PDA

View Full Version : I have been accepted to OCS!!!!!!!!!!!

LonesomeTriZ
03-13-2006, 11:01 AM
I went before the OCS board on this past Friday and was accepted in only seven minutes. I guess I made a good impression. The guy that went in before me spent 45 minutes and came out sweating. I love it. I processed on Saturday and signed my contract. I will be leaving for Fort Benning on 28 June. I just wanted to share my life changing experience with you all.

And so it begins...

Lomax
03-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Thats cool, what is the OCS though?

Kintore
03-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Congrats Louis! I know it has something to do with the army, but what exactly does it mean?

Special officer? or something like that?

"So it begins" reminds me of that lord of the rings 2 movie. I think ill go watch it.

knsmodels
03-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Congrats and Good Luck.......:w00t:

LonesomeTriZ
03-13-2006, 11:14 AM
OCS is what the Army calls their officer training. I will second LT on active duty when I graduate.

Cody
03-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Congrats dude, Fort Benning should be fun.

Vealmonkey
03-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Congrats man. You've got to be pretty squared away to even be considered. I spent 6 years in the USN, and we had much more respect for the officers that came up through the ranks than the 4 year wonders from annapolis. Don't ever forget where you came from career wise and that you will be leading the people that you once were. The moment you forget that, you will be sunk. All the discipline in the world and "pomp and circumstance" could ever account for your experience in "the ranks", don't forsake your brothers for the "O" status. ....Hand....Salute.

Billy Golightly
03-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Congrats Louis, does this mean no trikefest this year? :( I'm gonna give you a ring on the nextel.

LonesomeTriZ
03-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Spoken like a true service member there Veal. I know what you mean. I will always remember where I cam from. That is why I decided to become an officer. I got tired of seeing the lower enlisted dumped on. Instead of complaining about it I worked my up to a place where I can do something about it. to me, that is what it is all about.

Thanks for the wake up call Billy. It was time for me to get back to work any way. :lol: It does look as though Trikefest will be a no go for me this year. I am not happy about that. However, this career move will enable me to better afford the trip and get ALL my mchines up to standard for the following year.:w00t:

YAMA-MAMA
03-13-2006, 07:31 PM
I went before the OCS board on this past Friday and was accepted in only seven minutes. I guess I made a good impression. The guy that went in before me spent 45 minutes and came out sweating. I love it. I processed on Saturday and signed my contract. I will be leaving for Fort Benning on 28 June. I just wanted to share my life changing experience with you all.

And so it begins...

This has been a long time coming. Louis has really been focused and worked really hard the past 4 yrs. I know he will be an excellent officer and really look out for the men he leads. But he needs to remember.... no matter what his rank Im a mommy, I will always out rank him! :lol:

dreadhed
03-13-2006, 10:02 PM
But he needs to remember.... no matter what his rank Im a mommy, I will always out rank him! :lol:
hahaha

Congrat to both of you. I know it takes alot from each of you. Especially with the little one. Best of luck to you. Hope it all goes well.

SpeedBump
03-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Salute there ButterBar!!! I wish you all the best in your new Career Path.
BTW, thanks for your service. Hoorah!!

82300R
03-13-2006, 11:12 PM
congradulations and good luck.:beer

hrc85250r
03-14-2006, 12:16 AM
dont ROTC guys become an officer right after college? i think someone told me that......congrats lonesome, have fun !

69HemiGTX
03-14-2006, 06:51 AM
dont ROTC guys become an officer right after college? i think someone told me that......congrats lonesome, have fun !

Yes, they do, but they also have to go through the Basic Officers' Course at Fort Lewis before they are "official." Most go through the course before they graduate, however.

Hey Lonesome, that's great news! :beer I have a lot of respect for the OCS guys because most have prior enlisted time, so they know what it's like to suck hind tit. I have been active for a little over three years, and I am currently working on my Warrant Officer Aviator packet, so let's hope I get picked up. Fort Rucker, here I come! I know the Army is really short on both Commissioned and Warrant Officers right now. I have decided that if I am accepted, I will make a career out of this. My goal will be to fly UH-60 Blackhawks and then transition to C-12 Hurons (fixed-wing) at a later date. I will say this, I won't envy the crap that you will have to put up with as an LT. :lol: I'll take the pay cut to do barely anything more than fly. Are you planning to work in aviation? If so, maybe we'll meet each other sometime.

LonesomeTriZ
03-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks for all the kind words.

Hemi,

I tried to get into the pilot program, but my age and eye sight put up too much of a fight against me. I did put down aviation on my wish list so maybe I will get into it at a different level.

daputz
03-14-2006, 10:34 AM
congrats guy's, A new LT and a WO. Thats great that you guy's have worked your way up. I know I appreciated the insight the former white hats had to offer, they knew the job why and how it should be done.

grundlegrabber
03-14-2006, 11:46 PM
Congrats Louis! Sux about TF this year, but you gotta look to the future. Best of luck with your officer training. I'm sure you are a great asset to our military. See you in '07!

LonesomeTriZ
03-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Thanks Grundle. It looks as though I may be able to get Trikefest after all. I thought it was in July fir some reason. If I can figure out a way to take care of my son while up there I may make the trip after all.