PDA

View Full Version : BOHICA! CPSC is on the hunt, again...

CorbinKale
03-02-2006, 02:27 PM
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml06/06004.html

The above link gives notice of the upcoming witch hunt for ATVs.

http://www.cpsc.gov/library/foia/foia05/brief/atv2004.pdf

This one is the report the witch hunt will be based on. Notice that in all their data, they never once consider human error, such as failure to wear safety gear, intoxication, excessive speed or if a fatality had a history of death defying incidents. :lol:

Bottom line? Get ready for more rules and regulations on ATVs.

250r'en +TCB
03-02-2006, 02:38 PM
this is *** rediculous!!!!! Who the heck do they think they are!?!?!?! Obviously as ATV popularity and population increases there will be more deaths!!! Like corbinKale said, they nedlect to mention human error (which it almost always is) or intoxification, or failure to wear safty gear!!!
I'm e-mailing those pieces of crap!!! I will be very polite and such in my letter though of coarse..... I encourage EVERYONE at 3WW to do the same!!!

atctim
03-02-2006, 04:23 PM
I have heard from the parents and other family members of children who have died while operating ATVs about their shock at just how powerful and unpredictable these machines can be, especially when operated by inexperienced riders.

My brother snuck into a Naval Base and stole a Jet airplane, upon takeoff, he crashed it into the ground and was killed. I am in shock at just how powerful and unpredictable these machines can be, especially when operated by inexperienced pilots.

DUH - inexperience it the key word here people.....are these people at the commission so stupid that they post someting like this for everyone to read. I mean think about it and how the story about my brother relate....

And what d othey mean by "unpredictable"? I was riding my four wheeler, and all of the sudden it just jumped like 40' in the air, and flung me off like a wild stallion!!!! They aren't unpredicable, as a matter of fact, I find that they are very preditable, you ride outside your limits, you are gonna get hurt or killed.....so why the ban? I think Howdy's signature says it best:
" My advice: Remove all the warning labels and let nature take care of the stupid people."

This makes me so mad - People are STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!

250r'en +TCB
03-02-2006, 10:54 PM
UNPREDICTABLE
How the*** can you use that word??? They are machines!! they do what they are told!!! It's not like a horse!!! It gets spooked and desides to book it off into the woods full bore.....Why dosn't the CPSC ban horses???

edog
03-02-2006, 11:38 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Russell 350X
03-03-2006, 09:24 AM
This is bullshit. Never had I had a accident due to the faulty design, it was due to my inexperience and stupidity, it has never been the machines fault. This people a freakin idiots, pisses me off so freakin bad. Hopefully this crap dont pass, its ridiculose(sp?)

Russ (in a rage :mad: )

crackshot
03-03-2006, 09:41 AM
What a bunch of retards.
How come they don't go after automobiles? They cause more deaths every year than any ATV's.
Here we go again...

ChrisD
03-04-2006, 12:52 PM
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN KENTUCKY?!?!?! 182 deaths from 1982 to 2001 the 106 happened in the past 4 years? Was there a freight train that ran over an ATV poker run or something?

wheelie king
03-04-2006, 04:11 PM
I say we BAN hammers. I think they are dangerous as hell.

Yes, my ATVs are extremely unpredictable. They just ride around the yard until I can jump on one of them and hang on.......:lol: :lol:

It is amazing how these inanimate objects are so "dangerous". Until we hold ourselves (meaning humans in general) RESPONSIBLE and ACCOUNTABLE for OUR OWN ACTIONS, there will always be these rediculous arguments.

firehart
03-04-2006, 04:40 PM
You would be suprised how many ATV's get loose off their chains and attack people. Why just last week someone had one in the back of their pickup and it jumped out and mauled a small child and a pregnant woman.