PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma needs our help

smokinwrench
03-04-2006, 02:00 AM
Oklahoma is on the verge of passing a terrible law. It would make helmets mandatory (helmets I can live with) and also make it illegal for any kids under 12 to ride atv's. If you could please copy and paste this letter and email it to a few of these senators.

Thank You

Title: Senate Bill 1830

This bill will deny my family the right to participate
in our preferred family recreation. Families should be
free to decide what to do in their spare time and
parents must have discretion over the type of
recreation in which their children participate.

I believe that rider education is the best approach to
the long-term reduction of ATV-related injuries and
fatalities. Rider education promotes the use of safety
equipment, safe riding and improves rider skill.

I am concerned about ATV safety, but the safety of
motorized recreation can be enhanced without making
the participation of young persons a crime.

I respectfully request that you oppose SB 1830.

Thank you for hearing from a concerned parent, and
very frequent tourist of your great state.

Link to Senators:

http://www.oksenate.gov/Senators/directoryalpha.htm

If everyone on this site would take the time to copy and paste this letter to 4-5 senators I'm sure this law will never go into effect.

Thanks
Josh

CorbinKale
03-04-2006, 12:38 PM
I sent it to the last 5 on the list. The jerks made it so you can't copy/paste their email addresses. It takes about 4 minutes to do this. Little Sahara is impacted by this bill!

Get on it guys. Make your voices heard now when we can win easily! Will you complain about bad laws when you did nothing to stop them? If the people who care about this issue sit quietly, the people who think they know what is best for us will ruin our recreation "for our own good". Stop them!

...or do nothing. Then wonder why you have no place to ride, someday, knowing that you did nothing when it was time to fight. Make the politicians bend to our will, or they will make us bend to their's!