PDA

View Full Version : wreck about 20 mile from here

corndawg
03-02-2006, 11:49 PM
a dakota pulled out in front of a semi, the semi hit the truck, swerved and ramped into the lake, the semi driver walked away, the kid in the truck is in intensive care

corndawg
03-02-2006, 11:52 PM
well the rest of the images were too large to be posted, go to the link and click on slide show to see the rest of the pics
http://wsal.com/news.html

750fl
03-03-2006, 12:03 AM
wow that person in the dakota is pretty retarded. He is also lucky that he only hurt himself and no one else

250r'en +TCB
03-03-2006, 12:35 AM
People get way to comfortable around semi's on the road. They treat them like just another car....... When you have 60+ tons moving 40mph+, they can't stop on a dime. My dad drove a fuel tanker back in the 70's, he tells me stories that make you realize how much it takes to slow one down, never mind stop one......
Here's a great story: He's pulling out of a truck stop, with 50tons of fuel (full load). Then he feels a "bump". Like he hit a pot hole or something. Not even enough of a shudder to spill a full cup o coffee.... So he gets out and see's a small car half crushed underneath the rear tires!!! they genious drove to fast I guess. The entire hood of the car was about a foot off the ground!!! The truck tires passes right in front of the drivers seat. If that guy had bean a couple more feet forward he would have been a pankake, like the rest of his car....

I just want to remind people that semi's are really frieght trains on the road. Don't take them lightly or try and play "chicken" with them, you will loose. Remember they have at LEAST 50,000lbs to back them up in the event of a crash!!!

trikes4life
03-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Is that the one in new york. That is near me some where.

73coupe
03-03-2006, 12:49 PM
My Dad is a truck driver in 30 years of driving he's never caused an accident but has been in several
a drunk driver ran into the rear of his trailer and was drug for 1 mile all my dad felt was a slight shudder thought a spring had broke on the trailer

a dakota tried to force his way in front after kncoking several orange barrels around he was in front ,but side ways then rolled several times at 45+mph shot into the median and hit 3 trees ,he lived but was in intensive care for 3 weeks

a woman in Gerogia ran a red light clipped the front bumpper of the Rig with her rear bumper her car was ripped in half she had no insurance and no liscense

3 weeks later same woman same intersection this time she didn't live

In all those wrecks most damage to the Semi was a little busted plastic and chipped paint

YAMAHA_Jim
03-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Thats a bad one. The worst truck accidents I see are always while driving to and from Trikefest. The worst one I seen, You couldnt even tell it was a semi anymore.The truck and trailer were totally blown apart almost like a bomb went off inside it. The cab and engine were no longer attatched to the frame.Dont know if the driver lived or not. The mess was being cleaned up when I drove past.
I always try to give semi trucks more room then they need and try to stay out of thier blind spots. I will say some of the drivers are a-holes and could care less if they flatten you out but only a few are like that.

Iwantatrike
03-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Wow thats a bad accident.

Jeffro33
03-03-2006, 07:23 PM
I dive a commercial/ company truck and talk with a lot of the truckers out there on CB's. All I can say is don't piss a trucker off. We have boxed people in that were speeding and swerving in and out of traffic then start going 30 mph. On the interstates we take car of each other. Piss us off we will not be the ones whinning.:D

400exXx
03-04-2006, 11:01 AM
damn....that really sucks. how long did it take to get the truck out?