PDA

View Full Version : This is probably......

JourneyMan
03-12-2003, 05:39 PM
This is probably a stupid question but, :? where is the idle screw located on a 2003 Yamaha Blaster? I looked on the right side and the left side of the carb and no screw. I only see the air mixture screw. There is a hole on the right side of the carb that has threads in it but no screw. It looks like where the idle screw might go but Ive read the manual and it dosent show that as being the idle screw. It shows something else but the picture isnt clear and is confusing.

HemiChallenger71
03-12-2003, 07:45 PM
You have to take off the seat, and it should be very visible with the seat off near or on the carb. With the T.O.R.S. crap I think it's actually moved from the carb. You should see it though with the seat off.

JourneyMan
03-13-2003, 04:46 AM
Thanks you HemiChallenger71.

Jeb
03-13-2003, 04:10 PM
How do you like the '03 so far?

JourneyMan
03-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Truthfully I have to admit. Im a Honda and Kawasaki person. But I havent had a chance to really ride the blaster only for a hour because here in Southeastern Massachussetts with all the snow and slush and the periods of warm weather it makes the ground REAL muddy so the tires just spin :( . But taking it down the street so I can see what it has...., for a Yamaha its allright 8) . Its real quick for what it is. And I cant wait till the gruond is decent enough so I can ride in some of the pits around here.