PDA

View Full Version : Apology to board members

TimSr
03-12-2006, 11:59 PM
I owe this board an apology for some of the things I have posted in a particular thread in this forum. They should have been emailed to the people they were directed at, and had no business being on the forums. I put up things that I would have removed if posted by others, and that was hypocritical of me. Most of the people on this site do not want to see that crap, and I caved to the attacks that were only meant to get a response like the one I gave.
Ive run for public office, and had lies and misrepresentations written of me, and I even run a local politcal website, and take my share of personal criticisms there, but Ill admit that none have ever been so personally hurtful as those printed on this other hate site, and my emotions got the better of me. I am human and I do make mistakes. I caved.
Motocross has been especially dear to me since a little 3 1/2 year old TimJr talked me into coming out of MX (bikes) "retirement" in 1998 and running my first ATV motocross on my TriZ while he competed on his TriZinger. I have worked for years to get other 3 wheeler riders involved in local MX, and got mostly failure until I recently met a bunch of guys from the Bucyrus, OH area.
I busted my *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* to bring a quality MX to Trikefest in 2004, and did the best job I knew how. People dont realize how much anxiety is involved in sticking your neck out to make something happen, knowing that no matter what you do, and how it turns out, you will still get criticized or ridiculed. I never setup or directed one before, but Id seen guys I admire do it for years, and I knew I had learned from the best - and Ill especially thank Wayne Phillips of Patriot Promotions and George Seigler of Smith Road Raceway. I felt obligated to do these races, since I knew how it was done. Is it bragging to admit that after a couple hundred races, I might have learned a couple of things about how they are run that others might not know? Well, it turned out great, and I got a lot of positive feedback so there was no quetion Id do it again in '05 and bring some improvements I learned from on the job training in 04. I did the best I could do, and gave it my all. I was proud of the job I did, and Ill admit that when somebody says "great job" it feels pretty good. Is that seeking glory or just looking for affirmation that you did the right thing? What doesnt feel good is reading about how one of your biggest accomplishments was a stolen idea from somebody who wasnt even remotely involved, and then to read the comments of the "amen chorus" consisting of people, who pretend to be a supporter when its convenient and then attack you somewhere else. People who have no idea how hard I worked to make it happen. It hurts. I have a thick skin, but Ill confess they really got to me, and it hurt. I stole nothing, and organized a good event. Reading these things never bothered me before because of who they were written by, but it does hurt when people who were never there or werent around when these people earned their reputaions start to believe it. It gets hard to take, and you can imagine how it feels.

All you guys who read gossip and take it as fact, because they it doesnt get answered, please, please, if you have any questions at all, contact the people involved. They dont get answered in public because they turn into a screwed up mess like this has. I was the first to say we should ignore it, and I was the first who failed at doing just that. I am truly sorry. Ill be happy to answer any questions privately, but it should be obvious by now why these things cannot be dealt with in a public forum. People dont want crap like this in the forums, other than a twisted few who get off on it. If you ever wondered my MrATC was never invited back to this site after his ban, its because the whole forum looked like this the entire time he was a member. It looked like his forum. We've had a past policy of removing this crap before it ever got started including threads attacking banned members and other sites. I violated my own policy, and I am sorry.

If you have problems with another site, or somebody on that site, please take your problems over there. They dont belong here. Please dont bring up or discuss banned people in the forums, as it just gives them an excuse to reappear. If you ever want to know why somebody was banned, then ask privately and we will be happy to discuss it with you in private. I really dont care if somebody wants to call it cowardice, as I consider it prudence.

Posting on 3WW is NOT a right. You are our guests, and we expect you to act like it. 99% of the members are awesome, but it only takes a few people to trash a whole site. You can either contribute to it or you can learn from it. People have only gotten banned for behavior. Nobody ever got banned for an opinion or honest disagreement, but we are sick and tired of those people who only maintain a membership to stir up trouble. If you dont like 3WW or its staff that affects your ability to behave like a guest then it would be wise to stay out.

Again, I apologise to the members, who do not want to see this crap on here.

I originally posted a poll to the membership as to what we should do with that thread, as we will be critcized whether we lock it, leave it open, or remove it, but after discussing it with the rest of the staff, we decided that that would only prolong a subject that I am confident everyone wants to see gone. Our members have let us know many times that they want a clean board, and we will see that they have one. The few who dont are welcome to look for fights elsewhere.