PDA

View Full Version : Question for United Kingdom guys

seadoo650
03-17-2006, 08:30 PM
or anybody else for that matter.

One of my customers asked for some sockets and wrenches in something he called wentworth or british standard. Anyone heard of these. He works at a local high end shop on mostly older Rolse Royce's.(sp?), Bently's and Jag's.

Any help or web links would be appreciated.

Thanks.

danteross77
03-17-2006, 10:51 PM
I have a lot of Wadsworth wrenches I use at the shop, But I engraved them to say so(My last Name)LOL!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mobular
03-18-2006, 12:58 AM
Before you go Googling, the correct spelling is Whitworth. :lol:

firefirefire90
03-18-2006, 01:06 AM
Yeah i have some whitworth spanners....DAMN for my MGB..they cost SOO FREAKIN MUCH from Moss Motors England(not USA..stupid me) and they cost for all of my needs...in total i think over 1000. But my dad paid for it. :lol:

slothminx
03-19-2006, 07:04 AM
or anybody else for that matter.

One of my customers asked for some sockets and wrenches in something he called wentworth or british standard. Anyone heard of these. He works at a local high end shop on mostly older Rolse Royce's.(sp?), Bently's and Jag's.

Any help or web links would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sockets and wrenches?

Whitworth British standard is a thread type, has a different pitch.

They use the same head size.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Standard_Whitworth

seadoo650
03-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the help and correct spelling guys. I found a site britishtool.com. I'll forward it to my customer and he can take it from there. You're right firefire they are expensive. But I guess if you're talented enough to work on bently's and rolls then you could prolly afford it. Thanks again guys.