PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Tecate-4 Question?

going4broketecate85
03-09-2006, 01:04 AM
How much is an 1988 Tecate worth? The one I am looking at has a 330 big bore kit in it, fmf exhaust, new wheels and tires, maier plastic, no head light, I think stock suspension and swingarm and axle! All bushings and bearings seem good and is very fast and starts right up!! Oh ya, and it would be a good addition to my Tecate collection! Thats all I can think of right now, any thoughts of how much would be a good price??? Thanks:beer

peeweesp
03-09-2006, 06:34 PM
any pictures of the beast? it sounds pretty nice? not really sure on a price though...

BigGreenMachine
03-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Lowball the seller and see the reaction you get. The 330 kit and stock swingarm make an interesting combo.

Pics would help to give a fair price.

going4broketecate85
03-10-2006, 02:07 AM
Sorry no pics of it yet but, I know this guy, he lived next to me for a couple of years and owns an atv shop(This is the guy that I buy parts from!). And the story goes that this guy traded him a 400ex for this 330 T-4 1988 with white plastic, nice! He knows that I like Tecates and called me right up and told me all about it! So I went and looked at it today and it is a nice bike but he has a couple of buddys that think this thing is worth $4000 and he shot me a price lower than that but his buddy's told him that he could get $4000 for it on E-gay??? What the F---? I was thinking maybe $2500 before I saw it. He says that it will kick the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* out of his Quadzilla, but for $4000 I could buy a 500! Oh well I guess we will see what it goes for on E-gay!:crazy:
Anyone know what one SHOULD go for?? Thanks:beer

SpeedBump
03-10-2006, 10:39 PM
No way that much. My buddy bought HIS 330 T4 for $3500 and it has +3 aarms, 2+2 axle, SR PIPE, coolhead, works shocks and beadlocks all the way around. Go to this link http://www.kawieriders.com/forums and you can get alot more info on the T4s. BTW, here is a pic of his T4s, well, they were his up until a couple weekd ago. He traded BOTH of them for a 05 Yamaha 450. The guy who has them now, wants to sell the white one. It is a LA Sleeve 300 kit, +2 aarms, 2+2 Durablue axle,+2 swingarm, new paint, all new bushings, bearings. New beadlocks and tires and lots more small little trick stuff. He only wants $2500 for it. (oh ya, I personally know this bike...it was MINE and I repainted the frame for him) Very nice bike.

http://www.tecateconnection.com/memberrick.htm

If your guy out there is firm on his price, show him some of the other machines and what they are ACTUALLY bringing. Ebay is not the final word on things. Good luck.