PDA

View Full Version : Be on the lookout

J.D.
03-15-2003, 12:27 PM
There's some mother f'in cold/flu going around right now and it sucks big hairy cow balls. Right now it feels like someone backed a semi on top of my head, and left it there, and my throat it feels like a cat is in there scratching the hell out of it. Even raw vinegar+raw honey mix isn't helping this out alot, this shite is nasty! Plus to top it off my little doggy(well, not so little, she's a Doberman) cut her leg pretty bad...I'm hoping it's not gonna need stiches :(

Howdy
03-15-2003, 02:07 PM
It's visiting here right now also.

Yesterday I felt fine. Today I feel like I "H E Double tooth picks".

Billy Golightly
03-15-2003, 02:17 PM
...my throat it feels like a cat is in there scratching the hell out of it. Even raw vinegar+raw honey mix isn't helping this out alot, this shite is nasty!

I have a soloution for you! Whenever I get a bad sore throat, I eat some jalapeno's. Or something really spicy hot. Always works like a charm, and in just a few minutes too. I do usually lose my voice for a day or two but no more sore throat :P

J.D.
03-15-2003, 02:44 PM
Jalapenos are weak to me, I like Habaneros :twisted: If I eat even one habanero whole tho it tears my stomach up, I can only take small nips of them at a time :( and I like them too..I guess I have a weak stomach!

shiner
03-15-2003, 09:07 PM
It hit here about 4 weeks ago and I'm just now feeling better. I don't go to the Dr. unless I'm almost dead but I went about 2 weeks ago and got some antibiotics. They didn't seem to work at first but I hate to see what I would of felt like if I wouldn't of had them. I don't think I ever had anything hang on so long.

J.D.
03-15-2003, 09:24 PM
No offense, but your crazy. Antibiotics DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT work on colds/flus. This is why antiobiotics are becoming less effective and there are "super viruses" running around that antibiotics have no effect on. If doctors would stop prescribing antiobiotics for everything, that would be a help. Please, do me a favor, and read this website I'm listing and learn from it, and spread the word...too many people abuse antibiotics and it's worsening each day, and if we keep on antibiotics will be useless.

http://www.lung.ca/antibiotics/

shiner
03-15-2003, 10:00 PM
well I think I believe you. But I felt so lousy I figured I'd try them . It seemed like my flu/cold turned into a sinus infection, I'm not sure. All I know is they didn't seem to make me feel better any quicker than the over the counter meds. After reading about the side effects of the antibiotics I don't know for sure why I felt so bad, the side effects or the illness.

jeswinehart
03-15-2003, 10:24 PM
i and the rest of us had that same thing last year at this time. sevral of my co-workers had it a month ago too. Never ever been so sick !
i gave it to the mrs. a day after i come down with it. heck the dog didn't look so good either ! he moped around with us too.
and ya - all are right about it hanging on,,, even after a week off it must have been 3 weeks b-4 i didn't feel like i had been sick.
i would call in every morning and the boss would tell me i sounded like crap + would fire me if i showed up cuz i would infect him and the rest of the crew.
i really thought about the fact i didn't have a will made out too.
by the way, after 2 days back at work the boss said get your but to the company doctor now (!) and he gave me a shot of antibiotics also.
oh yeah, one more thing,,,, coughed till stomach was sore + caused a hernia too.

J.D.
03-15-2003, 10:51 PM
WTF is it with doctors throwing out antibiotics out all over the place for colds!?

smokinwrench
03-16-2003, 12:30 AM
Our local Dr. actually a physians assistant (small town) will not give any medicine for a cold she syas the same thing.

J.D.
03-16-2003, 12:56 AM
Good deal. The best remedy for colds is raw honey+raw vinegar, chicken soup, and rest. Sometimes Dr. Pepper.