PDA

View Full Version : Wallets...

Billy Golightly
03-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Alright my wallet is falling apart, I've had it like 5 years. I bought it at the time because it was a nice leather, no frills normal brown leather wallet with a couple fold outs, 2 storage places for money one of them being zippered, clear slot for ID, tons of card spots, a couple hidden places to tuck a $50 or a $100 for emergencies, ect. Its huge, but its what I want and need. I've been looking on ebay and all I can find are these huge things that are like checkbook covers or a normal sized one with a bunch of designs and overall just to much queerity for me. All I want is something like this, just a brown wallet with some fold outs, couple compartments, lots of card storage but not a bunch of crap on the outside of it stuff I dont need. Where the hell am I gonna find a replacement? Halp me 3ww! :lol:

nouseforaname90
03-25-2006, 06:23 PM
I have a wallet that I got for Christmas one year and I have yet to use. The wallet I use now has quite a few years left in it. Maybe you could buy my spare.. lol.

dizasterzrfun69
03-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Alright my wallet is falling apart, I've had it like 5 years. I bought it at the time because it was a nice leather, no frills normal brown leather wallet with a couple fold outs, 2 storage places for money one of them being zippered, clear slot for ID, tons of card spots, a couple hidden places to tuck a $50 or a $100 for emergencies, ect. Its huge, but its what I want and need. I've been looking on ebay and all I can find are these huge things that are like checkbook covers or a normal sized one with a bunch of designs and overall just to much queerity for me. All I want is something like this, just a brown wallet with some fold outs, couple compartments, lots of card storage but not a bunch of crap on the outside of it stuff I dont need. Where the hell am I gonna find a replacement? Halp me 3ww! :lol:

check walmart or target, thats where i got my last wallet and i've had it for years. mine is black leather with a clear spot for the ID a few places for cards 1 or 2 spots to hide a little extra cash and of course the main area where you put the cash. Normally you can get a good one for like $15.
There is a place where you can get a duct-tape wallet :lol: :lol: I'm a believer of duct tape and WD-40. (If it doesnt move and it should, use the WD-40, if it moves and it shouldnt, use the duct tape) but i sure aint buying a duct tape wallet, they cant last real long i'd imagine. anyone here ever buy a duct tape wallet? howd it hold up?

kevin

nouseforaname90
03-25-2006, 06:31 PM
My brother actually made a ducttape wallet a few years ago. He liked it better because he could custom make it the way he wanted it and it was stylish :). It actually help up quite good. Lasted a little over a year until he accidentally washed it..

dizasterzrfun69
03-25-2006, 06:32 PM
I think I am on wallet #5 for my entire 50 years of being on planet earth.
I sure hope I out live this one but am not looking forward to getting its replacement.

john

you hate breaking them in? well that all depends on who you are. If you have money it can be like sitting on a brick, if your like me it's like sitting on an envelope. :lol: really though, i also HATE breaking in new wallets.

Kevin

OldSchoolin86
03-25-2006, 06:38 PM
I just hate wallets all together. I have a filing cabinet at home for paper work and a money clip in my front pocket for my cash and cards. I say pass on the lump in your ass.:lol:

Billy Golightly
03-25-2006, 06:40 PM
I just hate wallets all together. I have a filing cabinet at home for paper work and a money clip in my front pocket for my cash and cards. I say pass on the lump in your ass.:lol:

Hahaha, yeah, I dont keep mine in the back pocket. I've got so much stuff in mine (Its not money either :() that I would actually get a bruise on the cheek of my ass if I was doing much sitting or driving. :lol: I switched to the front pocket and its been good since then.

dizasterzrfun69
03-25-2006, 06:50 PM
just get a purse, we wont make fun of you, I promise
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kevin

250r'en +TCB
03-25-2006, 07:07 PM
Hahaha, yeah, I dont keep mine in the back pocket. I've got so much stuff in mine (Its not money either :() that I would actually get a bruise on the cheek of my ass if I was doing much sitting or driving. :lol: I switched to the front pocket and its been good since then.
hahaha yeah same here! All my friends think it's stupid how I do that, I just say "I know you guys like having lumpy things on your ass, but I do not!" hahaha. not to mention it makes it all but impossible for someone to pick-pocket you if it is in your front pockets.

bearclawchris
03-25-2006, 07:08 PM
I like the trifold type wallets the best. The one I carry holds all kinds of stuff (mostly not money!) I find myself keeping all kinds of cards for businesses etc and then I write notes and numbers all over them, I even carry a bandaid or two from time to time. Amity is the best brand I have found and only about 15.00 or so at a place like JC Penny or Bergners stores.

wheelie king
03-25-2006, 07:51 PM
I had a Dockers brand similar to that, Billy. I checked out www.dockers.com but they seemed to be having problems with their site. I do know that wallets and belts are under "accessories". I have had 2 leather dockers wallets in the last 10 years, and both have served me well. Bought them at the mall. I do know that dockers makes a bi-fold that is specifically designed for the front pocket, also. Good luck, and happy hunting.

Kintore
03-25-2006, 07:58 PM
check walmart or target, thats where i got my last wallet and i've had it for years. mine is black leather with a clear spot for the ID a few places for cards 1 or 2 spots to hide a little extra cash and of course the main area where you put the cash. Normally you can get a good one for like $15.
There is a place where you can get a duct-tape wallet :lol: :lol: I'm a believer of duct tape and WD-40. (If it doesnt move and it should, use the WD-40, if it moves and it shouldnt, use the duct tape) but i sure aint buying a duct tape wallet, they cant last real long i'd imagine. anyone here ever buy a duct tape wallet? howd it hold up?

kevin
Like this?
:lol:

dizasterzrfun69
03-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Like this?
:lol:

exactly :lol:

Kevin

Vealmonkey
03-25-2006, 09:33 PM
I carry the good old bikers wallet with a chain. If you get one of these, get one that is slightly oversize so it can hold your dollars securely. Some of the smaller ones will barely hold a dollar bill. I'm a dinosaur and I like cash to carry. I never cared much for credit cards, I'v seen too many people get in trouble.

Enigma
03-25-2006, 11:17 PM
I have one very similar to this one (http://www.us.dockers.com/lsco/dockers/prod/d_prod.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374305317731&bmUID=1143342212647) but in black leather, mine also has two spots for bills and 4 card slots on each side. I like it alot but there isn't as much room for all your cards.

I also don't put it in my back pocket because mine in kinda big also, and my chiropractic said that sitting on a big wallet like that screws up your back more. Most of my pants and shorts are cargo so I put the wallet in one of the side pockets and it has worked out well. Good luck finding a worthy replacement.

MyMistress86R
03-25-2006, 11:32 PM
I bought one at Kauffman's (think Lazerus) MANY years ago that I still carry. It's nearly an inch deeper than a normal wallet. Bifold and I'd say 4 to 4.5 inches square folded up and it holds a crap-ton of stuff. It is also designed with ridges in the leather kinda like a cumberbund that prevent accidental or unwanted removal from your pocket. It is very comfortable, but then again, I think I have a permanant impression in my ass from carrying it for so long...lol.

ATC crazy
03-26-2006, 01:13 AM
I switched to the front pocket and its been good since then.

Ever since I lost 3 wallets in 6 months from my back pocket, I switched to my front left pocket. Never had a problem since....plus, it's much more comfortable while sitting.

I hate tri-folds too. They are thicker, the money is folded funny, and its a b***h to put money back in. Bi-folds are the only way for me :w00t:

Pistonhead
03-26-2006, 02:00 AM
I agree with vealmonkey. A wallet stashed in the left front pocket with a big ol chain not only keeps pickpockets away and doubles as a great weapon, it looks epically cool.

TexFest
03-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Hey you might want to check out this guy on ebay, username=kaveshla

He sells leather wallets and he can make you a custom wallet, you could probably get him to make you a 3 Wheeler World wallet if you wanted to.

nouseforaname90
03-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Here you go. Here's a pic of my monitary storage device. Its about 2 years old and is still going strong! It seems that since I have gotten hooked on trikes, it has held more receipts than money..

http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/100_0551-20060327102923.jpg (http://s2.supload.com/free/100_0551-20060327102923.jpg/view/)
http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/100_0552-20060327102930.jpg (http://s2.supload.com/free/100_0552-20060327102930.jpg/view/)
http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/100_0553.JPG (http://s2.supload.com/free/100_0553.JPG/view/)

DeePa
03-27-2006, 12:21 PM
I have one very similar to this one (http://www.us.dockers.com/lsco/dockers/prod/d_prod.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374305317731&bmUID=1143342212647) but in black leather, mine also has two spots for bills and 4 card slots on each side. I like it alot but there isn't as much room for all your cards.

I also don't put it in my back pocket because mine in kinda big also, and my chiropractic said that sitting on a big wallet like that screws up your back more. Most of my pants and shorts are cargo so I put the wallet in one of the side pockets and it has worked out well. Good luck finding a worthy replacement.

i have that same one for like 6 years now...not a problem yet

LonesomeTriZ
03-27-2006, 01:08 PM
The western store Melissa works at has just want you want. I'll ask her to pick one up and we will bring it to you on our next trip to North Florida.

Lomax
03-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Mine came from Dillards (I think). I have had it so many years I cant even remember exactly how long anymore. seems like it was around 50 bucks. Not a bad price I dont guess. I hate spending money on something just to put money in though :rolleyes:

3 weelin geezer
03-27-2006, 03:13 PM
That guy still selling duct tape wallets? :crazy: Who would be stupid enough to BUY one when you can make it yourself any size you want. Its not rocket science. http://www.rpi-polymath.com/ducttape/duct_tape_wallet.html

Unclediezel
03-27-2006, 03:55 PM
I know the "Back" or Front" pocket discussion was all an fun and a matter of preference---But the back pocket Not only leaves dents in your butt--But can cause some nasty spinal problems, especially if you spend a decent amount of time driving. It changes the angle of your thighs while sitting--and can be severely painful over time

LonesomeTriZ
03-27-2006, 04:10 PM
That is very true. That is why I do not even put mine in my pocket unless I am getting out of the vehicle.

ride_red_95
03-28-2006, 07:25 PM
I like the trifold type wallets the best.

me to i think thier the best i have a $30 black leather one that my rich aunt :naughty: :naughty: got me for my birthday

MTS
03-28-2006, 07:35 PM
I know the "Back" or Front" pocket discussion was all an fun and a matter of preference---But the back pocket Not only leaves dents in your butt--But can cause some nasty spinal problems, especially if you spend a decent amount of time driving. It changes the angle of your thighs while sitting--and can be severely painful over time
Thats why you take your wallet and put it on the dash on Long drives.....:p

trikes4life
03-28-2006, 09:11 PM
you hate breaking them in? well that all depends on who you are. If you have money it can be like sitting on a brick, if your like me it's like sitting on an envelope. :lol: really though, i also HATE breaking in new wallets.

Kevin

lol that is lso true with me.

trikes4life
03-28-2006, 09:16 PM
kill a cow and make your own

Chevy200s
03-29-2006, 10:12 AM
That guy still selling duct tape wallets? :crazy: Who would be stupid enough to BUY one when you can make it yourself any size you want. Its not rocket science. http://www.rpi-polymath.com/ducttape/duct_tape_wallet.html

haha, its funny you should mention that. Back when I was in high school I must have made and sold about 30 duct tape wallets to people, they were lazy and I could use the 5 bucks, lol. I had a duct tape wallet for years, the problem with them is that after a while the tape gets old and you lint and junk trapped in the sticky part and it just starts look pretty nasty. yeah I was a messed up kid back then, not only did I do the wallets, but I made an entire trench coat out of duct tape for a buddy and bunch of other stuff. lol, no time for that any more though, my trikes are taking up all my free time:lol: