PDA

View Full Version : Rumble on the Ridge ATV Rally

TimSr
03-14-2003, 12:05 AM
The first one of this year is coming up in a little over 2 weeks, March 29th, at Adena, Ohio. This event has grown to be HUGE. Last years opening rally brought over 3400 people, mostly from Ohio, Pa,. NY, IN, and WVa., but a few traveled even farther. The April issue of ATV Action has an article about it. This year will have even more coverge. ATV Action magazine will be ther as well as Fisher's ATV World, which is a new television show, which hasnt yet aired.
Im working frantically, and almost have my Z back together, and hopefully will be ready to do a test outing/break in this weekend.
This rally has 30 mile course, not very difficult. Its not a race, and you ride the marked course at your leisure along with a few thousand other people. Camping is available for Friday and Sat night, with riidng only on Saturday. I would urge anyone to go, who is able. Its well worth the trip. Wouldnt it be great to see a group of 20 or 30 trikes show up under all this publicity? They would sure catch the camera's attention, as we caught everyones attention at Haspin. Many groups and clubs come and fly their banner. PaAtving always has a large turnout. There are always a handful of trikeriders, but never as a group. Howdy came to an early one, but its grown by a few thousand people since then!
If anybody is interested in going, or meeting over there, feel free to email me. For lots of pictures, Ive just added several new pages to my website, and there are also pictures on the Rumble's website.

http://www.angelfire.com/sports/fourwheeler/

http://www.rumbleontheridge.homestead.com/

als250
03-14-2003, 02:23 AM
Hey Tim, Cool 8) site! Like the music! Where abouts is Adena,Oh.?(not listed in my atlas) Sounds like alot of fun. Two weeks alittle short notice. Is the opener the only one that brings that many people? When is the next one? Looks like Tim Jr. was definitely "BORN TO RIDE !!" :D

Al

TimSr
03-14-2003, 10:10 AM
Adena is near Cadiz, Ohio in the mid eastern part. Easiest way to locate it is use yahoo.com maps and go to driving instructions. Rumble even has a link to it on their site. The first one is always the biggest, as it kind of replaced the Cochranton, Pa. ride. Most of the later rides are 1200-1400 depending on the weather. They had a lot of problems with dust last summer.

Two other clubs have runs in that same area. They arent nearly as popular, but a blast to ride.

http://www.rallyinherrickvalley.com/

http://hopedalesportsmanclb.tripod.com/atv_rally.htm

Howdy
03-14-2003, 10:23 AM
This would be a great place to take the 1/2 a car. lol They would remember it I am sure. I know I couldn't drive it there though. They have the No sand rails rule ( or did ).

Howdy

Bill X_R
03-14-2003, 06:50 PM
Cool web site Tim...( I however didn't care for the music :)...That's a great shot of your kid on the Raptor 80. You think he pulled a couple of face muscles from smiling so hard in that bottom picture..lol That's awsome he won that! Must have been during the time I was away from tye board. I'd like to come but am inbetween rides right now. Hope to have something for the haspin ride!

Peace Out

G-MAN-1
03-14-2003, 10:16 PM
how much is this to enter tim?????????????????????and how far from new york abouts.?

TimSr
03-15-2003, 01:05 AM
The cost is $15 to ride, and $10 per vehicle per night to camp. Im not sure how far from NY, I guess that would depend on where, but use Yahoo.com maps and get driving directions, and it will give you exact mileage from your town to Adena, Ohio. We are going down Friday to camp, but will probably drive home Saturday after the run as its about 2 hours from here.

Yes, Bill, this is TimJrs favorite rally, because this was the one he won the Raptor at last summer. It was really strange when he won. They were giving two quads away, and were turning the drum which had probably 5-10,000 tickets. Tim asked if he could turn the drum, and the guy said no, but that they needed a kid to draw the tickets, and said he could do it. First he drew the Grizzly ticket, and then he drew the Raptor ticket, and he did not understand that he had won, because the guy couldnt pronounce our last name. Then I yelled "Tim, thats you, you won!", and he got this big dopey grin, and they picked him up, and placed him on it and started taking pictures. I had to pick it up at a dealer about 2 hours away from me, and pay the $187.00 sales tax, but it was worth it!

Howdy, yoiu could probably take the half car and cruise the gravel roads, just cant take it out on the trails. Would also make a good camp to pavilion vehicle!

TimSr
03-27-2003, 11:23 PM
Got the van all packed, everything but the rides on the trailer! We are hitting the road as soon as TimJr gets home from school tomorrow. Cant wait!

Happy Trails!

Billy Golightly
03-28-2003, 12:41 AM
Make sure to take lots of pictures TimSr for all of us to see