PDA

View Full Version : is it just me....

03 ORANGE SHEE
03-06-2006, 09:08 PM
or is alot of users of this site getting longer and longer signatures?
i mean like half the ones i see are parts for sale(PM IF YOU NEED THIS), some are baseball cards and car parts, WTF???:lol:

Cody
03-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Yea, edog! LOL. J/K man :lol:

Billy Golightly
03-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Indeed. The large images are getting annoying too. I'm almost ready to turn off the ability for images to be displayed in signatures or turn them off all together.

chris200x
03-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Agreed. I don't need to see cats or what wattage light bulb you run on your 250r...along with what air filter and lugnuts... wtf?

edog
03-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Mine is alot smaller than it used to be.Honda ATC asked me to resize it,and I did.What can I do to help?

03 ORANGE SHEE
03-06-2006, 09:30 PM
cody hit the nail on the head!!!:lol:
i forgot about that cat one!!:lol:

BigGreenMachine
03-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Its not that bad. I'm always visiting a local forum that lately has been getting bombarded by new members that are mainly snot nosed little punks posting useless *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* everywhere. Its quite annoying trying to read the usefull stuff while some 14yr old kid craps on his buddies sled or picks apart someones for sale post by saying how beat the bike/car/whatever looks. Don't see that here, and with such a huge forum to boot.

James

03 ORANGE SHEE
03-06-2006, 09:35 PM
why im on the hunt..and since tri-brian isnt in here any more..:lol: who is the biggest post whore in here??:wondering

BigGreenMachine
03-06-2006, 09:38 PM
I remember a fella with over 5000 posts in about 2 years? What ever happened to Brian and SSGoku?

edog
03-06-2006, 09:41 PM
I would say I am work in progress.But not quite there yet.:lol:

Howdy
03-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Mine is alot smaller than it used to be.Honda ATC asked me to resize it,and I did.What can I do to help?

Use standard size letters / numbers. Using larger letters and numbers to me is the same as having a Big picture. Compare yours with mine. You can see a major difference.

Another option is to put the users with big signatures on your ignore list. Then you don't have to look at their postings any more. This is VERY effective to avoid users with long or large signatures.

Howdy

Yamahauler
03-06-2006, 09:51 PM
I guess mine must be small enough, its smaller than yours shee! I made mine the smallest font I could. Theres someone on here that has a list of every mod on their bike and it takes up about half my screen. I hate when people make the font bigger than the normal size too

Kintore
03-06-2006, 11:35 PM
I guess I should resize mine, give me a day. :lol:

EDIT, or give me like a minute. I sorta like this anyways. Nice and small, that should be ok right?

Howdy
03-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Edog & Kintore: Your signatures look real good now. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
They actually made mine look huge, so I changed to smallest font available as well.

FYI, I think we are on to something here. What might that be? By using the smallest font you can put more info into your signature and still have it to where it's NOT annoying to everone else.
Howdy

ScottZJ
03-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Well as far as those that have pics in their sig, you could set them up as a very small thumbnail, then once you click on it, it gets bigger. That way the pic size wouldnt matter since its a thumb.

200xcellent
03-07-2006, 10:41 AM
I just set my UCP so it doesnt show pics in signatures, just the links. Same with pictures in posts. Dial up has got to do what its got to do.

Yamahauler
03-07-2006, 01:31 PM
While were on the topic of complaining about stuff, can you make it so it is only possible to make one new thread per minute, just like the PM's? That way people wont make double threads in clasifieds

DeePa
03-07-2006, 01:42 PM
on some paintball forums i used to visit, there used be a an inch limit on sig size...i also think that somewhere in your user cp you can turn them off if you dont like them...

Howdy
03-07-2006, 07:06 PM
While were on the topic of complaining about stuff, can you make it so it is only possible to make one new thread per minute, just like the PM's? That way people wont make double threads in clasifieds

I checked the settings and it is set at 60 seconds between postings. I know this isn't working properly though. I will look into this and see what the problem might be.

I am pretty sure we do have to option of turning off signatures for each user. This could be used for the worst abusers. ;)

Howdy

slothminx
03-07-2006, 07:14 PM
I gave mine a bit of a shink too, Thinking about it..... mine was a little large

Banage
03-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Well as far as those that have pics in their sig, you could set them up as a very small thumbnail, then once you click on it, it gets bigger. That way the pic size wouldnt matter since its a thumb.

\

I agree with this, but i think the sig should only be for what you have, not for sale stuff or just for fun stuff.

85 250sx
03-07-2006, 09:29 PM
haahaha yeah i think thats really anoying also especialy that damn cat! lol o was even thinking about mentioning it to him but didnt want to piss em off haha. do people actualy think we read there signatures? ha i know i dont the only thing they do is make me take .2 of a second longer to get to the next post. i wouldnt mind getting rid of them all together. if you want to show your tike thats what the avatar is for. just my $.02

Kintore
03-08-2006, 04:58 PM
EDIT! Once again im smaller with a new sig :)

3Razors
03-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Just keep the signature simple :). No need for a saga. lol

RedRider_AK
03-09-2006, 06:58 PM
That's why I don't HAVE a signature.

ATC crazy
03-11-2006, 08:14 PM
I dont even remember what's in mine....

-EDIT- Oh yea...I need to change it. The Slowman 450 is going to be SOLD here in a month or so :w00t:

chris200x
03-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Hmm, good point there atc crazy. Is it really necessary for folks to have a long list of rides that have a (-SOLD) after them. if that was the case it would take half a day to download a webpage if your on dial-up.

trikezilla
03-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Yep, I de-supersized my sig too.....ALOT!

Dammit!
03-12-2006, 12:23 PM
I've always tried to keep my sig pics reasonably sized. I like using them because they help me spot my posts in long threads. :)

As for text, I just use hyperlinks to posts with all the info. Works for me. I don't get why some people feel the need to put everything they own in their sig even when it's not a trike or every last mod and sticker on their trike.

I just switched to the minimum font size too. I actually like that better.

Oldshell4481
03-14-2006, 11:24 PM
haha dammit has killer sig pics, i hate when people list the entire mod list on each one of their 10 trikes.

RedRider_AK
03-22-2006, 05:04 PM
haha dammit has killer sig pics, i hate when people list the entire mod list on each one of their 10 trikes.

And they include every single part of mechanical equipment they frigging own in the sig: "230 Quadsport swingarm, 250R connecting rod, etc etc etc"
:lol: :lol:

LonesomeTriZ
03-22-2006, 05:47 PM
I think it is cool to see what a member has. That is why I have a list of my machines in my signature. I am not trying to brag or make it complicated by listing all thier mods. I think it is good because if you see some one else has the same machine(s) as you and you have questions, you know that rider would most likley be a good scource for information.

However, I am very giulty of not updating my signature. It is well out of date.