PDA

View Full Version : Dude where is my username?

BIG RED
10-09-2002, 12:53 AM
OK, I have to confess I havent been on the forum since
it changed. NOW my username BIG RED is taken???
Whats with that!? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ATCRYDER
10-09-2002, 07:19 AM
you can still use it:

youre password would be 3wheelerworld

Howdy
10-09-2002, 07:40 AM
Ryder that is incorrect information. Sorry but it's just plain wrong.

Big Red: You got mail.

10-09-2002, 05:12 PM
uhhh, OK, Howdy............didnt you say everyones new password would be "3wheelerworld" if they were added to the user list?...I believe you did.

Billy Golightly
10-09-2002, 06:54 PM
Yes, but it appears someone else has already gotten that name and used a new password, thats the problem. I think Howdy is working on things now.

Howdy
10-10-2002, 08:40 AM
Ryder, WTF are you talking about???? Please show me where I said I would use "3wheelerworld" as the password.
I NEVER said it and if you ask anyone that has gotten a Temporary password from me if they even got one remotely close to that. Want a list of people to ask????

For the record: I have dished out 10-20 temporary passwords, everybody that request one gets a different password no 2 passwords have been the same, nor will they ever be the same. Having one password for everyone would be totally foolish.

The reason First Big Red couldn't get signed in as Big Red is because the password got corupted during the switch from EZBoard, the same as many other usernames had done. I did assign a temporary password to that username and then just deleted it all together. I then went and changed "First Big Red" username to "Big Red". In the end Big Red got his username he wanted.

Changing Usernames is a pain in my arse. This is why I said to e-mail me and I would assign a temporary password ( it is easier for me ). It's in plain english and stickied on the top of most forums.

I hope this clears this whole mess up.

Big Red83
10-10-2002, 10:48 AM
I tihnk that the name Big Red needs to be retierd. lol thers like 10 different big reds on here

ATCRYDER
10-10-2002, 01:34 PM
well now I regret even trying to help the guy out.

I think you did say that somewhere, Howdy, I believe it was in the email that everyone got when the boards switched over.

Obviously it doesnt matter anymore so Im gonna turn the 4th grade argument mode switch off and continue on my way.

Howdy
10-10-2002, 02:50 PM
Your still wrong. I never sent the mass e-mail out. I personally never said it. That is 100% fact!!
The end.

RichinMO
10-11-2002, 02:12 PM
I believe this is what ryder is talking about, the note at the top of the old board. I know when I came here for the first time, I logged in with 3wheelerworld and then went to profile and changed it.

Dear Members of 3WHeeLeR WoRLD,

The 3WW Team is proud to announce the opening of our brand new forum, hosted on its very own server with its own Domain name! We have tried to import all names from the current board, but unfortunately if you haven't posted a message in the last 2-3 months your name didn't make it. Also if you just registered today it will be necessary for you to re-register to use the new board. If you have posted in the last 2-3 months, please login with your current name and your special password: "3wheelerworld" (Without the quotation marks). Once you login please go to your preferences, or "Profile" and provide us with a current working email address and change your password so that the new board will be able to function properly. Once you’re to your Preferences you can also change the theme of the board to your choice out of 3 different ones. The Default one is SubSilver, but I would recommend "Coldsteel" or "SubBlack3d".

ATCRYDER
10-11-2002, 08:06 PM
YES...thank you, Rich ;0)

Howdy
10-11-2002, 11:06 PM
But who sent it? Ryder said I said it. I never said it. I didn't send the mass e-mail out. That was my point.

10-12-2002, 08:57 AM
1. Either way! Thats how I udnerstood it--everyoens pass was gonna be 3wheelerworld

2. IT DOESNT MATTER!!!

10-16-2002, 09:39 PM
This is the sender> gridiron@atlantic.net < :!: :!: