PDA

View Full Version : Jeep wrangler

yyz4208@aol.com
03-03-2006, 06:04 PM
who on here had or had a jeep wrangler. I am looking buying a 92 wrangler whats the good bad and ugly about the wrangler

200xman
03-04-2006, 08:49 AM
They are good little toys. I had a 91 with the 4.0 EFI motor and an auto and it ran great with 150000 miles on it. I just picked up an 88 with the 2.5 EFI and a stick with 76000 original on it to play with for the summer. The body tubs are galvanized so you don't have the rust problems like the older CJ's. The one thing I will tell you is not to trust the gas gauge. Most of the Jeeps that I have owned read a 1/4 tank on the gauge when they really are empty. Two good places for parts are Quadratec and 4 Wheel Drive Hardware. They both carry tons of replacement and aftermarket parts. I dont have any pics on my computer of my 91 but here is a 73 CJ-5 that I had down to the frame and redid with a fiberglass body etc.

Vealmonkey
03-04-2006, 12:21 PM
I had a wrangler, it was a blast. I liked the soft top in the summer, but going down the beltway you could hardly hear the stereo with the soft top flapping in the breeze. They are not the most secure of vehicles. Very easy to break into. And when people seem to break into them, they always cut the soft top open. All it takes is a few snaps and zippers and the whole soft top comes off, but they cut the top anyway. After I bought a house, the jeep just wasn't practical anymore and I bought a truck instead. I miss the ol' wrangler sometimes though, very fun in the summer and in the backwoods and the snow, at least here in Maryland. Oh, I almost forgot, the ride is a little choppy unless the get the reverse shackle kit.

G-MAN-1
03-04-2006, 10:11 PM
i have a 1993 jeep wrangler. red.black hard top. also same as mine the gas gauge does not read right.1/4 tamk is empty mine has a 4cyl,5spd. body is mint. just put over 1400 buxx into it within last 3 months, new clutch system,starter,alt.etc. its a ok vehicle. but my theory is its not a highway vehicle.

yyz4208@aol.com
03-05-2006, 12:12 PM
Im just looking for something to have some fun with. The one I am goign to pick up needs a fuel sending unit and theres small crack on the frame also has the 2.5 with new trans

G-MAN-1
03-05-2006, 08:29 PM
wheres the crack on the frame.?

Rm250RF900R
03-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Theres a CJ7 down the street for me. Its called "the beast". I believe it was some kind of package you could order back in the day. I wish I had the money, I'd knock on the guys door and buy it.

yyz4208@aol.com
03-06-2006, 02:18 PM
well I drove out yesterday to pick it up it has two frame cracks both near body mounts in the middle of the frame and the frame has had prior repairs I couldnt pay $700 for it after seeing that and it not running