PDA

View Full Version : 700cc 2 stroke ATK Intimidator Dirtbike

Billy Golightly
03-11-2003, 04:49 PM
http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/machines/2004/atk/700/

This thing is phenomenol from what I'm reading. It weighs 238lbs, and will sell in the $6k-$7k range! Thats almost the same area for a new Honda CRF450. Unbelievable. 700cc's of liquid cooled, 2 stroke power in a 238lb bike...wow.

3WheelsForever
03-11-2003, 05:16 PM
:-D That thing is awesome. That thing prolly flys . . well then again it will lol. Id like to see it in a race against the CR450F, CR500, KX500. I wonder how it compares? We will prolly find out here when it makes it debut. Looks awesome though. :-D

ATCRYDER
03-11-2003, 05:48 PM
That thing would run the CRF easily I think.....

Quite the style. :shock:

http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/machines/2004/atk/700/02.jpg

ATC crazy
03-11-2003, 06:06 PM
Man...what I wouldn't give for that.
Talk about serious HP :shock:
Mabey someone ought to do a project by putting that engine into a ATC R. ;) :twisted:

CartmanKXT250
03-11-2003, 06:27 PM
Nah, it would be WAY easier to just have someone build a trike swingarm for it, and make a custom axle for the front forks or triple clamps for a bigger front tire.....thats all you need really :)

Tecate250
03-11-2003, 08:00 PM
Man. Why would honda do that when 2 strokes are becomming banned?
Make a damb 2 stroke quad allready. Or even better a trike.

Tri-Z_Jim
03-11-2003, 09:42 PM
"One day I will be back on 2 wheels" That thing looks fuggin awesome.I have to read up on it more.I might have to come out of retirement and race bikes again,lol.Imagine stuffing that motor in a blaster. :)

Trikeaholic
03-11-2003, 10:00 PM
Man. Why would honda do that when 2 strokes are becomming banned?
Make a damb 2 stroke quad allready. Or even better a trike.

thats cause its not a Honda, its an ATK, my favorite brand. American Made with a Rotax engine.

www.atkusa.com

check it out

G-MAN-1
03-11-2003, 10:25 PM
that thing is american. i bet it really is a piece of trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: japs rule in that area

Ace Mon
03-12-2003, 12:10 AM
Will somebody besides yamaha build a two stroke single allready . Jeeeze . The TRXR in my opinion was the the baddest thing to date for motocross . Now I know there is somebody out there about to say ' " What about the Banschee"? It IS an awesome machine but I think its more a dune machine than a motocrosser . Feel free to respond and tell me I dont know what the hell I'm talking about , But the track I ride is a short one and I have roosted more than one banshee .

YTZ250N
03-12-2003, 01:21 AM
I seen a pic of that motor months ago in a dirtwheels or ATVSport mag. They held a 250 piston next to the piston in that monster and it was like seven times bigger.

Andrew
03-12-2003, 07:27 AM
i would love to stuff that motor in my TriMoto :twisted: ..........what a sleeper that would be,but when i start it this would be the person im racings expression :shock:

djcheez
03-12-2003, 09:35 AM
one thing i havent been able to figure out is why is the expansion chamber so small and the stinger as well. i cant see 700cc's of exhaust being able to squeeze thru that stinger. also that pipe looks like it came off a 250

Dan Tenn
03-12-2003, 10:14 AM
I have to have one of those. Ive been contemplating getting an XR650 for on off road use, but just couldnt justify sticking another grand into it to get it road legal with lights and turn signals, and keyed ignition, etc. etc. This thing is ready to go with all factory options, you can custom order the entire bike tailored to what you are going to use it for. Yee Haa. The closest dealer is 225miles away. Im making a trip down there as soon as they start taking orders, but I have one question. They give you the option of a 20" or 21" front tire. Does anyone know the pros and cons associated with both? I will be using for mostly on road use, and some light duty off road use, no motoxing. Just need to know which front tire is better.

Jeb
03-12-2003, 11:49 AM
I've always loved ATKs too! If I read the article right, that motor is not rotax, but a new Maico motor.

The last Open Class Mx-er I rode (and it's been years ago) was a YZ490 and it was brutal. I always heard the old Maico 490s were power houses. I can't imagine a 700cc two-stroke single! :shock: ATK used to offer a 604 single in the Rotax motor and that was a big motor. The pipe on the new 700 is probably small because they have "de-tuned" it on pupose because mere mortals could not handle that kind of power otherwise.

Awesome bike.

Billy Golightly
03-12-2003, 12:38 PM
I've always loved ATKs too! If I read the article right, that motor is not rotax, but a new Maico motor.

The last Open Class Mx-er I rode (and it's been years ago) was a YZ490 and it was brutal. I always heard the old Maico 490s were power houses. I can't imagine a 700cc two-stroke single! :shock: ATK used to offer a 604 single in the Rotax motor and that was a big motor. The pipe on the new 700 is probably small because they have "de-tuned" it on pupose because mere mortals could not handle that kind of power otherwise.

Awesome bike.

Thats my thought on the pipe too Jeb, along with the rather small 39mm carb. They probably are detuning it to keep it from being a hurst on 2 wheels.

Wickedfinger
03-12-2003, 03:16 PM
Jesus, look at the size of that things motor .... theres a thin line between rediculas and stupid fast - I think that thing just hurdled it. I just hope the rest of the bike will hold up under the stresses of the motor - ATK's don't have the best track record.

theeechozen1
03-12-2003, 05:04 PM
:D @wickedfinger-- that thing is outragous, a cr500 already is more than needed on 2 wheels-- that thing has got to have more power than those---wicked sick fast, I can already smell the plastic surgens getting richer !