unfinished maple neck) and a Peavey TNT amp, that is my thundering beast of bass rig that can knock stuff of the walls 4 houses down (we got 24 calls one night:lol: )

I also own and regularily play an old Hartke 24 fret bass and practice amp and an Ibanez artcore hollowbody (way cool guitar). I also have an old acoustic 6 string, my brother has 4 guitars (very nice ones too).

I'm playing a battle of the bands with my progressive metal band this month, we're saluting Iron Maiden with covers of "The Trooper" and "The Number of the Beast" as well as some of our own stuff. Its gonna be a hell of a show!!!!

I'll post pics of my gear tommorow.

Pistonhead
03-02-2006, 02:06 AM
Its seriously a disease, if I'm not in axe music with a wad of 50's coming out of my hands on the 2nd or 3rd weekend of any month they start to get worried. I've spent over 1600 there in the past 2 months!!:cool:

New2ATC
03-02-2006, 02:57 AM
I picked up guitar a little while ago, and also am learning bass (id say im allright), I am not in a band but wouldnt mind joining one in the future after I learn a little more. I have a Peavey bass guitar right now, with an old yamaha or something amp, with another 8" woofer hooked up to it, and I also play nirvana like music on my old 6 string (running on 4 strings for now) which is a Mach 1 series guitar, with one pickup. Ill get pics tomarrow aswell.

Russell 350X
03-02-2006, 09:19 AM
I play metal (or try to anyway, I suck) such as Metallica, Lamb of God (easier songs lol) and such. I play a ESP F-50 with GHS Boomers 56-13's, tuned to C sharp. I used to have a Krammer with the wammy bar, but I sold that because it wont stay in tune. I play on a little Peavy Rage158 practice amp, I think its like a 15watt with a Ibanez pedel. I'm not in any bands, because I suck to much lol. I'll post pics of my gear later.

Russ

Yamaha Tri-Moto
03-02-2006, 10:36 AM
cool guys, love to see pics of you gear.

NewOldSchool
03-02-2006, 11:40 AM
i play every once in a while. I'll play any thing from country to death metal. fun stuff!

Wickedfinger
03-02-2006, 12:30 PM
25 yrs and counting. Glad to see another SG man. My current main fiddle is a SG '61 re-issue but I also have an '88 SG-90 Double that came stock with a Steinberger trem (I've since switched to a Kahler Vindicator) that I ordered back in the day from Gibson. Other electrics include a Les Paul DC+, a Studio and a Special and I have a US made Peavey Firenza with P90s, that I bought for pennies because I wanted something with P90s for slide. For acustics I have a '66 Epiphone Texan, a gorgeous late '90's Ibanez AEF500 in flame maple and tobaco sunburst and a '79 US made Washburn D12. I'm pretty much a Laney man, and I have a TFX300 120 watt with a Custom built Eminence extension cab that I plug into it. I also have an ancient 60watt Sano tube twin and an old Crate G212. I don't use too many effects, but I have my trusty Jim Dunlap Craybaby wah and a Digitec Hotrod pedal. I pretty much use the excellent onboard effects suite built into the Laney though for sound. I buy and sell guitars just like ATV's - so you never really know what you'll find at my house :cool: I just took this pic of a couple of the guitars. (yes the SG-90 is cross strung - trying to get rid of a slight twist.)

kb200x
03-02-2006, 04:13 PM
I have a few. Lets see. I have a Alvarez silver anniversary edition electric acoustic. a Seagull S6 cedar top. I have an old classical guitar that i cant remeber the brand. A fender strat, a washburn accoustic and several other acoustics. Im more into the acoustic than the electric. I play the old classical as much as any of them. :beer I guess I am getting old? :wondering

Dammit!
03-03-2006, 12:26 AM
http://www.myspace.com/dougnotter

My old drummer put that up. I don't even have the password but you can check out a couple old songs of mine on there.

Russell 350X
03-03-2006, 12:57 AM
Here is my F-50 and Peavy Amp.

Yamaha Tri-Moto
03-03-2006, 01:37 AM
Hey patrickbarclay i have that exact same pedal, it puts out some pretty good tube tones. Heres Some of my gear.

http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/x1ppUPyqopddk7krjxJgrDzGB0XKT0g1Csl8VhNUCUjFSDf6Gj BBkMR6pGMCUXF1q0RoeCv6CHLOoJV7eaZT_rcKDjhV0Vx2XORv BrQISNL1rnQLxZ7HowLp5FKj_4XJa6-ss8jFJTaWAnPWhX-DFDspQ
http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/x1ppUPyqopddk7krjxJgrDzGB0XKT0g1Csl8VhNUCUjFSAGCyj SbSfV6s4i9jTvEuE1C1I8G-YywiertSy-nqv7gZJP3Ow8hXUHn5lJOr-b7nrwS8tf9daezIis-gv87ZOQAb_8Lc4EvquCeNC2J-Apyg
http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/x1ppUPyqopddk7krjxJgrDzGB0XKT0g1Csl8VhNUCUjFSDmnIo NlMitwmxzjSRRO8RYKkPBQMdJV9Fp9rrC9NZVrtztaqxJGiX35 DyTuyePHUJailclGRoknCZkjmO65cEn0wBxXshBFsva_7IWhyt VzQ